[EXPIRED] Ride-Along Request - Thomas Rew

Post by Thomas Rew »

Personal information
Name: Thomas Rew

Phone number: 589-4214

Have you ever been convicted of a crime?: No
Request details
When are you available?:

I am available to help and ride along doctors every day in the evenings in CET time zone.

Why do you wish to go on a ride-along with the Los Santos Emergency Medical Department?:

I had worked as a doctor in London before I moved here to Los Santos. My idea is to watch medics and MDs how they work and then later on apply for a job in EMS.

((Timezone relative to UTC)): UTC+1
By signing this form, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
  • I will not interfere with the EMT doing their job.
  • I will listen to the EMT's instructions at all times, unless it is to assist in their work.
  • The EMT can stop the ride-along at any point at their own discretion.
  • I will not bring any weapons.
  • If I get injured, the LSEMS can not be held responsible, unless gross misconduct led to the injuries.
  • While on scenes with police involved I will remain in the ambulance and will not communicate with anyone.
  • I will show I possess common sense.
Signature: Thomas Rew
Date Signed: 10/30/2018
Image Image Image Image EX - Firefighter
EX - Certified Field Trainer | EX - Certified Pilot

Los Santos Emergency Medical Services
Daniel Roberts
ECRP Forum Name: Stimo

Re: Ride-Along Request - Thomas Rew

Post by Daniel Roberts »

Dear Mr. Rew,

Your ride-along request with the Los Santos Emergency Medical Services has been APPROVED. Please keep this ride-along request readily available throughout any of your ride-along sessions. We hope that you will get to see first-hand how the Medical Department and its employees operate day-to-day.

This ride-along request is valid for 28 days ((7 days)), after the 28 days ((7 days)) have passed your ride-along request will expire. If you are still interested in our ride-along program after your request has expired, you must submit a new one.

What should I do now?
  • You are expected to follow common courtesy and show respect to the medic in-charge of your ride-along session, as so, we request you to dress properly and keep an eye on your personal hygiene.
  • If you are in possession of any weapons, make sure not to bring them to a ride-along session. The medic in-charge will be frisking you before starting a ride-along session and will confiscate any weapons into their possession until the end of the session.
  • When you are ready for a ride-along session, visit the Pillbox Hill Medical Center at Strawberry Avenue and ask if any EMT-I or above is available to conduct a ride-along session. There is no limit to the amount of sessions you may do, so long as your request is active.
  • If no employees are available to conduct a ride-along session, try again another time or schedule a ride-along session beforehand. Your sessions may be conducted by a different medic each time.
Sincerely,
Daniel Roberts
EMT - Intermediate
Erick Chavez
ECRP Forum Name:

LSEMS Awards

Re: [ACTIVE] Ride-Along Request - Thomas Rew

Post by Erick Chavez »

Medic in-charge: Erick Chavez
Date and Time: 17:45 - 19:20 ((Timezone relative to UTC)) 11/01/2018

Quick overview of the session:
Thomas Rew joined me when I was 10-8 outside MD. We had a quick chat and he had been waiting for a ride-along for quite some days. I decided to take him on one. I responded to roughly 12 calls during the ride-along and Mr. Rew got to experience traffic accidents, a massive PD scene call and rides with the airborne chopper all the way up North.
Did any issues occur during the session?:
No
Any additional notes for further ride-along sessions:
Thomas Rew is interested in becoming an EMT and will most likely apply for a new ride-along. He is a very respectful man and it was my pleasure having him with me on the shift.

Sincerely,
Erick Chavez
EMT-Advanced
Daniel Roberts
ECRP Forum Name: Stimo

Post by Daniel Roberts »

Medic in-charge: Daniel Roberts
Date and Time: 10:15 - 12:00 ((UTC+1)) 11/03/2018

Mr. Rew approached me at the Pillbox Medical Department and asked whether I would be available to take him on a ride along. As he finished his sentence I received a Code 3 job at the High End Car Market so I asked Mr. Rew if he wouldn't mind waiting for me at Pillbox as before beginning I would need to perform my pre-ride along checks. Thomas was very understanding and patiently waited for me to return to the hospital. We went inside and checked over Mr. Rew's licenses and he accepted my request to pat him down to check for anything I didn't want for him to bring into the ambulance. Mr. Rew presented himself very well in general.

Our ride-along started promptly in which we attended a Department call for two Officers who had been hit by a spray of bullets. When arriving on scene there was only an additional Cadet standing there who unfortunately shared the news that both Officers had passed away. I carried out my checks and confirmed the deaths of both individuals. A coroner was arranged and the bodies were taken away, leaving only the scene to be cleaned from the aftermath. After comforting the Cadet we returned to Pillbox and back to 10-8.
The following calls brought us potential spinal injuries, twisted ankles and dislocated joints, so there was a real variety for Mr. Rew to experience in his time with me today.

Overall I would say we attended around 7-8 different jobs.

No
Mr. Rew was a pleasure to ride with today, he was well presented, patient and very understanding. Although protocol is for the ride-along attendee to NOT be involved in the care of the patients, Mr. Rew followed my clear instructions when I requested his help in lifting a patient onto a backboard and then onto a stretcher. This was a good example of him listening carefully and showing active care in the moment.

Mr. Rew seemed delighted with his experiences today and I can only wish it won't be too long until we see his face again at the Pillbox Hospital.

Sincerely,
Daniel Roberts
EMT - Intermediate
Drake Frost
ECRP Forum Name:

Post by Drake Frost »

Medic in-charge: Drake Frost
Date and Time: 3:15 PM - 4:18 PM ((Timezone relative to UTC)) 11/03/2018

For the most part, everything about the session was pretty straight forward. Thomas asked questions when he had them, quietly observed every scene, answered to my directions when I gave them to him, and was friendly and respectful towards Officers and anyone who was curious about his presence during emergency calls.

Shortly before ending the session, he informed me that he has obtained a gun license and asked for clarification on whether or not he is permitted to have more than one gun when he is on duty, to which I informed him of our rules regarding firearms and how we are intended to use them. Speaking of which, there was an incident today where 1-E-34, Philipe Sanchez, was involved in a major car accident that I responded to. During the incident, a stranger parked an armored vehicle next to us, they got out of the vehicle, approached Philipe as I was treating him and they began digging through his pockets. I drew my gun on the stranger, ordered them to get on their knees and to get their hands up, and asked mister Thomas to call the police while I was preoccupied with the stranger. Not once did I need to fire my weapon (thankfully), but Thomas got to see first hand how we are to use our firearms on a scene. Thomas did not possess a firearm of his own, so he mostly stood by and watched as other EMTs handled the situation. At least it proved an interesting learning experience for EMR Elle as well, as she and Indy responded to back me up and to treat Philipe while I had my gun held to the stranger.

Aside from that, we were also involved in a head-on collision (all parties suffered minimal damages to themselves, but vehicles were hurting) and we were rammed from the side by an armored truck during a PD Backup call. It was an accident and nobody got hurt (thankfully).

I believe in total, we answered maybe 8 - 10 calls during the session.

Yes. We had one incident where mister Thomas was walking around in the street while I was treating a patient. He wound up getting hit by a motorcycle and required treatment himself.

Thomas has indicated that he intends to become an EMT once he has a little more experience, and he has also informed me that he has received a valid weapon's permit.

Sincerely,
Drake Frost
EMT-Intermediate
Bradley Martin
ECRP Forum Name:

Post by Bradley Martin »

Dear Mr. Rew,

Your ride-along request with the Los Santos Emergency Medical Services has EXPIRED and is no longer valid. Thank you for showing interest within our ride-along program. If you wish to take any further ride-alongs, you must submit another ride-along request.

Sincerely,
EMT-Intermediate

Return to “Ride-Along Program - Archive”