Press Release November 2020

Press releases made by the Department of Corrections on updates, employee adjustments, and stories from within the prison.
Solomon Cobb
ECRP Forum Name: Ash

DOC Awards

SASG Awards

LSEMS Awards

Press Release November 2020

Post by Solomon Cobb »

The November press release is a little late this month as we will likely not have the next one until after the new year from some of our Public Relations team taking Christmas leave. This month we talk about the usual employee of the month and what they have to say as well as their friends and colleagues. We also take a look at ways that people in other departments (LSPD/LSSD/LSEMS) or the general public can report an officer at the SADOC, be it negatively through an Internal Affairs report, or positively though our new praise an officer report. Feedback is always essential to us and we want officers on either end of the spectrum to be highlighted to the command team.
We also highlight some of our cell block operations as that division is growing and increasing the presence of officers within the cell block as we believe that the rehabilitation side of our operations needs some work and we are taking steps to make that happen.
Each month here at the San Andreas Department of Corrections we like to bestow an honor on this months best performing officer who has shown time and time again that they put maximum effort and commitment into their work. The officer selected for this prestigious award has proved themselves as a representation of how each officer working for our department should strive to be.

Employee of the Month November 2020
Correctional Officer III Kourtney Parrish - #521
We like to ask the employee of the month a few questions to get their perspective on the job and what makes a great officer, below is a few answers to common questions by our Employee of the Month:

Looking back, what are memorable achievements from your service so far?
I'd totally have to say that like getting into CERT and being promoted as head of Psych in CMT were my most memorable achievements. I didn't think I'd last like more than a week because of an incident that happened when I was a trainee.

Moving forward what are the next goals as a SADOC officer?
Like my next goals are to totally finish the Psych Handbook I'm working on that'll like not only super duper help the CMT employees but like all the staff as we can totes help the intimates more!

Any advice they would give to future prospects who might think about joining the SADOC?
Besides like telling them it's a super bad idea to take selfies in the cellblock I would like tell them that even though it seems SUPER scary at some points and like crying seems like the best option, they should be strong and like try get through it. Like they should also totally join CMT too!

"She has been very active and always interacts with inmates in a positive light. Also, she has put numerous amounts of work into CMT."
- #431 Lieutenant Yuki Nakamura

"She's still going above and beyond with Psych CMT to the point where myself and Yuki have given her the position of Psych lead. She's brings a different perspective on DOC work."
- #04 Commander Solomon Cobb

"Really stepped up this month with everything she's involved in and shows really good leadership potential."
- #01 Warden Ren Sanchez

"When she was first hired it was a headache, but this month, she really stepped it up and devoted a lot of her time to CMT and Psych mainly. Her Psych evaluations are very descriptive and are very thorough. She puts a lot of time into these."
- #433 Lieutenant Nathaniel Nakamura

"Kourtney has done fantastic work for our Correctional Medical Team. Her work has had a tremendous impact on the mental health of both our inmates and members of our staff. I look forward to seeing where her work leads her in the future!"
- #05 Commander Nick McAlister

Report an Officer for Misconduct

Note: These reports are specifically if you wish to report a Department of Corrections officer, for PD and SD please refer to their websites for information on their officer reporting systems.

The San Andreas Department of Corrections takes misconduct very seriously. If you are a victim of such misconduct there is a process you can take to report the offenders and possibly be compensated for loss that you have endured on behalf of the San Andreas Department of Corrections. If you have been a victim of misconduct including but not limited to overuse of force, unlawful confinement / imprisonment or simply poor or unprofessional behavior, the following form being submitted is the sole way to obtain a formal investigation into a Correctional Officer's conduct as a civilian. Reports must be filed within 14 days ((48 hours)) of the incident in question to ensure a clean and fair investigation. If you have issues completing this form you may come in person to the facility for assistance in filling out the form. Keep in mind a standard Correctional Officer will not be able to assist in investigating the case but are only able to assist you in filling out and submitting the form for investigation by a Human Resources Investigator. SADOC Employees may also use this form to place a complaint against another employee if they feel their direct supervisor is not able to handle the situation or if the situation involves their direct supervisor. As with any investigation by the Department of Corrections, evidence is crucial to helping us reach the appropriate outcome of your case. Please include ALL information and evidence available at the time of the report to obtain the best results.

(( You may report an officer Out Of Characterly who has broken a policy within our faction and/or a server rule while on duty in the Department of Corrections. We ask that you bring the evidence to high command before posting a formal forum complaint, however you are free to do what you wish with the evidence. If, however, there is a forum complaint on an officer then you may also report it to us in order for us to take internal action as well. You must include the forum complaint link. Any evidence that is obtained out of characterly may be attached to an in character complaint if there is an In Character way we would review the situation (i.e, CCTV, dashcam, etc) You may report someone out of character for poor roleplay standards, breach of server rules or faction policies, or general misconduct. ))

Praise an Officer

Whilst we take misconduct seriously at the San Andreas Department of Corrections, we also like to hear from people when one of our officers is standing out in a positive light and going above and beyond to help those in need. The beliefs that we strive to make our officers stand for are; Courage, Discipline, Respect, Integrity, Loyalty, Selfless Commitment. We are here to serve the community at the end of the day and these core beliefs are integral to us keeping up our reliability and providing a great service to everyone in Los Santos from all backgrounds.

Whether you are from LSPD/LSSD/LSEMS, an ex-inmate or just a member of the general public, you can use this form below to commend an officer for going above and beyond if you feel they need recognition for a high quality of service.

This form is only for commending DOC officers, We do not commend officers from LSPD or LSSD, go to their respective websites for that.

Send the below form filled out to SADOC High Command - Click here to email them
TEMPLATE

Code: Select all

[img]https://i.imgur.com/JBuIo8f.png[/img]
[img]https://i.imgur.com/LQCYRwj.png[/img]
[divbox=white]
[list=none]

[b]FULL NAME:[/b] Answer
[b]PHONE:[/b] Answer
[b]ADDRESS:[/b] Answer
[b]OTHER:[/b] Answer

[/list]
[/divbox]

[img]https://i.imgur.com/ydGpcKi.png[/img][divbox=white]
[list=none]
[b]RANK:[/b] Answer
[b]BADGE NUMBER:[/b] Answer

[b]RANK:[/b] Answer
[b]BADGE NUMBER:[/b] Answer
[/list]
[/divbox]

[img]https://i.imgur.com/01rEoYY.png[/img][divbox=white][list=none]
[b]DATE OF THE INCIDENT:[/b] Answer
[b]TIME OF THE INCIDENT:[/b] Answer
[b]LOCATION OF THE INCIDENT:[/b] Answer

[b]DESCRIPTION OF THE COMMENDATION:[/b][list=none] Answer (What would you like to commend about the employee's performance?)

[/list][/list][/divbox]
Divisional Command

This month we have had 2 officers within our Human Resources department move up from supervisor to Divisional Command as 2nd Lieutenants, #431 Yuki Nakamura and #433 Nathaniel Nakamura. They both have done amazing work to contribute to not only their department but the DOC as a whole. They have both proven themselves to be extremely useful assets and the High Command team have decided to give them a chance to do even more and giving them divisional command positions withing Human Resources.

A word from #431 2nd Lieutenant Yuki Nakamura:
"As 2nd Lieutenant, I hope to show the SADOC and the city that i'm worthy of the position I have been given. In the foreseeable future I will be working with other departments to see up an event for the city. Also, I'm going to be working a lot closer with trainees and continue to develop the medical team. I would just like to say thanks to SADOC for giving me the opportunity of being in Low command and I hope to set an example to others. "

A word from #433 2nd Lieutenant Nathaniel Nakamura:
"I am very happy to get this opportunity to move up to a Divisional Command position. As Divisional Command in Human Resources, I plan to help the SADOC grow, working with Human Resources command to create new polices and procedures to ensure that we hire the best into the department. I also want to grow the Human Resources Department as a whole. I hope to bring to the Divisional Command team new ideas and a new perspective to help the department."

In the last few weeks we have been pushing our Cellblock Operations division, a division primarily focused on interaction with inmates and giving them activities to do as well as focusing more on rehabilitation opportunities and giving inmates things to learn whilst in prison to pass their time. The first image is the team entering the cell block with one of LSSD's parole officers trying to scout out for an inmate that might want parole. We had several interested, with some having too serious charges to allow for parole opportunities but the inmates managed to understand more about LSSD's Parole Division nonetheless.
The below photograph is a strong contender for the San Andreas Department of Corrections annual Christmas card we'll be sending out across the city in a few weeks but is also a good highlight of how harmonious the relationship between Prison guards and inmates can be as we do see a lot of each other after all and we are there to try and guide them to the best of our ability back on track from mistakes they have made.
This final photograph was captured after we had taught a couple of first-time inmates how they can earn a little extra cash in prison for their release. The weather was atrocious with the recent wave of snow in the city but they were determined to push through to better themselves and learn the discipline required to do some honest crime-free work as practice for once they're released and ready to turn their lives around.
Recruitment
 ! Message from: Human Resources Command
Recruitment for the San Andreas Department of Corrections is OPEN as of 25/10/2020. Please see below on how to apply.
    • ((Must have a Out of Character age of 16 years old))
  • Citizenship/Residency: Must be a American Citizen at the time of submitting an application, and been a resident of San Andreas for no less then 12 Months.
    • (( Must have over 5,000 XP in total across all characters ))
  • Criminal History: You must not have any serious crimes on your record (will be dealt with on a case to case basis)
  • Multiple Employments: You may not be a member of LSPD or LSSD at the time of hiring, as these are full time positions. You may have a part time position while working at the SADOC.
  • Mental/Physical Fitness: As a Corrections Officer, you must be able to maintain good mental and physical fitness. You will be tested on this during our hiring process.
    • ((As a faction, we hold a high RP standard, we will help you of course, if you're new. But you must want to learn and grow))
  • Additional Requirements:
    • You are required to fill out a application online, you must have a access to a computer and be able to use it.
    • You are required to pass a extensive background check, where you criminal record, previous employment, traffic violations, and any affiliation you may have had in the past will be checked.
    • (( Must be able to dedicate at least 5 on duty hours a week ))
    • (( Must have a clean admin record for the past 30 days, this is also handled on a case by case basis ))
As we're coming towards the end of the year 2020 at the Department of Corrections there will not be a major press release until after the new year as I will be taking my annual leave at the end of the month for a few weeks so I wish each and every one of you a Merry Christmas and a Happy new year on behalf of the San Andreas Department of Corrections. There will be a "2020 in review" mega press release in January with a compilation of things that happened before I started these press releases. I will end it on this note, expect major changes at the prison from this point on.

Solomon Cobb
Commander of Special Divisions
San Andreas Department of Corrections

[email protected]
[email protected]

Return to “Press Releases”