Sheriff's Newsletter - June 2021

Section for News Releases and Community Outreach.
Argus Sneijder
ECRP Forum Name:

Sheriff's Newsletter - June 2021

Post by Argus Sneijder »

MESSAGE FROM THE SHERIFF

Undersheriff Bobby Kirk
    We're halfways through 2021 and the year couldn't have been any better. We're extremely happy to see the Sheriff's Department steadily grow, and we hope to reach a number of 100 employees in the near future. As a department that continues to grow, our employees are the key to our success, and they are the representatives of what the Sheriff's Department stands for, and thus it's important that we can adequately fill our ranks.

In June, we saw a leadership change in both Internal Affairs and our Sheriff's Information Division; previously, I had led both divisions, however, personal growth is something that I value greatly, thus I appointed Agent Argus Sneijder to become the new Commanding Officer for the Sheriff's Information Division, something which he has been extremely passionate and enthusiastic about. And for Internal Affairs, Captain John Kemp was appointed as the new Commanding Officer. I am confident that both of them will develop their divisions and make great new things happen.

As we move in towards July, we don't expect many changes. The only major change will be to our fleet of vehicles, as the government has confirmed the import of new Sheriff's Scouts, Caracaras, a new and modern tactical response vehicle for our Special Enforcement Detail, and a Sheriff's Interceptor for our Highway Enforcement Division known as the Drafter. We're very eager to see how these new vehicles will aid us in our mission to preserve peace and safety in the county.
    Undersheriff Bobby Kirk

DEPUTY OF THE MONTH

Deputy Sheriff III Victoria Mcjohnson

We are pleased to announce Deputy Sheriff III Victoria Mcjohnson as the Deputy of the Month for the month of June.

Deputy Sheriff III Victoria Mcjohnson has worked for the Los Santos Sheriff's department for just over three months now. Deputy Mcjohnson is an avid member of the field training division since May 24th. We chose Deputy Mcjohnson since she is an example to all other deputies on being professional, polite, and respectful.

This month Deputy Sheriff III Victoria Mcjohnson clocked in just over 80 diligent hours. She is not part of any divisions except for the field training division. With her quick response times and her great attitude, she really shows you make a difference without being in many divisions. The Sheriff's department is proud to have her out in the field.

We are also able to publish a commendation from a member of the public that was written about Deputy Mcjohnson.
    I would like to nominate Deputy Sheriff Victoria McJohnson for commendation for all of the times I have made calls to service at Paul's Farm to which she answered the calls. There were calls ranging from vehicle thefts to violent crimes, sometimes in very dangerous situations, and her dedication to which she continues to pass through and visit the Farm to check on the hard-working farmers. I would not have made it this far had it not been for her dedicated service in keeping me safe during my times at the farm which I still visit from time to time and never disappointing to see her stop by to check on the employees.

The Sheriff's Department wishes Deputy Sheriff III Victoria McJohnson nothing but a long and promising career with the Department, and that she keeps being the excellent example she is to both our deputies and community. On behalf of the Department, Deputy Sheriff III Victoria McJohnson will receive a bonus payment of $1,000.00 (($100,000.00)).

SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT 2 YEAR ANNIVERSARY

• The month of July marks the 2 year anniversary of the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department in its current form. It is impressive to see how far the department has come and changed since its beginning days. To make a trip down memory lane we will give a brief history of the Sheriff's Department.

On July 12th of 2019 the Los Santos City Hall put out a press release introducing the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department and the appointment of Sheriff John Norman to run the operations of it. 1 month and 7 days later on August 19th of 2019 due to an accident John Norman lost his life at just 58 years of age. Due to this Sheriff Samuel Osborn was appointed as Sheriff of the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department. Sheriff Osborn served until November 24th of 2019 when he was asked to join the San Andreas Board of Commissioners. Sheriff Osborn took the position and resigned from the Sheriff's Department. Undersheriff John Wallace took his place as Sheriff on the 24th of November 2019 and has been Sheriff since.

Since the Sheriff's Department was created it has added 2 new divisions, one of them being the Detention and Parole Bureau in April of 2020, this division is aiming to give people a second chance in life and support them on their way to becoming functioning members of society. The second being the Highway Enforcement Detail in July of 2020, this division is the Sheriff's Department version of the Police Departments TED, this division is aiming to uphold the laws of the road and make the county roads and highways a safer place to drive.

In just the 2 years the Sheriff's Department has existed it has saved many lives and put many criminals behind bars. The Sheriff's Department is proud of the work all the deputies, supervisors, command staff, and executive staff have put in to uphold the laws of our great state and look forward on what is to come. They have, together, created a Department that takes its core values and beliefs very seriously and has built a tremendous amount of trust in the communities it serves.

-

DEPUTY SPOTLIGHT

Master Deputy Joe Olson

Master Deputy Joe Olson joined our department back in February whilst still employed with LSEMS as a medic and a surgeon. He joined our department to try and get away from the city, move into a less hectic and, more rural environment. His experience in the army is a real boon to his duties in the special enforcement division. He is also a hard-working member of the recruitment and employment division.

The Sheriff's Information Division reached out to Master Deputy Joe Olson to get a greater insight into him as a person and for the public to get to know him better.
    What is the greatest feeling about being a deputy?
    The satisfaction of seeing justice! Saving the lives of countless minors in the county from the ever reaching influence of gangs. Helping the friendly and kind, family-focused members of our county live their lives peacefully.

Where do you see yourself in the LSSD in 2 months from now?
    In a position that I can commend my colleagues and say "We've done it!", after seeing a quantitative decrease in crime in the county.

What do you like doing outside of work?
    Chasing rabbits with the help of ferrets and taking care of my lovely plants! While off duty I tend to recite the words of the Gospel to the plants. I go to the Church every Sunday, after church, I follow a family tradition.

What is your favorite thing about being a deputy at the LSSD?
    Serving the community of course! Clearing the streets from crime and working in such a fantastic conservative Christian family-oriented environment!
    -
PROMOTIONS

• Image Corporal ► Image Sergeant
    • Colt Smith
    • Noah Carlile
    • Luka Rosselli
    • Garret Groyce
    • Christopher Porter
    Image Master Deputy ► Image Corporal
    • Clay Wilson
    Image Master Deputy ► Image Agent
    • Cliff Derringer
    • Toni Salatoni
    Image Deputy Sheriff III ► Image Master Deputy
    • Harvey Michelson
    • Daniel Collin
    • Joe Olson
    Image Deputy Sheriff II ► Image Deputy Sheriff III
    • Huw Parry
    • Umbra Smith
    • Victoria McJohnson
    • Ian Walter
    • Charlie Wilkinson
    Image Deputy Sheriff I ► Image Deputy Sheriff II
    • Miguel Cruz
    • John Rowntree
    • Elysia Smith
    • Steven Lee
    Image Deputy Sheriff Trainee ►Image Deputy Sheriff I
    • John McArthur
    • Sung Jinwoo
    • Dante Archer
    • Ryan O'sullivan
    • Ciara O'Neil
    • Darya Demiaow
    • Seo Syntac
    • Arthur Valentine

-

MONTHLY STATISTICS

NEW COMMANDING OFFICER OF THE SHERIFF'S INFORMATION DIVISION

Agent Argus Sneijder

Saturday the 26th of June, Assistant Sheriff Kirk appointed me, Agent Argus Sneijder as the CO of the Sheriff's Information Division. I would like to take a moment to look forward into the future and back into the past. Ever since the division was founded it was lead by Assistant Sheriff Kirk. I would like to take a moment to thank him both for the opportunity but also for laying the foundation I use for further development of the division. It is also important to thank the Sherrif for how involved he was with the work of the division.

The division intends to grow but currently has three members: Staff Sergeant Tyrone Balakay, Master Deputy Colt Daniels, and Agent Argus Sneijder. We aim to increase transparency, provide regular updates, promote community engagement and be informative. Currently, we are quite busy working with relations of outside (sister) departments. I am proud to say we have several projects going on that are all quite promising. Unfortunately, we are not yet ready to reveal them but look forward to our upcoming updates.

There are some changes I can publicly announce. Our regular readers might have noticed that we did not spotlight a division. We have highlighted most of our divisions already in the past. Hence we are currently looking to replace this with another section. There have also not recently been any (public) events hosted by the Sherrif's Department and we are aiming to have one. We are also looking into ways to boost public/community engagement and are always happy to see commendations.

Agent Argus Sneijder

-
CLOSING MESSAGE

• Thank you for reading this newsletter. The Sheriff's Information Division is proud of being able to deliver this information to you, as we believe that transparency is the key to success. We want to congratulate Agent Argus Sneijder on his appointment and look forward to what has in store for the division. We are confident that he'll keep developing the division to become better than it is today.

We would like to take this opportunity to remind you that you can find the Los County Sheriff's Department on LifeInvader. We plan to publish a wide variety of releases on our LifeInvader page, as we believe that being transparent is the best way of connecting with our communities. So if you want to keep up with the department, make sure that you press that 'Like' button to receive updates each time we publish something.
CONTACT INFORMATION

Return to “News Room”