Sheriff's Newsletter - April 2021

Section for News Releases and Community Outreach.
Bobby Kirk
Sheriff
ECRP Forum Name:

LSSD Awards

Sheriff's Newsletter - April 2021

Post by Bobby Kirk »

MESSAGE FROM THE SHERIFF

Undersheriff Bobby Kirk
    Within the past month, the Sheriff's Department has increased its employee count by nearly 25 new Deputy Sheriff Trainees in addition to reinstatements and transfers. While the monthly statistics will only showcase 15, this is because our latest academy was held just this Saturday, on May 1st, 2021, and will be counted into our May newsletter. This is an extraordinary accomplishment for our department as we are slowly expanding our workforce in order to accomplish our goal of preserving the peace around our communities. I'm extremely proud of our Recruitment and Employment Division for their endless effort in maintaining our recruitment process and vetting new applicants before they take on the Sheriff's Academy in great numbers, their diligent work effort has not gone unnoticed.

I would also like to congratulate Captain Jason Wild and Captain Jon McCornish on their recent promotions and welcome them to the Sheriff's Command Staff team. Captain Jason Wild in addition to succeeding Captain John Kemp as the Commanding Officer of the Detention and Parole Bureau, has also been assigned as the Area Commander for our North Patrol Area. Captain Jon McCornish in addition to being the Commanding Officer of our Special Enforcement Detail, has been assigned as the Area Commander for our South Patrol Area. I'm grateful to have these two like-minded and community-driven individuals to be a part of our Command Staff.

As we move into May the Sheriff's Department's Executive Staff is currently reviewing the current department structure and intends on making a few internal changes in terms of position titles and position assignments. We don't expect our internal changes to affect the public in any shape or form.

I look forward to another month with the Sheriff's Department.
    Undersheriff Bobby Kirk

DEPUTY OF THE MONTH

Deputy Sheriff III Toni Salatoni

For the month of April, we are proud to announce Deputy Sheriff III Toni Salatoni as the Deputy of the Month.

Deputy Sheriff III Toni Salatoni, has been with the Los Santos Sheriff's Department for 4 months total. Deputy Salatoni is an active member of many divisions, including the Detention and Parole Bureau, Air Support, Recruitment and Employment, and the Field Training Division.

In January, Deputy Salatoni completed and passed his training sessions with admirable effort, becoming a Deputy Sheriff I within the Sheriff's Department. So far he has done near impeccable work and has proved to be an asset to our day-to-day operations. Deputy Salatoni continually stands out as a stellar example for all other Deputy’s.

Deputy Salatoni has proven to be quite an asset. Clocking in a total of 79.18 hours during the month of April. He has also recently joined the Detention and Parole Bureau, where he continually meets with those who want to reform into fully functioning citizens of San Andreas. He is also a member of the Air Support Division, currently at the rank of First Pilot, quickly climbing up the ranks. He is always providing excellent callouts and air surveillance, making great use of his time while in the sky.

The Sheriff's Department wishes Deputy Sheriff III Salatoni nothing but success and a long career with the Department, as well as to continue striving on the same path; putting in the highest amount of continued effort. On behalf of the Department, Deputy Sheriff III Toni Salatoni will receive a bonus payment of $1,000.00 (($100,000.00)).
COMMEND A DEPUTY

• Following the initiative of Master Deputy Argus Sneijder, the Sheriff's Department now offers and encourages the public to be more directly involved in the progression of our deputies. Our Internal Affairs Division has since its creation only offered the ability to file complaints about misconduct from our deputies. While it's of utmost importance that we can uncover misconduct and solve it, we also feel that it's important to hear when a deputy performs well.

A Sheriff's Deputy progression is based on experience and work ethic, and all of our supervisors monitor deputies on a daily basis in the field to ensure that they are developing positively as Sheriff's Deputies and provides them with guidance and feedback where possible. However, with our department growing at a rapid pace, it's near impossible for our supervisors to monitor each and every deputy all the time. This is where the public comes into play; we now offer the ability to submit commendations directly through our website. These commendations are sent to our supervisors for review before they are eventually attached to the employee's personnel file.

A commendation can have a great impact on a deputy's career, as it can highlight positive aspects that may otherwise have gone unnoticed, so we once again encourage the public to utilize this system when you have positive interactions with any of our Sheriff's Deputies.

EMPLOYEE COMMENDATIONS FORM

UPGRADED TRAFFIC EQUIPMENT

• The Sheriff's Department is proud to announce that we have recently introduced new and upgraded equipment for our Highway Enforcement Traffic Deputies. Our older version of the spike strip stopped functioning shortly after its deployment, and we were unable to replace them due to budget concerns.

It's statistically proven that pursuits and pursuit intervention techniques became more dangerous throughout the months and in order to avoid unnecessarily risking lives and property damage, we had to come up with a contingency plan. With these spike strips, deputies will be able to avoid attempting to perform Pursuit Intervention Techniques (PITs) and instead resort to utilizing proactive thinking to put an end to pursuits. This will minimize the risks for everyone involved including third parties.

Our Traffic Deputies undergo weeks of training in order to qualify for the deployment of spike strips, and we're confident that spike strips will become the norm to stop all types of vehicles.

-

DEPUTY SPOTLIGHT

Assistant Sheriff Pierce Hardy
    Assistant Sheriff Pierce Hardy is an extremely hard-working man who has dedicated his entire adulthood to Law Enforcement. In the Sheriff's Department, he has been responsible for the creation of vital areas such as the Detention and Parole Bureau, one could say that Assistant Sheriff Hardy with his professionalism and people skills, is the face of the department in the light of the public.

The Sheriff's Information Division reached out to Assistant Sheriff Hardy to get a greater insight into him as a person and for the public to get to know him better.

When did you first join the Sheriff's Department and what drove you to do so?
    I joined the department as a Sergeant in December 2019 after being persuaded by Sheriff Wallace. Over several hours of smoking meat, grilling sausages, and sinking several beers, I realized what matters the most in life is spending time with those that can appreciate your qualities and make you happy. As such, I left my fourth (now ex) wife and found myself back in San Andreas.

Outside of work, what are your interests? Any hobbies?
    Besides my work I enjoy tending to my bonsai tree, going to my Uncles Dojo, and moderate levels of exercise (mainly jogging around Paleto). I partake in online meditation sessions with a lovely therapist called Tasmin. Tasmin shows me what to stretch, where to touch, and just makes my time off work so, so relaxing. All for a small fee of $150 per month.

What is the greatest feeling about being a Sheriff's Deputy?
    I presume you are asking me about being an Assistant Sheriff. I suppose the greatest feeling is being able to make a positive impact: whatever that may be. I love being able to help the great citizens of our County and guide them however is required.

What is your aspiration for the future in the department?
    I plan to increase our levels of female deputies by around a 25% ratio. I believe female deputies bring just the right assets to help our very stressful work and make for great team players. I also hope to bring our IA response times down by a good chunk by implementing a new response system.

What is the greatest challenge that you feel the Sheriff's Department faces currently?
    Woke culture opposing our County's traditional Christian Values and the internet facilities available at our stations. Currently being out in the County, the Government has not given us enough funding in order to address this critical issue. It currently takes me 3 hours to download online videos even when they are just short clips. Not acceptable. I urge the Commissioners to look at this problem again and reconsider their stance.

As an Assistant Sheriff of the department, is there anything that you would like to say to the public?
    Yes. If you run, you’ll only go to jail tired. Cooperate with us and we will work with you. Our Department is always there for you around the clock in your times of need. We thank all the County folk for their support and will continue to support you just the same.

-

PROMOTIONS

• Image Lieutenant ► Image Captain
    • Jason Wild (Included in May Newsletter statistics)
    • Jon McCornish (Included in May Newsletter statistics)
    Image Staff Sergeant ►Image Lieutenant
    • Nica Dumitru
    Image Deputy Sheriff III ► Image Master Deputy
    • Itsuki Ito
    • Elian Ramos
    • Aidan Woods
    Image Deputy Sheriff II ► Image Deputy Sheriff III
    • Toni Salatoni
    • Clay Wilson
    • Daniel Collin (Reinstatement)
    Image Deputy Sheriff I ► Image Deputy Sheriff II
    • Stephany Reeder
      Joe Olson
      Cole Brett (Transfer)
    Image Deputy Sheriff Trainee ►Image Deputy Sheriff I
    • Loukianos Galanis
    • Huw Parry
    • Ian Walter
    • Umbra Smith
    • Amelia Clark (Transfer)
    • Kent Bardoue (Reinstatement)
    • Kai Karson
    • Marshall Rias
    • Michael Fontana
    • Viktor Walker
    • Aurora Shinigami
    • Charlie Wilkinson (Reinstatement)

-

MONTHLY STATISTICS

DIVISION SPOTLIGHT

["The mission of the advanced training division is to provide a high level of onward training to those deputies that have graduated the field training program. The Division aims to identify room for improvement in field operations to then develop and lead programs that benefit the department's overall skill set."] says Sergeant Matthew Handley, the new Commanding Officer of the Advanced Training Division, who is succeeding Captain Kitiara Romanov after her resignation earlier last month.

The Advanced Training Division is responsible to maintain a level of experience and knowledge among all of our Sheriff's Deputies across all ranks. They offer many qualifications and certifications that deputies are able to take as they progress through the department, most notable, our High-Speed Certifications for both motorcycle and car.

As a training division, much like the Field Training Division and Recruitment and Employment, the Advanced Training Division acts as the pillar for the department and ensures that our employees are capable of giving the utmost professional public service to communities around Los Santos County. ["The Advanced training division is important to the department because it ensured that all our deputies are up to the standard. It provides a constant source of re-training and education allow us to do our jobs to the best standard possible. Not only does the division provide deputies with access to higher tier equipment but it instructs them on how to use them and ensures they are capable of doing so before hitting the streets.

From a public point of view, the division ensures the service deputies provide is the best it possibly can be by training deputies to do their job. Feedback from the public will always be valued in this division and will be taken into account when designing new programs."] says Sergeant Handley.

This would not be possible without the instructors of the Advanced Training Division, all of whom Sergeant Handley praises greatly. He also recognizes the need for more instructors as due to the department growing, the ability to keep up with training and certifications is being stressful. The division currently sits with a total of 10 instructors, all of who are tasked with reviewing applications for advanced training courses that allow deputies to deploy more advanced equipment such as firearms and vehicles. Instructors are also tasked with taking responsibility for running their own department-wide training sessions and ensuring attendance of deputies.

Sergeant Handley only being in the position for a short period has already established goals for the future of the division, he says,
    Sergeant Matthew Handley
    ["First of all I want to develop some more programs and make changes to those currently in place. I feel whereas what's in place is good for what it is. The division and the field operations it supports need bringing up to date. Furthermore, I need to bring further instructors into the department. For a good few months now there has been a serious lack of instructors making it increasingly hard for deputies to get the training they require."].

He also wants to assure the public and the department that there are some exciting times ahead for the Advanced Training Division, and he hope to find an Assistant Commanding Officer in the near future to help him with various tasks and implementations.

-
CLOSING MESSAGE

• In conclusion, we would like to thank you for reading this month's newsletter. The Sheriff's Information Division puts lots of time and dedication into making the newsletter amazing for all to read. For the month of May, we plan to continue to increase the success of the department, with one of those ways is this newsletter. We hope that you enjoyed reading it as much as we enjoyed creating it, and don't forget that we are always on call if you need help!

We would also like to take this opportunity to remind you that you can find the Los County Sheriff's Department on LifeInvader. We plan to publish a wide variety of releases on our LifeInvader page, as we believe that being transparent is the best way of connecting with our communities. So if you want to keep up with the department, make sure that you press that 'Like' button to receive updates each time we publish something.

Sergeant Tyrone Balakay
    Sheriff's Information Division, Features Creator.

CONTACT INFORMATION

Undersheriff Bobby Kirk
    (909) 596-1688 — [email protected]

Sheriff's Information Division
    Los Santos County Sheriff's Department
    Procopio Promenade 1, Paleto Bay
    Los Santos, SA, 909
Sheriff Bobby Kirk

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Return to “News Room”