Sheriff's Newsletter - January 2021

Section for News Releases and Community Outreach.
Bobby Kirk
Sheriff
ECRP Forum Name:

LSSD Awards

Sheriff's Newsletter - January 2021

Post by Bobby Kirk »

MESSAGE FROM THE SHERIFF

Undersheriff Bobby Kirk
    We're only through the first month of 2021 and it's looking better than ever for the future of Law Enforcement, as well as for the people of San Andreas. In January alone, we've seen great progress from all sides of the spectrum, the San Andreas State Government has aggressively progressed their implementation of the Judicial Branch, meaning that the Sheriff's Department will have to adapt for the better, accountability and responsibility will matter more now than ever. We see this as a great change, not only because it will ensure that we'll provide an even better top-quality public service, but also a great chance for the people who will feel more represented than ever.

We'd also like to congratulate our colleagues in the city for the grand opening of their newly renovated Mission Row Precinct - the Sheriff's Department has visited the precinct in person and we couldn't be more jealous. We're extremely glad that the Police Department has received the support that they need from the government.

This is a year where the Sheriff's Department's leadership feel that we can focus on county development together with the government, crime rates in the county has been at an all-time low, and because of this, we feel that it's time to start attracting visitors and new residents back to the county, an area that consists of great landscape, great rivers and great opportunities for retreats and other activities. It's very unfortunate that highway bandits have put such a dent in the frequent civilian life, but we're glad that we've been able to efficiently tackle this issue.

Let's hope that February treats us just as well.
    Undersheriff Bobby Kirk

DEPUTY OF THE MONTH

Deputy Sheriff III Garret Groyce
    For the month of January, we are proud to announce Deputy Sheriff III Garret Groyce as the Deputy of the Month

Deputy Sheriff III Groyce graduated from the Sheriff's Academy on October 30th, 2020. He has shown admirable work and effort since he joined the department. He recently joined the Air support division and he has been doing an impeccable job that helps us in our everyday duties, he is also a part of the Special enforcement division, Field training division, and the Highway Enforcement division.

Deputy Groyce passed his field training evaluation without any problems. Through his admirable work ethic which he has shown since the beginning, as well as his amazing effort and contribution, he advanced through the ranks of the Sheriff's Department, proving that he is a valuable asset to the department, eventually reaching his recent promotion as a Deputy Sheriff III. He's actively operating in the field, being fast in responses, and cool-headed in situations, he is also a reliable asset that we are proud to have him as a part of our department.

Groyce has shown us nothing but consistency and passion in everything he does. He has logged an impressive 130 duty hours over the last month. As a member of our Field Training division, he is constantly willing to improve deputies around him. He is also always willing to help even in the most complicated situations with his great demeanor and calm manner.

On behalf of the Department, Deputy Sheriff III Garret Groyce will receive a bonus payment of $1,000.00 (($100,000.00)).

STORY OF THE MONTH
  • Throughout January, the Sheriff's Department has run a seat belt awareness campaign inspired by one of our own deputies, Deputy Sheriff II Argus Sneijder. We believe that seat belts are the best proactive approach to reduce the likelihood of death or serious injury in a traffic collision.

The three-point seat belt was invented in 1959 and installed in most everyday cars. Previously, only pilots, racers, and other professional drivers had the luxury of safety in their confined space using a harness. Despite existing for 62 years, many people today don't know the functionality of a seat belt, neither do they use them - and because of this, we see a great number of injuries and deaths caused in traffic on our county roads, every year.

Our goal with this awareness campaign was to involve the public as much as possible because no message is better sent than through our constituents. And to do this, we hosted a competition where we asked for the public to partake and color a seat belt awareness pamphlet. To our surprise, we quickly received 22 entries of colorful and imaginative pamphlets from all types of people. The turn-out was great, and we're happy that our seat belt awareness campaign was so successful.

The Sheriff's Department's Supervisory Staff team sat down yesterday and reviewed all of the entries forwarded to them by the Sheriff's Information Division. To make the voting process as impartial as possible, no names were attached to a pamphlet, and their votes purely reflected on the quality of the pamphlet remake. With this being said, the Sheriff's Department would like to congratulate Joseph Crowny and Carmella Lombardi for submitting their pamphlets and earning first place and second place. See their pamphlets below.
    1st Place
    2nd Place
    For the winners, please contact the Sheriff's Information Division or a member of the Sheriff's Executive Staff for your prize. We will also be making attempts throughout the week to contact you. For those who did not make it, we appreciate your tremendous effort and participation in this road safety campaign. See below for all the other entries:
    All Entries
    Image 1
    Image 2
    Image 3
    Image 4
    Image 5
    Image 6
    Image 7
    Image 9
    Image 10
    Image 11
    Image 12
    Image 13
    Image 14
    Image 15
    Image 17
    Image 18
    Image 19
    Image 20
    Image 22
    The Sheriff's Department will continue advocating for seat belts and we will push for seat belt legislation.

-

DEPUTY SPOTLIGHT

Master Deputy Cliff Derringer
    Master Deputy Cliff Derringer graduated from the Sheriff's Academy on the 31st of July, 2020.

Throughout his career with the Department, he has shown extraordinary effort in the field ranging from his impeccable paperwork to his job in policing the community directly in the field. Through this effort and hard work, Master Deputy Derringer quickly rose through the ranks - being promoted to Master Deputy on the 12th of January, 2021.

Master Deputy Derringer is being spotlighted for his immense effort in January, the Sheriff's Information Division has reached out to him with some questions.
    What is your favorite thing about being a deputy at the LSSD?
    My favorite thing about being a deputy in the LSSD is the sense of community and companionship that it brings to my life. I feel a close bond to my fellow officers and to the law-abiding citizens of Blaine County.

What is your most memorable moment while serving as a deputy for the LSSD?
    My most memorable moment while serving in the LSSD has been training the bright, young men and women of the future generations of the Sheriff's Department. The trainee's we bring through is the future of the department, and to be able to help them succeed and strive towards a brighter future and stable career fills me with pride and determination.

Why did you become a deputy for the LSSD?
    I became a Sheriff's Deputy to mark my official return from retirement. Before I was in the LSSD I was a Texas Ranger for 20 years, serving out of Garland, Texas. In my retirement I reflected on the time I had spent in the agency and the countless individuals I had helped during that time. I decided it was time to get back to serving the people, and it was actually my two daughters who had suggested I come to seek out a career in San Andreas. It's my duty and my prime focus to serve the people, which is all I strive to do in the LSSD.

What is the greatest feeling about being a deputy?
    The greatest feeling about being in the LSSD is the pride and joy I feel in serving and protecting the populace of Blaine County. The people of the county enjoy a wide-open country life, quiet, simple, and easy-going. They want a life of peace, of contentment. To be able to deliver and maintain that peace of mind to them is by far the greatest feeling any Sheriff's Deputy can ever hope to achieve.

Where do you see yourself in the LSSD in 2 months from now?
    In 2 months, I see myself being promoted to the rank of Agent and continuing to give the incarcerated a second chance in attempts to get them into the Parole program and to steer them towards a better path to a better life.

What do you like doing outside of work?
    In my offtime, I enjoy taking casual walks around Paleto Bay and fishing. If not that, it's spent cleaning or washing my truck, watching TV, or checking in on my family back east in Texas and catching up with them.
    -

The Sheriff's Department wishes Master Deputy Derringer a continued prosperous career, and that he achieves his goal of becoming an Agent for the Detention and Parole Bureau.

PROMOTIONS

• Image Staff Sergeant ►Image Lieutenant
    • Jon McCornish
    Image Corporal ► Image Sergeant
    • Matthew Handley
    Image Master Deputy ► Image Corporal
    • Tom Banks
    Image Master Deputy ► Image Agent
    • Fillmoore Grayson
    • Colt Daniels (Reinstatement)
    Image Deputy Sheriff III ► Image Master Deputy
    • Cliff Derringer
    Image Deputy Sheriff II ► Image Deputy Sheriff III
    • Garret Groyce
    • Luka Rosselli
    • Elian Ramos
    • Noah Carlile
    Image Deputy Sheriff I ► Image Deputy Sheriff II
    • Aidan Woods
    • Kasey Lovejoy
    • Argus Sneijder
    • Tim Sanderton
    Image Deputy Sheriff Trainee ►Image Deputy Sheriff I
    • Maccy Kentoworth
    • Seth Cincaid
    • Stefano Pilati
    • Toni Salatoni
    • Matthew Burns

-

MONTHLY STATISTICS

DIVISION SPOTLIGHT

In the last Newsletter, we spotlighted our Field Training Division. However, the Field Training Division as it appears is not the sole backbone of the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department, it's a reactive division and works in the footsteps of our Recruitment and Employment Division, which primary mission is to recruit and train new Deputy Sheriff Trainees who will then receive further and more advanced internal training and evaluation.

The mission of the Recruitment and Employment Division is to through conventional means, find new prospects to become Deputy Sheriff Trainees, and then provide the best possible basic training for them. Due to the professional process of elimination that our Recruitment and Employment Division employs, the Sheriff's Department can ensure that only the absolute best is sworn in to become Deputy Sheriff Trainees.

Our Recruitment and Employment Division is currently led by Commander Robert Jeys, who after transferring to the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department on the 9th of May, 2020, took over the helm of the division from its predecessor.

With its 9 members, the Recruitment and Employment Division intends to continue its strive for further improvements and expansion. Commander Jeys hopes that employees of the Department understand that a career with the Recruitment and Employment Division can further benefit their career in the Sheriff's Department overall, opening the doors for potential promotions. But regardless, Commander Jeys says that he has no doubts about the efficiency of the division due to its core consisting of hard-working men and women, and whether the division consists of 9 or 5 members, it'll aim to get the job done.

Commander Jeys hopes that with a potential expansion of members, that the Sheriff's Department will be able to keep its doors open for new Deputy Sheriff Trainee prospects more frequently, as it stands right now - the recruitment of new trainees opens up nearly once a month, with the exception of January.

To further highlight the division's efficiency and that the rigorous process of becoming a Deputy Sheriff Trainee works, Commander Jeys has provided the Sheriff's Information Division with approximate statistics for 2020.
    Commander Robert Jeys
    • Accepted Applications (Graduated): 179
    • Denied Applications: 560
    This means that approximately 39% of those who applied in 2020 passed the entire process and graduated to become Deputy Sheriff Trainees. Commander Jeys do not wish to discourage new prospects from applying in our next Recruitment Drive, however, he wants to point out that the process is rigorous but rewarding in the end.

For those who are interested in reading about our selection requirements and/or recruitment information, you can find that all on our website under Job Oppurtunities. Our Recruitment is expected to open soon, so it's our recommendation that you start working on your applications and save them for when you can submit.

-
CLOSING MESSAGE

• Thank you for reading this newsletter. The Sheriff's Information Division is proud of being able to deliver this information to you, as we believe that transparency is the key to success. With recent internal changes to paperwork, we hope to be able to document more of our work in the field and push out great numbers to demonstrate the efficiency of the department and our employees. We foresee 2021 to be the best year for the Sheriff's Department, and we're extremely proud to be able to share this with you.

We would like to take this opportunity to remind you that you can find the Los County Sheriff's Department on LifeInvader. We plan to publish a wide variety of releases on our LifeInvader page, as we believe that being transparent is the best way of connecting with our communities. So if you want to keep up with the department, make sure that you press that 'Like' button to receive updates each time we publish something.
CONTACT INFORMATION

Undersheriff Bobby Kirk
    (909) 596-1688 — [email protected]

Sheriff's Information Division
    Los Santos County Sheriff's Department
    Procopio Promenade 1, Paleto Bay
    Los Santos, SA, 909
Sheriff Bobby Kirk

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Return to “News Room”