Sheriff's Newsletter - November 2020

Section for News Releases and Community Outreach.
Bobby Kirk
Sheriff
ECRP Forum Name:

LSSD Awards

Sheriff's Newsletter - November 2020

Post by Bobby Kirk »

MESSAGE FROM THE SHERIFF

November has been relatively quiet for the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department, much like the county of Los Santos itself.

This month, we saw an increase in resignations which worried department leadership that we'd eventually not be able to effectively provide a service in the county - however, thanks to the impeccable work from our Recruitment and Employment Division, we also saw one of our biggest academies at the end of the month that brought us, 16 new trainees, into the department. While this number does not cover those who resigned, it still keeps our employee count balanced and we are no longer worried.

The department also held its first successful community event in November, the Los Santos County Triathlon. This event was a trial for the department to see whether future events would be beneficial for the sake of strengthening community relations, and we can now say with a certainty that it did - and thus our Sheriff's Information Division has already begun to plan our next community event.

The Sheriff's Department believes so strongly in strengthening our relationships with the community and make our deputies more approachable, and that's why for the month of December, we have allowed our employees to wear festive hats on-duty to spread joy and happiness to the residents and visitors of the Los Santos County.

With the festive season just around the corner, we've also been struck by assumingly a long and persistent snow weather. We'd like to take this opportunity to remind you all to drive safely in the county and to take care of your fellow motorists - in the event of an accident, help may not be able to reach you in time due to the weather.

Seeing as this will be the last newsletter for 2020, we'd like to wish you all Happy Holidays and a Happy New Year! Let's hope that the next year brings us more joy and happiness.

DEPUTY OF THE MONTH

For the month of November, we are proud to announce Deputy Sheriff III Fitz Keegan as the Deputy of the Month.

Deputy Sheriff III, Fitz Keegan, is a four-month veteran in the Los Santos Sheriff's Department. Deputy Keegan finished his academy on July 22nd, 2020, and has shown an admirable work ethic ever since he first received the badge. He is part of the Detention & Parole Bureau and Highway Enforcement Division and working towards becoming an Agent in the Detention & Parole Bureau.

Deputy Keegan passed his Field Training Program on his first attempt, proving to be capable and knowledgeable with the Department’s protocols and procedures. Deputy Keegan slowly but surely advanced in our Department, eventually reaching the rank of Deputy Sheriff III and joining the Detention & Parole Bureau as well as continuing his hard work within the Field Training Division.

Deputy Keegan has proven to be a great asset to the department. He is actively working in the field, being quick in responses, and cool-headed in stressful situations. The courage, determination, and passion that Keegan had when he joined this department are still there. And we are all proud to have him wearing our badge and representing our department in the public. Fitz Keegan has nothing but a bright future in his Law Enforcement Career.

The Sheriff's Department wishes Deputy Sheriff III Keegan nothing but a continually developing and promising career with the Department, and that he remains faithful to his commitments to provide a traditional and excellent service to the community. On behalf of the Department, Deputy Sheriff III Fitz Keegan will receive a bonus payment of $1,000.00 (($100,000.00)).

STORY OF THE MONTH

• This month the Sheriff's Information Division would like to direct your attention to a news release published on November 26th, 2020. Reiterating from the news release;
    On November 25, 2020, around 8:20 p.m., deputies from the Highway Enforcement Division noticed a gray Warner driving recklessly near Paul's Farm, breaking several road laws, resulting in a charge of VM03 Reckless Operation of a Road or Marine Vehicle. A vehicle stop was initiated, where there were four individuals inside the Warner. The driver was then asked to step out of the vehicle as he was being charged with Reckless Operation of a Road or Marine Vehicle.

The driver of the Warner didn't respond to deputies commands and stalled the vehicle stop. Eventually, all four suspects stepped out of the vehicles with heavy weapons, holding the deputies at gunpoint. Being outnumbered and outgunned, deputies submitted to the suspects, where the suspects then stole the police cruiser and took off from the scene, leaving the two deputies abandoned at the traffic stop.

A near-by Sheriff's Air Support Division helicopter saw what happened and established a Tactical Communication Channel between the other deputies, providing crucial information to the ground units, who were in pursuit of the stolen Sheriff's cruiser. The pursuit itself lasted around 15 minutes, where the driver of the stolen cruiser stalled the vehicle by causing an accident against an unbuilt wind turbine at the Los Santos County power station.

All four suspects then jumped out of the vehicle and opened fire at the pursuing deputies. Deputies returned fire and took all suspects down, eliminating the direct threat to their lives. Thanks to the fast response by the Los Santos Emergency Medical Services, three suspects were treated on scene and transported to the hospital, where they were then charged. Unfortunately, one of the suspects who was shot succumbed to his injuries and passed away on the scene.
    -
    This situation in particular, was very special to the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department. One of the suspects that were arrested on the scene, was none other than the dishonorably discharged Sheriff's Deputy, Hsan Jabar. Unfortunately, not everyone will have a prosperous and successful career in the department, but very rarely do our discharged deputies turn to violent crime. The Sheriff's Information Division previously featured Mr. Jabar in our deputy spotlight - back then, it seemed like he had plans for a long-lasting career - however, odds were not in his favor.

-

DEPUTY SPOTLIGHT

Deputy Sheriff III Dante Raven transferred to the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department on November 4th, 2020. He previously served in the Los Santos Police Department as a Police Officer III, where he was a member of the Special Weapons and Tactics Division.

Deputy Sheriff III Dante Raven has shown that his dedication and work ethic is impeccable, and due to his contribution to the department this month, the Sheriff's Information Division has chosen him as our Deputy Spotlight piece on this month's newsletter.

The Sheriff's Information Division contacted Deputy Raven to get greater insight into him as a person;

Why did you join the LSSD?
    I have had my own personal reasons to transfer, but all I can say is that I was hoping for new chances and opportunities and I have successfully found the change I was hoping to get as I spent more time within the Department.
    -

What is your favorite thing about being a deputy at the LSSD?
    My favorite thing about being a Deputy at the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department is that I can feel more involved in maintaining the Department's public image and standards as the amount of effort and time I invest, always proves to be worth it as changes are made. I still see tons of unexplored chances ahead of me in the Department and I'm willing to take the risk and pour all of my time and effort into achieving them and making them a reality.
    -

What is your most memorable moment while serving as a deputy for the LSSD?
    My most memorable moment is when Lieutenant Kitiara Romanov decided to appoint me as a Head Instructor for the Advanced Training Division, and how with co-operation and teamwork we managed to boost the Division to a whole new level, and hopefully more bright and exciting ideas are still ahead of us.
    -

What is the greatest feeling about being a deputy?
    I would say the greatest feeling I have as a Deputy is when I see that I have made a positive change in someone's life. Either that be I instructed a Trainee on their Training Program, or training and certifying Deputies, saving lives as an Operator, recruiting and interviewing potential candidates to join the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department, solve crimes, and maintain order and law. Basically every positive little change I do to anyone's life assures me that I have chosen the correct path to excel in.
    -

Where do you see yourself in the LSSD in 2 months from now?
    If all goes well within the next 2 months I hopefully see myself as a Supervisor with more responsibilities, tasks, and hopefully, more chances for me to aid my colleagues and represent the Department.
    -

What do you like doing outside of work?
    When I'm not on shift, I like to go hang around with my friends and ride my bike. I have recently joined the Los Santos Motorcycle Club, it's a friendly club for riding and meeting up.
    -

PROMOTIONS

• Image Field Agent ► Image Senior Agent
    • Jason Wild
    Image Master Deputy ► Image Corporal
    • Matthew Handley
    Image Master Deputy ► Image Agent
    • Colt Daniels
    Image Deputy Sheriff III ► Image Master Deputy
    • Felix Noonham (Transfer)
    • Tom Banks
    • Soap Montasser
    • Fillmoore Grayson
    Image Deputy Sheriff II ► Image Deputy Sheriff III
    • Dante Raven (Transfer)
    • Nathan Normandy (Transfer)
    • Colt Smith (Transfer)
    • Oliver Bennett (Reinstatement)
    • Fitz Keegan
    • Cliff Derringer
    Image Deputy Sheriff I ► Image Deputy Sheriff II
    • Cattleya Townsend
    • Madison Hall
    • Kent Bardoue
    • Jim Daniel
    Image Deputy Sheriff Trainee ►Image Deputy Sheriff I
    • Ian Winters (Reinstatement)
    • Kane Charlson
    • Garret Groyce
    • Dean Maddox
    • Luka Rosselli (Reinstatement)
    • Vivianna Rovigatti
    • Clay Wilson
    • Jaehyun Kim

-

MONTHLY STATISTICS

DIVISION SPOTLIGHT

"The purpose of the Advanced Training Division is to provide proper training drills and sessions to the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department so that they may always be up-to-date with new equipment, certifications, and tactics to assist them and ensure they are well aware of how to counter daily obstacles in their patrol."

The Advanced Training Division is Commanded by Lieutenant Kitiara Romanov. The Advanced Training Division sees themselves as the pillar that holds the Department up high by maintaining the Deputy’s skills and adding to their experience. One of the major tasks of the Division is to certify Deputies for Heavy Firearms such as the Carbine rifles, Pump Shotguns, and Submachine Guns, as well as specialized vehicles for multiple purposes like the Heavy Intercepting Unit, the High-Speed Intercepting Unit, the High-Speed Motorcycle Unit. We also tend to focus on group training sessions such as Pursuit training and Felony Stop training.

["The mission of our Division is to ensure that each and every Deputy in the Department receives pristine and proper training for equipment and vehicles to use in specific situations."] says Romanov.

The Division currently consists of 11 members, 2 of which hold a Command Position. The division has seen a rather large increase of Instructors in recent times, gaining 5 members and promoting the new Head Instructor Dante Raven. Applications and Certifications within A.T.D are being processed and trained quickly and efficiently. Even a new handbook was written for the division to strengthen its foundation. Thanks to the new training manuals, everything is straight-forward and to the point for our Instructors to ensure all Deputies get the proper training they need to become successful in the field. "[We've got a lot more planned for the Advanced Training Division and I can't wait to finally get it kick-started!]" Says Romanov.

When the Sheriff's Information Division inquired about future goals for the division, Lieutenant Romanov shared with us the following:
    "[The Advanced Training Division Command has agreed on hosting a meeting for the division members so that any concerns, suggestions, or comments can properly get discussed and we can get feedback and input from our members, as we believe that communication is the key to success. The Advanced Training Division will also be implementing several changes to certifications as well as introduce more advanced training drills to prepare our Deputies to face various situations and scenarios head-on with knowledge and preparation. Sadly, we can not disclose any information regarding the implementations, but we do promise a very exciting and bright future for the division.]".
    Over the last month, the Advanced Training Division has boosted its activity in the department. They've handled 13 applications for vehicles and firearms certifications, hosted 12 practical sessions for said applications, and also hosted 5 general training sessions for deputies which consists of pursuit and felony stop training.

Lieutenant Romanov is confident in her staff and their ability together to bring the division towards a bright future. The Advanced Training Division is vital to the department's mission, and to ensure that deputies receive constant training after their initial period in the Field Training Program.

-
CLOSING MESSAGE

• The Sheriff's Information Division works hard to improve the general transparency between the Sheriff's Department and the public. We have plans on opening up a community letterbox in which the community can send in concerns, suggestions, and questions directly to the Sheriff's Department and have them answered by the Sheriff's Department. This system will hopefully be in place by the end of 2020.

We would like to take this opportunity to remind you that you can find the Los County Sheriff's Department on LifeInvader. We plan to publish a wide variety of releases on our LifeInvader page, as we believe that being transparent is the best way of connecting with our communities. So if you want to keep up with the department, make sure that you press that 'Like' button to receive updates each time we publish something.
CONTACT INFORMATION

Undersheriff Bobby Kirk
    (909) 596-1688 — [email protected]

Sheriff's Information Division
    Los Santos County Sheriff's Department
    Procopio Promenade 1, Paleto Bay
    Los Santos, SA, 909
Sheriff Bobby Kirk

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Return to “News Room”