Sheriff's Newsletter - September 2020

Section for News Releases and Community Outreach.
Bobby Kirk
Sheriff
ECRP Forum Name:

LSSD Awards

Sheriff's Newsletter - September 2020

Post by Bobby Kirk »

Another month that has gone by, 2020 is moving at a blistering pace and we're soon near the month of festivity. However, we cannot say the same about the Sheriff's Department this month. This month has been fairly quiet on all fronts but we would like to thank each and every one of you sticking with us through these times. The department has solely focused on revising and improving policies and procedures, those who were interested in becoming a Sheriff's Deputy in September were unable too as our recruitment was not opened.

However, as we move into October, our recruitment sits open since October 1st and we expect to see a greater number of Deputy Sheriff Trainees tackling our training and evaluation process. We, like many others in San Andreas, want to work towards a solution to ending the rapidly increasing gang violence that pesters our great state each day, and to do that - we need more manpower.

We continue to suppress the criminal front by upping our active Special Enforcement Detail patrols and our Highway Enforcement division having regular active patrols along the state highways. Given the recent environment, we expect to see a larger tactical presence from both the Sheriff's Department and the Los Santos Police Department around the county. We thank all of our residents for understanding these drastic measures during these times.

There are no planned major changes that the department expects to undergo during October, but the department will as always - continue to improve where improvements are needed.

We are proud to announce Deputy Sheriff III James Famingo as our Deputy of the Month. This deputy is well known for his hard work, contribution, and passion towards our department. Where others might step back, he will step forward, facing the danger ahead. Without hesitation, deputy Famingo is ready to protect the citizens and his colleagues at any cost. He is a prime example of what we stand and fight for every day, in this ever so violent world. After graduating from his academy, James went through the field training smoothly, his field training deputies were happy with his performance and commended him on staying calm in times of hostility or distress. Shortly after finishing his training, James was promoted to Deputy Sheriff I. Deputy Famingo continued to improve and strive to be the best version of himself, eventually reaching Deputy Sheriff II and joining the field training division. Ever since joining this division, deputy Famingo has been a major help with guiding the trainees towards success. Not only his attitude but also his paperwork have been excellent. At the beginning of this month, deputy Famingo has decided to join one of our elite divisions, the Special Enforcement Detail. Deputy Famingo has worked tirelessly to achieve this, and the county is safer because of it. In only one month, deputy Famingo has logged over a hundred shift hours and has contributed greatly in large scale operations, resulting in numerous arrests of highly dangerous individuals.

Deputy Famingo graduated from the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department academy on June 22nd, 2020, and our Field Training Program on the 6th of July, 2020. We wish Deputy Famingo nothing but great success as he works towards achieving his other goals and we thank him for his service.

Deputy Sheriff III James Famingo will be rewarded with a bonus payment of $1,000.00 (( $100,000.00 )).

-

Deputy Sheriff III Matthew Handley joined the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department on the 4th of June together with his cousin, Deputy Sheriff III Mannfred Valentine. Unlike Deputy Valentine, Handley has remained faithful to the badge and clear from mishaps and other setbacks in the department. Deputy Handley has demonstrated impeccable work effort and work ethic all throughout his career with the department, he currently is one of the 13 pilots of the Air Support Division and an operator in our Special Enforcement Detail.

The Sheriff's Information Division contacted Deputy Handley to get greater insight of him as a person;

Why did you become a deputy for the LSSD?
    I’ve wanted to work in law enforcement ever since I was a young boy. Growing up my siblings and I didn’t have the best childhood and a lot of them turned to crime. I saw how this damaged my family and I really wanted to do what I can to prevent this from happening to anyone else. I felt the best way to do this was to take up an active role in policing.
    -

What is your favorite thing about being a deputy at the LSSD?
    My most favorite thing about being in the very reputable and prestigious sheriff’s department is the ability it gives to me serve and give back to the community. I love the ability it gives me to interact with a variety of different members of the community as part of my daily duties and the tools and skills the department has provided me in order to stop those that wish to do harm.
    -

What is your most memorable moment while serving as a deputy for the LSSD?
    One moment I will always remember will be the bank robbery of route 68 whereby multiple individuals were uncovered to be involved in a robbery in progress. Upon arriving all suspects fled in a different vehicle and despite only have 2 -3 units on the scene we managed to catch every single suspect. This moment will always be very memorable to me as the odds were very stacked against us and we pulled through and recognition provided by such admirable supervisors such as Lieutenant Kemp.
    -

What is the greatest feeling about being a deputy?
    Being part of something bigger than myself. The real sense of family and belonging provided by the department.
    -

Where do you see yourself in the LSSD in 2 months from now?
    In 2 months from now I see myself still doing what I’m doing now which is severing the community alongside my fellow deputies. I hope to have achieved some natural progression and have progressed through the ranks of both the sheriff’s department itself and the auxiliary departments I am apart of.
    -

What do you like doing outside of work?
    During downtime I spend a lot of time in the garage working on cars. I am lucky enough to own numerous high spec sports vehicles which I dedicate a lot of my time towards maintaining. Other than that I also visit my cousin, another member of the department, where I aim to support him in his advocation for woman’s rights.

• Image Staff Sergeant ►Image Lieutenant
    • Kitiara Romanov
    Image Senior Agent ►Image Lieutenant
    • John Kemp
    Image Agent ► Image Field Agent
    • Jason Wild
    Image Deputy Sheriff III ► Image Master Deputy
    • Marsigsd Moriarty
      Alonzo Black
    Image Deputy Sheriff II ► Image Deputy Sheriff III
    • Matthew Handley
    • Fillmoore Grayson
    • James Famingo
    Image Deputy Sheriff I ► Image Deputy Sheriff II
    • Tom Banks
    • Soap Montasser
    • Thomas Blackrock
    • Lia Wolf
    • Cliff Derringer
    • Fitz Keegan
    • Brain Bentley (Reinstatement)
    Image Deputy Sheriff Trainee ►Image Deputy Sheriff I
    • Mack Millan
    • Jason Costana
    • Jason Reed
    • Vice Nixon
    • Halvard Berg
    • Giuseppe DeVito
    • Itsuki ito
    • Clark Townsend
    • Camila Townsend
    • Miles Doddy
    • Deshawn Stax
    • Carmen Townsend

-

"The Air Support Division is the airborne law enforcement program of the LSSD. Its primary goal is to reduce the incidence of crime and thus reduce the fear of crime. To accomplish our mission, we will provide rapid response, tactical insight, and airborne assessments of incidents, in a safe and professional manner. Only the best of the LSSD Deputies will be selected for the Air Support Division's Flight Program because the task takes the best out of deputies."

The Air Support Division is currently led by Staff Sergeant CJ Ryan who has been an aviation enthusiasm ever since joining the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department. The Air Support Division supports the Los Santos Sheriff's Department's achievements of daily operations and objectives. As one of five divisions within the Los Santos Sheriff's department, the Air Support Division has various functions:
    • Search & Rescue Operations.
    • Medical Operations.
    • Special Enforcement Division Joint Operations.
    • Highway and Airspace Patrol.
    Currently, there are 13 pilots in the division including Staff Sergeant Ryan. He says that he hopes to recruit and train more pilots in the future, however, despite the current number - the pilots are putting in an extraordinary amount of work. Staff Sergeant Ryan shared this month's statistics, and among 12 active pilots - 47.23 flight hours have been logged.
    -

["One of the goals for the Air Support Division is to train all pilots on how to perform emergency medical evacuation"] says Ryan, as he continues to express his reasoning why. The county has recently seen a rise in injuries and death, especially during gang-related shootings, and this puts a stress on the Los Santos Emergency Medical Services - it's impossible for them to save everyone, so the Sheriff's Air Support Division would like to contribute their part to ensuring welfare in the county.

It's no secret that the Air Support Division is among one of the most vital organs of the department according to Executive Staff, having a skilled pilot acting as an eye in the sky and providing support to deputies on the ground is vital for the safety of the deputies, as well for the successful outcome of the situation. They hope to see the Air Support Division strive.

-

This is our third iteration of the Sheriff's Newsletter and I'm extremely proud over being able to reliably publish these to the community each month. However, I aim to improve them - but I need your help. If you have any ideas on what you would like to see on these newsletters, please contact the Sheriff's Information Division so that we can collect your idea(s) and improve our newsletter, and thus improving our transparency.

I would also like to take this opportunity to remind you that you can find the Los County Sheriff's Department on LifeInvader. We plan to publish a wide variety of releases on our LifeInvader page, as we believe that being transparent is the best way of connecting with our communities. So if you want to keep up with the department, make sure that you press that 'Like' button to receive updates each time we publish something.
    Assistant Sheriff Bobby Kirk
    (909) 596-1688 — [email protected]

Sheriff's Information Division
    Los Santos County Sheriff's Department
    Procopio Promenade 1, Paleto Bay
    Los Santos, SA, 909
Sheriff Bobby Kirk

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Return to “News Room”