Sheriff's Newsletter - August 2020

Section for News Releases and Community Outreach.
Bobby Kirk
Sheriff
ECRP Forum Name:

LSSD Awards

Sheriff's Newsletter - August 2020

Post by Bobby Kirk »

I am happy to present the second newsletter of the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department which Assistant Sheriff Bobby Kirk has worked on tirelessly for the past few weeks. We continue our monthly bulletin of information and transparency that we will make available to the public to ensure the communities we serve are always up to date.

A quieter month this month than last on the recruitment front yet training has been at a high, I would like to personally thank each and every Field training deputy for the continued hard work along with the CO of FTD Senior Agent John Kemp for his continued hard work keeping on top of the division.

I would like to thank each and every employee for your continued hard work in all areas, you are what makes this department great.

This month, we would like to recognize the astonishing and impeccable work effort, dedication, and passion that Master Deputy Christopher Porter has demonstrated. In this month alone, Deputy Porter has logged over 100 shift hours, something which is extraordinary for a deputy to achieve alone. During his time on the field, he has continuously demonstrated great work ethics towards his colleagues, and most importantly, the public. His knowledge and ability to enforce the order on our streets proactively makes him a role model in our department. Deputy Porter is an example of hard work and dedication to the cause, upholding the oath he swore with an unrivaled pride and sense of justice. His on-field performance is more than satisfactory and proves to be effective, resulting in numerous arrests of highly dangerous individuals. Deputy Porter is also a part of our Field Training Division in which he shares his wisdom and experience around the Sheriff's Department's policies and tactics to trainees.

Deputy Porter graduated from the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department academy on March 27nd, 2020, and our Field Training Program on the 6th of April, 2020. Through his impeccable and impressive work effort and dedication, and his ability to adapt and overcome, Deputy Porter has raced through the ranks of the Sheriff's Department. His ambitions are great, but not far-fetched, and we wish Deputy Porter nothing but great success and he works towards achieving his goals.

Master Deputy Porter will be rewarded with a bonus payment of $1,000.00 (( $100,000.00 )).

(( Deputy Porter also frequently streams his gameplay, should you be interested in watching the roleplay of the Sheriff's Department, you can tune into https://www.twitch.tv/cporter12 ))

-

Deputy Sheriff II Mannfred Valentine joined the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department on the 4th of June, 2020. Since then, aside from a few mishaps along the way, he has shown near impeccable work effort in the field and often found to be providing the department with comedic relief during stressful times. Deputy Valentine is also a strong women supporter, and he believes that the key to a successful connection with our community, is to ensure equality between men and women, and he believes that our department is the key to ensuring that equality.

The Sheriff's Information Division contacted Deputy Valentine to get greater insight of him as a person;

Why did you become a deputy for the LSSD?
    As far as motives for joining the Sheriff's Department go I'd say pride in the uniform was probably my key aspiration. When I joined, back in June, I signed up with my two cousins: Matthew and Tom Handley. Together we went through all our training and, while particularly for me it was a bumpy ride - we all made it through. The experiences we've had within the County certainly shaped our predisposition toward the Department in a favorable way, and when it came time to apply we all jumped straight onto the opportunity.
    -

What is your favorite thing about being a deputy at the LSSD?
    I'd have to say, without a shadow of a doubt, that my favorite thing with the Sheriff's Department is the sense of camaraderie with your colleagues. Working with them on a day to day basis; serving the County and its citizens - you develop a strong bond with your co-workers that really makes the whole experience worthwhile. Needless to say, another top aspect of the job as knowing your work is actively improving the quality of life for countless people.
    Your work within the Sheriff's Department, in no uncertain terms, saves lives - this is a feeling you cannot beat.
    -

What is your most memorable moment while serving as a deputy for the LSSD?
    When it comes down to specifics, I'd say my favorite memory from working in the Sheriff's Department has to be teaching Deputy, at the time Trainee, Tom Banks the ropes. I remember that we went on a Sierra patrol for several hours in which we covered all the basics, and delved deep into what it really means to be a Sheriff's Deputy. I was fortunate enough also to be accepted into the Special Enforcement Division which is, at present, where I dedicate most of my time. I think, when reflecting on my short career within the Special Enforcement Division, it's important to note the sheer quantity of illicit resources taken from the streets - numbers that, while I cannot explain further, I assure you are staggering.
    -

What is the greatest feeling about being a deputy?
    Deputies within the Sheriff's Department have a lot of responsibilities, but none bring more joy than assisting the citizens of Blaine County. Only days ago I was called, by Sheriff Kirk and Payne, to help an individual discover their gender! Now, while the individual was subsequently discovered to be an illegal alien, the service I provided to this person was invaluable and certainly much appreciated. This branch of emotions, this service we provide, goes a step further when looking into my duties within the Recruitment and Employment division. I handle dozens of applications and do just as many interviews, and each one is different - I get to meet new people and, often, welcome them to the Department!
    -

Where do you see yourself in the LSSD in 2 months from now?
    As far as career progression goes, I've had a very rocky beginning within the Department. Within my first week I was suspended for insubordination, and within the same month received a suspension for Gross Misconduct. I feel as though this praise serves, at least to me, as some kind of redemption. But, as a result of this, my main goal for two months' time is to still be a proud member of the Department!
    -

Outside of work, Deputy Valentine devotes his time to women's rights, and he often finds himself attending private rallies with the people he supports the most.

• Image Corporal ► Image Sergeant
    • John McCornish
    • Tyrone Balakay
    • Nica Dumitru
    Reinstatement ► Image Field Agent
    • Joseph McMurphy
    Image Master Deputy ► Image Corporal
    • Frank Moses
    • Phil Coleman
    Image Deputy Sheriff III ► Image Master Deputy
    • James Hawkes
    • Oliver Bennett
    • Zein Ace
    • Dante Stryker
    • Colt Daniels
    Image Deputy Sheriff II ► Image Deputy Sheriff III
    • Marsigsd Moriarty
    • Alonzo Black
    • Russ Stax
    Image Deputy Sheriff I ► Image Deputy Sheriff II
    • Mannfred Valentine
    • Hsan Jabar
    • James Harrington
    • James Famingo
    • George Fern
    • Samantha Tenbe
    Image Deputy Sheriff Trainee ►Image Deputy Sheriff I
    • Angela Lucciano
    • Luka Rosselli
    • Fitz Keegan
    • Soap Montasser
    • Alaric Mikaelson
    • Nick Tyson
    • Thomas Blackrock
    • David Carson
    • Lia Wolf
    • Kyle Rodriguez
    • Kevin Roosevelt
    • Cliff Derringer
    • Hunter Mercer

-

"The Detention and Parole Bureau (DPB) is responsible for the action and enforcement of relevant detention provisions for convicted felons. The bureau in its work strives to protect the community by not only arresting felons for their previous crimes but deterring future ones from occurring. It does so in many ways with the aim of rehabilitating felons back into functioning, productive members of society."

The Detention and Parole Bureau is the department's newest Bureau that is currently being led by Commander Pierce Hardy. Commander Hardy who has years of law enforcement experience under his belt was naturally the top pick for the position, as his experiences and ways of connecting with convicts are spectacular.

DPB currently consists of 7 hardworking Parole Agents who work along the clock to get convicts through the system. And today, we are honored to be introduced to the bureau by its Assistant Commander, Senior Agent John Kemp.

Within the Detention and Parole Bureau, there are 3 divisions with separate objectives and responsibilities;
    • Parolee Handling Division: The division's main objective is to identify viable subjects to receive/undergo parole and guide them through a program tailored to them. Members of the division will have a close working relationship with felons as they help them reform their lives.
    • Surveillance Divison: The division's main objective is to utilize covert methods and means to track, trace, and gather intelligence of subjects. Roles within the division mainly involve tailing parolees and making sure they keep within the terms of their parole.
    • Detention Divison: The main objective of the division is to locate wanted individuals, conduct an assessment of the viability/risks of capturing them, and orchestrating the capture of those subjects with the assistance of SED plus any other relevant partner agencies.
    Many have noticed during our two newsletters that there is a significant ratio difference in parolees that fail and pass their program. "[The main reason why so many parolees fail the program is due to the fact that they are not attending meetings with the mandatory meetings with the Department of Corrections. Recently, we are tackling this issue by calling the parolees and reminding them of their meetings and if they are not able to set a meeting up, we manage to schedule one for them with DOC.]" Senior Agent Kemp answers to that.

This was a problem that the bureau wanted to tackle, "[For the month of August, our main goal was to ensure that meetings are being conducted for the parolees and to increase the percentage of parolees that have reformed and passed the program. In July, we only had 2 parolees pass the program out of 18 which is 11% compared to 16% in August. As stated earlier this was mainly due to parolees not being able to set up any meeting with DOC, which is not an issue anymore.]" Senior Agent Kemp says about the goals that the bureau has established.
    But, for those who put in the effort to complete and pass their parole program, there are benefits in the works. "[Our goals for September are to work on post parole benefits. We are currently conducting meetings with LSC, Bayview, DCC, and Weazel News in order to assist in setting up an internal parole program for each of them and make it possible for parolees who have passed the program to get legal jobs and turn their life around.]" Senior Agent Kemp says to address the established goals of the bureau.

The Sheriff's Department is honored to have been given the opportunity from the San Andreas Government to spearhead the Parole Program, and although it's a significant opportunity for convicts, it's also an opportunity for employees within the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department to further advance in their career, learn new abilities and gain new knowledge. Both the Executive Staff of the department and the Detention and Parole Bureau is eager to see what the future brings, and hope that more parolees will put the effort in to pass their program.

-

Very proud over releasing our second iteration of the Sheriff's Newsletter. I am extremely proud of what we have accomplished this month, not only in statistics but the increase in camaraderie among our entire department. The Sheriff's Department is not like any other department, and I am extremely proud of the friendship that develops among our employees, which translates into stronger work ethics and greater things to publish to the community.

As the Assistant Sheriff assigned to oversee the Office of the Sheriff, I also spearhead the department's Internal Affairs Division. We are quite lucky to be a department that focuses on problem-solving in the field, which is proven in our numbers of reports received each month - however, I'd like to remind the community that to ensure an efficient and transparent investigation to your problem(s), I recommend that you try to contact supervisors in the field - as they have the ability to investigate and potentially discipline deputies.

I would also like to take this opportunity to remind you that you can find the Los County Sheriff's Department on LifeInvader. We plan to publish a wide variety of releases on our LifeInvader page, as we believe that being transparent is the best way of connecting with our communities. So if you want to keep up with the department, make sure that you press that 'Like' button to receive updates each time we publish something.
    Assistant Sheriff Bobby Kirk
    (909) 596-1688 — [email protected]

Sheriff's Information Division
    Los Santos County Sheriff's Department
    Procopio Promenade 1, Paleto Bay
    Los Santos, SA, 909
Sheriff Bobby Kirk

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Return to “News Room”