Press Release October 2020

Press releases made by the Department of Corrections on updates, employee adjustments, and stories from within the prison.
Solomon Cobb
ECRP Forum Name: Ash

DOC Awards

SASG Awards

LSEMS Awards

Press Release October 2020

Post by Solomon Cobb »

The San Andreas Department of Corrections is happy to bring you the festive Spooktober Press Release highlighting changes within the department over the last month. These include major promotions into Supervisor, Divisional Command, or High Command as well as a few of our long-standing members who have left us to pursue other things. We will also be shining a spotlight on our Employee of the Month for the month of October and sharing some words from and about them so you know what it means to be a Department of Corrections Employee.

I will also be giving some updates on our special divisions and how they have been progressing and what it means to the general public and our inmates at Bolingbroke Penitentiary.
Each month here at the San Andreas Department of Corrections we like to bestow an honor on this months best performing officer who has shown time and time again that they put maximum effort and commitment into their work. The officer selected for this prestigious award has proved themselves as a representation of how each officer working for our department should strive to be.

Employee of the Month October 2020
Correctional Officer III Jorge Lewis - #499
We like to ask the employee of the month a few questions to get their perspective on the job and what makes a great officer, below is a few answers to common questions by our Employee of the Month:

Looking back, what are memorable achievements from your service so far?
My most memorable achievement from my service so far would be me becoming an official member of CERT as an operative, I definitely didn't think that I would have had the chance to join and display my skills to impress the Captain enough to grant me a position in the team. It has been an incredible privilege of mine to work along side the people in the team, working along side them has helped me grow my skillsets and knowledge.
Moving forward what are the next goals as a SADOC officer?
Within the division of my choice, CERT, I'm eventually plan on becoming a senior operator. I will work smart and hard to impress our leader, Assistant Warden Moraine. I therefore plan on growing my skillset and knowledge to achieve this goal.
Any advice they would give to future prospects who might think about joining the SADOC?
Many different opportunities are available in the SADOC, from Human resources to CERT, there is something for everybody. Being a member of the DOC can give you the opportunity to not only help inmates, but yourself. I guarantee you that joining the DOC will widen your knowledge and understanding of every day life.

In my opinion the DOC is a family, everybody knows everybody and the majority of people get along with each other. There are many unique personalities within the DOC and they might just teach you something you didn't know previously.
"They've put in a lot of work with CMT. I've seen him volunteer for different positions while on duty, and has really proven himself to me as a valued officer of the DOC."
- #01 Warden Ren Sanchez

"Quick and compliant to given orders. Volunteering when 10-8's were needed. Smart and calculative CERT operative."
- #03 Assistant Warden Reina Moraine

"He is one of the most cool-headed people that the DOC has ever had. He has put his life on the line as of recent and has demonstrated a truly selfless commitment to the department."
- #05 Commander Nick McAlister

"Jorge is always on point with his work and a good social guy to be around, only bad thing is he hates jaffa cakes"
- #06 Commander Wes McLoughlin

"Always fun to work with, always ready to do anything we ask him and even after being injured by an inmate he came back on duty the day after."
- #397 - 1st Lieutenant Victoria McJohnson
Recruitment
    Recruitment for the San Andreas Department of Corrections is OPEN as of 25/10/2020. Please see below on how to apply.
      Applicant Requirements
      ✘ Must be a citizen of San Andreas
        ✘ Must not have any serious crimes (will be dealt with on a case to case basis).
          ✘ Must not be a serving member of the Los Santos Police Department or Los Santos Sheriff Department.
            ✘ Must be over 18 years of age and no older than 55.
              (( Must want to RP at a high standard - we'll help, of course, if you’re new. But you must want to learn and grow ))
                (( Must have over 5,000 XP in total across all characters ))
                  (( Must be able to dedicate at least 5 on duty hours a week ))
                    (( Must have a clean admin record for the past 30 days, this is also handled on a case by case basis ))
                      Application Process
                      When you apply for a position within SADOC, please refrain from contacting any members of the Human Resources team or any members of the Command team. It can take up to 72 hours for a member of HR to review your application so please be patient. The time it takes to reach your application will vary on how busy we are. Generally speaking, though, we should get back to you relatively quickly and once you hit pending interview it is up to yourself to go to the prison's front desk and ask for a member of HR.
                      High Command

The General Field Operations department has been without a Commander for a few months and in the mean time, #358 Wes McLoughlin has shown tremendous leadership potential as the Captain of the General Field Operations department, and has now taken up the position of #06 Commander of General Field Operations. He will be at the top of the chain of command for general staff and the High Command team welcomes him into their ranks. We look forward to seeing what he makes of his new position and what more he can contribute to the department.

Divisional Command

Our Captain of the Correctional Emergency Response Team, #344 Seth Cincaid is resigning his position with us this month to head back to his home. During his tenure here, Seth has shown great leadership and proved himself worthy of the person leading the CERT team. The Department of Corrections will welcome him back if he chooses to reinstate in the future but we all wish Seth good luck in his future endeavors. Assistant Warden Reina Moraine will be taking up interim leadership of the CERT department to ensure a smooth transition.

Supervisors
                      The following officers also got promoted within our supervisor team from Corporal to Sergeant in the month of October, we welcome them all and hope they have a lasting impact on the department.
                      • #431 Yuki Nakamura
                      • #433 Nathaniel Nakamura
                      Correctional Medical Team

Employee well being is key to the Department of Corrections operating effectively as this can be considered a high-stress environment. To ensure all employees are stable, the Correctional Medical Team are rolling out an Employee Wellbeing form. This form will collect basic medical data to keep on file in case of emergency but more importantly it will allow the CMT Psych team to get a gauge on the mental health of our officers. From these we can then do any follow-ups required if there is anything concerning or any sign of things as basic as stress or demotivation and we can work with them on that.

As well as officer wellbeing, we have been taking more steps towards looking after inmate mental health also, by having regular psych sessions with frequent visitors of the prison who demonstrate instability and reoccurring issues. We still have a long way to go with these highlighted topics but we are striving to be able to offer more to those who need it at Bolingbroke Penitentiary.

Correctional Emergency Response Team
                      The Correctional Emergency Response team have engaged in several situations over the last month, naturally we cannot disclose the specifics but I will give a brief overview of each one for the sake of transparency:

Incident 1
                      One of our HVT's had managed to break out of the cell block and make their way to our offices, the responding officer was stabbed with a knife and taken hostage, giving the HVT access to heavy weaponry. Negotiations were attempted and the negotiator was injured. With no sign of the HVT willing to do any kind of negotiations and 2x officers life gravely in danger the room was breached and shots were fired, rendering the hostage taker incapacitated. The 2 officers were safely extracted and have recovered.

Incident 2
                      An inmate had created a shank, hid it, and stabbed an unaware officer. CERT breached the cell block to enforce a lockdown of the other inmates and proceeded to corner the inmate with the weapon. The inmate gave up the weapon upon realising their situation and was taken to solitary confinement. The injured inmate fully recovered.

Incident 3
                      An inmate had managed to sneak a broken bottle into the prison and used it to take an officer hostage. Negotiations were long and their intention was to prison break, which resulted in firing upon the hostage takers when they did not release the hostage as per their end of negotiations. The officer was safely retrieved and the main hostage taker passed away.

The CERT team have also recently updated the information in their High Profile Inmate list as well as their Maximum Security Inmate Database. The information is now up-to-date and has the required protocol for handling these extremely difficult and high-risk individuals.
                      Thank you for reading the October press release brought by the San Andreas Department of Corrections Public Relations Division. This has been a great month for us and whilst there have been some unfortunate situations, they have all been handled exceptionally well by your highly competent officers. Our standards are growing more and more each academy that goes by and it's great to see people climb from new trainees up to more senior officers. I hope the transparency we are giving the public through these press releases is informative and useful, if you have any questions or comments feel free to direct them to my email below.

Solomon Cobb
                      Commander of Special Divisions
                      San Andreas Department of Corrections

[email protected]
                      [email protected]

Return to “Press Releases”