[PRESS RELEASE #5] Death of John Norman

This section contains all Press Releases made by the San Andreas State Government.
Ramon Carter
Retired Chief of Police
ECRP Forum Name:

[PRESS RELEASE #5] Death of John Norman

Post by Ramon Carter »

20 August, 2019
Los Santos County Sheriff's Department
San Andreas State Government

• The San Andreas State Government is saddened to announce that the Sheriff of the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department, Sheriff John Norman, has sadly passed away. The death of Sheriff Norman involves no foul play. On August 19th, Sheriff John Norman went on a hunting trip with his friend and colleague, Assistant Sheriff James Jurrick, and due to the lack of reflective vests and poor lightning in the area, Sheriff Norman was accidentally shot. He was transported to Central Hospital of Los Santos where he later passed away.

Sheriff John Norman served the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department for a month, after having transferred from the California Highway Patrol. Together with his staff, he successfully built up the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department from the ground and the Department now has 30 employees that work day and night for the community of Blaine County and surrounding areas.

Due to the unforeseen death of Sheriff John Norman, the San Andreas State Government last night reached out to the previous Police Chief, Samuel Osborn, and offered him to be the head of the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department. And on short notice, we are pleased to announce that he accepted this offer.

Sheriff Samuel Osborn is a law enforcement veteran with over 20 years of experience, he has served as the Chief of Police twice with the Los Santos Police Department until his resignation earlier last month. Being one of the few individuals that built the Police Department up from the ground to what it is today, we are confident that Sheriff Osborn will bring great fortune to the Sheriff's Department.

From Sheriff Samuel Osborn:

It was very heartbreaking to hear the news of Sheriff John Norman, he came across as a great person with a great mind for the Sheriff's Department and the community that it serves. What he had accomplished in the Department is extraordinary, in just over a month since its opening, the Sheriff's Department is operational with staff covering all shifts. He will truly be missed by his staff and the community.

If you would have asked me during my first two weeks of retirement about me returning to Law Enforcement, I would've have laughed it off. I stepped down as the Chief of Police for the Los Santos Police Department because of stress, and because I felt that it was time for another person to take reign and lead the Department to further success, which is exactly what happened. However; during my time outside the country, I built up a new level of motivation, I started to miss the thrill of being a Law Enforcement Officer, the feeling of helping someone in need and doing what I can to make things better.

Last night when I received a call from Commissioner Carter, I felt a sensation of relief and a new level of thrive. It was an honor to accept the position that Commissioner Carter offered to me, and it will be an honor to serve the great people of San Andreas once more, in a different uniform and with different brother and sisters. I cannot promise a fully crime-free county, but I can promise that we will do our best to keep Blaine County and surrounding areas safe.

Sheriff Samuel Osborn
    Los Santos County Sheriff's Department[/color]
Commissioner Sebastian Freeman

Commissioner Ramon Carter

Return to “SASG - Press Releases”