[PRESS RELEASE #2] Los Santos County Sheriff's Department

This section contains all Press Releases made by the San Andreas State Government.
Sebastian Freeman
ECRP Forum Name:

[PRESS RELEASE #2] Los Santos County Sheriff's Department

Post by Sebastian Freeman »

12 July, 2019
Los Santos County Sheriff's Department
San Andreas State Government

• The San Andreas State Government is pleased to announce the recognition of, and to welcome, the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department, the second law enforcement entity in the State of San Andreas. With the significant rise of crime throughout the past few months in our county areas, the San Andreas State Government had realized that the Los Santos Police Department cannot be responsible for the entire state themselves as it stretches them thin.

The Los Santos County Sheriff's Department and the Los Santos Police Department will work closely together and maintain a healthy relationship while aiming for the same purpose and goals. We are confident that the two agencies will function well together and that they, together, will keep the citizens of San Andreas safe.

Both agencies are Law Enforcement agencies and thus they possess the authority to detain, charge and arrest individuals(s) no matter their jurisdiction. There are internal guidelines and regulations within the two Departments that go over jurisdiction, but over the course of the next few weeks, you might be seeing a significant decrease of Police Units in the county as they will slowly be replaced by Sheriff's Deputies.

We would like to congratulate and welcome Sheriff John Norman on his appointment as Sheriff of the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department. Sheriff Norman was previously employed by the California Highway Patrol as an Assistant Chief, a Department which he served faithfully with for 20 years. It will be an honor to have Sheriff Norman serve as the state's first Sheriff, and we can only foresee a great future of the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department with Sheriff Norman at the top of the spear.

Facts about Sheriff John Norman
    • Sheriff Norman is 58 years old, his birthday is the 24th of May, 1961.
    • Sheriff Norman first became a Police Officer in 1987 when he applied for the Police Department in his home city, Chicago. He applied for a transfer to the California Highway Patrol in 1995 after achieving the rank of Lieutenant.
    • Sheriff Norman has a Master's Degree in Criminal Justice and a Bachelor of Science in Business and Management.
    From Sheriff John Norman:

It's an honor to be chosen as the Sheriff for the wonderful State of San Andreas. Prior to applying for the position with the Commissioner's Office of San Andreas, I studied San Andreas and its law enforcement and I am very impressed with what the Los Santos Police Department had accomplished given the obstacles in their way. I think that the introduction of a Sheriff's Department will push both Departments closer to achieving the goal and mission that all law enforcement shares.

For the past month, I've been working closely with a team of like-minded and experienced individuals on creating the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department and its foundation. While I understand that there has been a lot of interest in the Sheriff's Department, we don't expect the Recruitment to open up for the public until late next week. We are going to start with opening transfers for Police Officers of the Los Santos Police Department that wishes to have a change of career, so that we can get the assistance that we need with our Field Training Division, to ensure that future Deputy Sheriff Trainees receive proper care and training that they need.

All I can say is that you should keep your eyes open, all the information you need to start a career with the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department will be available on our public website. I am looking forward to working in the Los Santos County and alongside the fine men and women of the Los Santos Police Department.
Commissioner Sebastian Freeman

Commissioner Ramon Carter

Sheriff John Norman
Los Santos County Sheriff's Department

Return to “SASG - Press Releases”