LSEMS Press Release | April 2020

Jason Su
ECRP Forum Name:

LSEMS Awards

LSEMS Press Release | April 2020

Post by Jason Su »

The Los Santos Emergency Medical Services or LSEMS is currently stationed at the Central Los Santos Medical Centre where it is bordered by Capital Boulevard, Crusade Road, Davis Avenue and Innocence Boulevard in the east of Strawberry, Los Santos.

The Los Santos Emergency Medical Services provides immediate care and treatment for the citizens of the State of San Andreas.
Welcome to the April 2020 edition of the Los Santos EMS press release! Within this release you will find articles about our recent employee of the month, along with other articles about the new changes and hot topics within the LSEMS.

The employee of the month award is given out to the employee at LSEMS who most accurately represents the ideal person, both in terms of their work ethic and responsibility, as well as, their drive to improve. The employee of the month at LSEMS is a prime example of the standards that we uphold and should be considered a role-model for others to follow.

The staff of LSEMS is proud to congratulate Mr. Soheyl Johnson for being April 2020's Employee of the Month. Soheyl began working for LSEMS in and has quickly made his way up the ranks to his current EMT-E status, the first to ever be awarded such a rank. Whether working with patients or staff, Soheyl consistently exemplifies our core values.

Soheyl holds the current record for most hours worked in a pay period. He reliably clocks countless hours week after week, selflessly dedicating his time to the citizens of Los Santos and their health and safety. As you'll read later, his hard work and dedication is well known amongst the LSEMS staff. He's an active member of many divisions within LSEMS such as BLS, Lifeguard, and the Air division, and is an outstanding field trainer as well. Soheyl exercises his flight knowledge to skillfully rescue those who are injured in places that would normally be unreachable. He is an asset to the Los Santos EMS and actively makes a difference with his work.

His Proudest Achievement:
When asked what his proudest achievement was at LSEMS, Soheyl cited the opportunity he was given to learn from and train under Assistant Chief Sabrina Ortiz and Deputy Chief Andrea Fallon. "Sabrina was the first person that believed in me and called me a friend. When I was a civilian, Andrea gave me many ride-alongs so I could learn how to do my job in the future," he said. "She was so kind to me when I was a civilian and is still teaching me many things."

Advice for Prospective Candidates:
Soheyl recalled a sentiment he was given from the retired Chief of EMS, Mr. Erick Chavez when asked what advice he had for prospective LSEMS candidates. "Focus on your quality rather than quantity".

Sights Set on the Future:
So what's next for Mr. Soheyl Johnson? He'd prefer to let his actions speak for him. When asked what he saw as his next step in his career at LSEMS, he responded "I won't spoil this. It's a secret, you'll see in the future."
"Soheyl is by far one of the most dedicated employees we have. He always makes us smile. It's a pleasure to work on the same shift with him." -Jason Su

"Soheyl has always been the guy who extended responsibility in every way possible. He has always shown an attitude of honor and duty while on duty. As a coworker and a friend of mine, Soheyl deserves to be given the award of employee of the month. Congrats Soheyl!" - Noah Carlile

"Mr. Soheyl is one of the most dedicated employees we have on the roster. It's always a delight to have him on a shift and I see nothing but success during his tenure here!" -Frank Fletcher

After the unfortunate resignation of our previous Head of Lifeguard, Malcolm Gardner, an eager Paramedic decided that the Lifeguard Division was one that she would like to indulge in and improve. This person has already been teaching others about the duties as a lifeguard as well as conducting lifeguard certifications and physical examinations before her appointment as the head of the division. She is hardworking and determined to take what has been left to her in terms of the division and build upon it further until it has become something she is proud to be the leader of.

Amara Blackrock is the new Interim Head of the Lifeguard division, and she aims to bring the division to something that is more structured and dynamic within the LSEMS. When asked about what she thought being the Head of a Division meant, she replied, "You have to be able to lead and help build the division. I plan to show others how dedicated I am to my work, and how motivated I am to helping others enjoy Lifeguard as much as I do".

When asked about her plans for the Lifeguard Division, she said, "My main plan after internal reconstruction is events. I plan on having events for the city to enjoy in the future, so look forward to that!"

Thanks to our commissioners, LSEMS is happy to announce that there is now a hospital in Paleto Bay where patients can be taken to should they have gotten injured in the northern areas of San Andreas. The Paleto Bay MD is located in Paleto Bay, just west of the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department. Furthermore, patients can be dropped off by MEDEVAC up at this location as well, providing a more convenient location for people to begin their return to where they were before their injury. Overall, this medical department will prove to be very useful for LSEMS, as well as for the citizens of San Andreas.
P.S. Ambulances are not taxis, if you need a taxi somewhere please pick up your phone and call one.

LSEMS Ridealong Application Status: CLOSED
Unfortunately, our ride along program is closed for applications currently. - Click Here to check the status currently.
Apply for a LSEMS Ridealong!*
*Subjected to background check
LSEMS Basic Life Support Course Applications Status: OPEN
Learn how to give basic treatment and provide life saving breaths

Click Here to VIEW the BLS Course Schedules

Please make sure to only use the parking spaces across the street near the Citybee, or to the side of the MD when attending a Basic Life Support course.

The back parking is for LSEMS EMPLOYEES ONLY.

*Subjected to background check
Thank you so much for reading the April Press Release written by the communications division! If you have any questions or inquires, please do not hesitate to contact the head of communications, or any of the contributors of this release. Thank you again, and have a great day!

Kind regards,

Chelsea Southern
[email protected]
EMT-I|Firefighter First Class
Los Santos Emergency Medical Services

Jason Su
[email protected]
Paramedic
Head of Communications
Los Santos Emergency Medical Services

Hon. Monica Ortiz
[email protected]