Monthly Bulletin 2106

The Newsroom contains all press releases of the Los Santos Police Department.
LSPD Media Relations
ECRP Forum Name:

Monthly Bulletin 2106

Post by LSPD Media Relations »

WWW.LSPD.SAGOV.US
Los Santos Police Department
Press Release
Monday, July 5th, 2021
"TO PROTECT AND SERVE"

Monthly Bulletin 2106
- -
  • -

OFFICER OF THE MONTH

-
    Each month, one officer is selected by our Police Supervisors to receive this most prestigious award. This award is an overall congratulation for universal commitment, achievement, and excellence throughout the department. An officer who achieves this award is an exemplary member of the department who should be looked up to as an inspiration and role-model.
    -

Police Officer II Joseph Couch joined the Los Santos Police Department in March of 2021. Officer Couch started off as a Patrol Officer within Mission Row - there Officer Couch showed deep commitment to serving the people of Los Santos and representing the Los Santos Police Department in the highest regard. Officer Couch was consistently a top performer in hours on duty as well as paperwork filed during his tenure as a Patrol Officer with Mission Row. He was quickly recognized for his hard work and dedication and promptly promoted to Police Officer II. Upon Officer Couch’s promotion, he was quickly reassigned to the Gang and Narcotics Division as a Gang Officer. There Officer Couch has continued to show his immense dedication and work ethic as a public servant.

In the month of June, Officer Couch continued with his excellent display of hours on duty and paperwork contributed. Officer Couch worked a total of 229 hours in the month averaging out to a little more than 57 hours per week. Along with his primary and secondary duties, Joseph managed to find time to contribute to the Field Training Program even though he is exempt from it. Officer Couch is a great display of what it means to be a Police Officer in the Los Santos Police Department and strives to continue to grow and serve the community as best as he can. Police Officer II Joseph Couch will be rewarded with a salary of $8,000.00 for the duration of this month. Congratulations, Joseph!

EMPLOYEE ADJUSTMENTS

• Image Police Captain I ► Image Police Captain II
    • Dezzy Bala
    • Lex Roth

Image Police Lieutenant I ► Image Police Lieutenant II
    • Torsten Church
    • Grace Hunter
    • Elizabeth Sanchez
    • Jason Steel
    Image Police Sergeant II ► Image Police Lieutenant I
    • Steve Smyth
    Image Police Detective III ► Image Police Lieutenant I
    • Mikael Cowell
    -REINSTATEMENTS AND TRANSFERS
    -
    In the month of June we saw the reinstatements of a few very familiar faces, such as Police Officer II George Vern and Police Officer II Mark Sloan, as well as the transfer/reinstatement of Police Officer II Olatunji Osas from the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department. Welcome back!

Image Police Officer II
    • Olatunji Osas
    • Mark Sloan
    • George Vern
    Image Police Officer I
    • Scott Jenkins
    Police Cadet
    • Dale Ashcroft
    -
    Image Police Officer III ► Image Police Officer III+1
    • Jaxon Nash
    Image Police Officer III ► Image Police Detective I
    • Tristan Andrews
    • Grace Steel
    • Ryan Veska
    Image Police Officer II ► Image Police Officer III
    • Ryan Moore
    • Alexander Olsson
    • Bailey Snow
    • Jordan Wealthmeer
    Image Police Officer I ► Image Police Officer II
    • Mark Bloomfield
    • Bill Breacher
    • Killian Byrnes
    • Dai Chaos
    • Roy Harrymann
    • Mitchell Phillips
    • Ada Sierra
    • Richard Small
    • William Tesla
    • Rayn Winters
    Police Cadet ► Image Police Officer I
    • Abol Baze
    • Max Draco
    • Nate Howard
    • Shay Hudson
    • Kris Konstantinov
    • Feliks Kov
    • Philip Mahone
    • Conrad McMount
    • Giorgos Papageorgiou
    • Walter Pembroke
    • Lucas Pipers
    • Jared Rock
    • Draco Santana
FEATURED DIVISION

• asdlogo
    -
    The Air Support Division, commonly known by the abbreviation ASD, falls under the Special Operations Bureau within the Los Santos Police Department. The Air Support Division (ASD) is responsible for providing Air Support to patrol and specialized units of the Los Santos Police Department. The Air Support Division is also here to enhance Officer and public safety, reduce the incidence of crime and thus reduce the fear of crime. To accomplish their mission, they will provide rapid response, tactical insight, and airborne assessments of incidents, in a safe and professional manner.

The Air Support Division has approximately 25 sworn Pilots as members of their division. The Commanding Officer of the Air Support Division is Police Lieutenant I Mikael Cowell. The Assistant Commanding Officer of the Air Support Division is Police Sergeant II Darion Rueb.
    -
  • -
    All members within the Air Support Division must be qualified to be professional pilots and will go through extensive training until they can qualify themselves as one. Primarily, ASDs missions are conducted as part of (ASTRO) Air Support to Regular Operations or (SFS) Special Flights Section.

ASTRO, historically has generated approximately 80% of the Air Support Division’s total flight time. An ASTRO aircrew typically consists of one Pilot and one Co-Pilot. The aircrew monitors citywide police radio frequencies, they respond to calls for service and make aerial observations based on their experience as Police Officers. In effect, ASTRO can be thought of as a patrol car in flight. In fact, The Air Support motto is, "The mission is the same, only the vehicle has changed." Therefore, ASTRO is the Department’s "Force Multiplier," enabling a smaller workforce to complete assigned and assumed tasks. Benefits of this Force Multiplier effect include more ground-based Officers available for assignment, increased productivity and personal well-being, and reduction of liability claims against the City.
    -
  • -
    The Special Flights Section (SFS) was created to provide surveillance and support for Detectives and undercover operations. The SFS has become critical to narcotics investigations and has been a significant contributor to the seizure of contraband valued in the milions of dollars. Beyond ASTRO and SFS, missions of the Air Support Division are comprehensive and provide assistance to nearly every facet of the Department:-
  • Police Lieutenant I Mikael Cowell has been the Commanding Officer of the Air Support Division since March of this year and has a clear mission for his Division.
-
Police Lieutenant I Mikael Cowell wrote:
Before joining the Department, I had always been interested in aviation. It was clear upon joining the LSPD that I would be working towards getting involved in Departmental aviation. The Air Support Division (ASD) has always been an important division for me. I originally joined hours after being promoted to Police Officer II on June 26th, 2019. I spent a lot of time up in the air and advanced within the internal ranks. Soon enough, I was promoted to Chief Pilot and entered ASD Command back in late 2019.

The leadership of the division has changed several times during the past years but the main goal has always been the same. To provide quality pilots to assist in the air. There have been some changes since myself taking leadership of the division and together with my command team, we are always looking for ways to be more efficient and to improve the division.
  • -
    The Air Support Division continues refining and updating its program. The most significant change in recent months is the change to the aforementioned system, offering Police Officers in-field assistance from pilots specialized in these various tasks. This has lead to an increase in caught suspects and successful operations.

To join the Air Support Division, members of the Los Santos Police Department must hold the rank of Police Officer II at a minimum. Recruitment is very strict and only the most dedicated and professional are accepted. Applicants subject to an extensive written test as well as a personalized background check before being accepted into the training program.

FEATURED EMPLOYEE

• Police Lieutenant I Steve Smyth was born in Northern Ireland, United Kingdom, in a little city called Londonderry on the northwest side of the country where he spent his childhood. Lieutenant Smyth did not do much outside of O-Level examinations and did receive any further education past that. Steve spent some time with the Territorial Army Reserves when he was 16, 17, and 18, before pursuing a career in the Police Service for Northern Ireland (PSNI). It was only then that he found a purpose in life and began shaping his law enforcement career. He spent around 7 years in total serving in the PSNI in a number of positions before deciding to move across the globe to Los Santos. In terms of hobbies, Steve is a motorcycle enthusiast having spent a lot of time on super sports bikes.

Lieutenant Smyth joined the Department on the 25th of November, 2019, and began building his way back up from the start. Steve, with his previous experience gained in Northern Ireland and crafted skillset, felt that Los Santos would offer more challenges and opportunities for him to develop himself. Steve spent his early years in Los Santos working small-time jobs before earning citizenship before earning his mettle as a Police Lieutenant of the Los Santos Police Department.
    -
  • -
    Lieutenant Smyth says that his biggest achievement has to be the revamp of the Traffic Enforcement Division and the subsequent creation and building of what is now the Vinewood Traffic Division. They have made up of a very strong team of people, and he is proud to see some of our finest Officers come up through the ranks within VTD and make their way to their supervisory positions in the Department. He likes to think that we are a family, and we have a good solid foundation for allowing Officers to learn and grow and take on new challenges, allowing them to progress forward in their careers.
    -
Police Lieutenant I Steve Smyth wrote:
I am a keen believer in keeping a positive mindset. Everyone is capable of anything, if you have the right level of drive and belief, and the willingness to put time and effort towards a goal, you can achieve it.

Set yourself smaller, achievable goals, and build them up towards that greater goal. I thoroughly enjoy working with everyone here at the Los Santos Police Department, and I look forward to continuing to see what next you all have in store for me!
  • -
    Without giving away too many specifics, Steve continuously thrives for the best in areas where we as a Department specialize the most. Steve enjoys hosting training sessions and looking for better, easier ways of doing things together. Efficiency is key and he will be continuing to look at making small changes wherever possible to help the Department achieve this overall efficiency, one step at a time. Steve also wants to continue to build on what he achieved so far within VTD. Lieutenant Smyth and Vinewood Command have opened up their specialized training sessions to the entire Department, allowing everyone to attend and learn something new in a recently proposed initiative.
    -
  • -
    Lieutenant Smyth is always looking to make new additions to his team to expand his current staff of bright, open-minded, and highly motivated members. Being the Commanding Officer of the Vinewood Traffic Division Steve is also a member of the Air Support Division, the Recruitment and Employment Division as a Lead Academy Instructor, and the Field Training Division as a Field Training Supervisor. Steve has always retained that drive for training and getting younger generations of law enforcement. Steve wanted to find new things to focus on after leaving the Metropolitan Division and working with Cadets and being someone that they can approach is something that he thoroughly enjoys.

EMPLOYEE AVAILABILITY

• -------------------
    06 | 4.69%
    01 | 0.78%
    01 | 0.78%
    04 | 3.13%

Staff Officers
    Image Chief of Police
    Image Assistant Chief of Police
    Image Deputy Chief of Police
    -------------------
    05 | 3.19%
    00 | 0.00%
    01 | 0.78%
    03 | 2.34%
    01 | 0.78%

Command Officers
    Image Commander
    Image Captain III
    Image Captain II
    Image Captain I
    -------------------
    07 | 5.47%
    05 | 3.91%
    02 | 1.56%

Police Lieutenants
    Image Lieutenant II
    Image Lieutenant I
    -------------------
    10 l 7.81%
    03 | 2.34%
    07 | 5.47%

Police Sergeants
    Image Sergeant II
    Image Sergeant I
  • -------------------
    08 | 6.25%
    04 | 3.13%
    01 | 0.78%
    03 | 2.34%

Police Detectives
    Image Detective III
    Image Detective II
    Image Detective I
    -------------------
    92 | 71.88%
    04 | 3.13%
    27 | 21.09%
    34 | 26.56%
    24 | 18.75%

Patrol Officers
    Image Police Officer III+1
    Image Police Officer III
    Image Police Officer II
    Image Police Officer I
    -------------------
    03 | 2.34%
    03 | 2.34%

Police Cadets
    Cadet
    -------------------

Total Employees
STATISTICS

• Employee Adjustments
    Promotions
    Demotions
    Suspensions
    Resignations
    Terminations

Recruitment
    Total Applications
    Accepted
    Denied
    Pending
    Withdrawn
    Number of Academies
    New Cadets

Field Training Program
    Sessions Conducted
    Field Training Reports
    Passed Cadets
    Failed Cadets

Ride-Along Program
    Ride-Alongs Accepted
    * Ride-Along Reports
    * These reports are currently not tallied
  • Patrol Reports
    Arrest
    Impound
    Impound Release
    Traffic Stop
    Use of Force

Detective Bureau
    Crimes Reported
    Active Cases
    Cases Denied
    Cases Concluded
    Cases Closed

Internal Affairs
    Total Complaints
    Sustained
    Not Resolved/Dismissed
    Exonerated
    Actions Could Be Different
    No Misconduct
    Insufficient Evidence to Adjudicate
    Withdrawn
CLOSING MESSAGE

• This concludes the Los Santos Police Department's Monthly Bulletin for June. Thank you for taking the time to read through it and we hope you are excited for the next one. The Media Relations Division works hard to provide information about the LSPD to both employees and the public, but we couldn't do it without our division leaders keeping up with their own monthly updates for a timely release. If you have any suggestions, feedback, and comments, please contact the Media Relations Division through the means listed in the Contact Information tab.

* The statistics gathered for this month were mostly supplied by us tallying posts. There might be some human error in these statistics. If you are aware of any mistakes, please contact Media Relations.
    -
CONTACT INFORMATION
  • -
    Media Relations Division Public Inquiries
    Los Santos Police Department
    Sinner Street 69, Mission Row
    Los Santos, SA, 90013
mrdstamp
MEDIA RELATIONS DIVISION
Administrative Services Bureau
Los Santos Police Department — "To Protect and to Serve"

Account is not monitored. For information, consult the Public Affairs area.

Return to “Newsroom”