Monthly Bulletin 2104

The Newsroom contains all press releases of the Los Santos Police Department.
LSPD Media Relations
ECRP Forum Name:

Monthly Bulletin 2104

Post by LSPD Media Relations »

WWW.LSPD.SAGOV.US
Los Santos Police Department
Press Release
Thursday, May 6th, 2021
"TO PROTECT AND SERVE"

Monthly Bulletin 2104
- -
  • -
SCAVENGER HUNT

• This month, a Department-wide off-duty Scavenger Hunt event was organized by the Media Relations Division. The event took place on Friday, April 16th at 20:00. The objective in this event was to find certain designated locations as fast as possible based on a given set of clues. Various prizes were to be won throughout the event.
    -
  • -
    The attending officers met up at 20:00 at the Mission Row Parking Lot. From there, the officers were instructed about the event, which took place all over the State of San Andreas. At the instruction, all participating teams received a goodie bag. This bag did not only contain required certain enjoyable things like a drink, a bite to eat, and a telephone charger but also a well-needed map to be utilized throughout the event.

The event was spearheaded by the Assistant Commanding Officer of the Media Relations Division, Police Sergeant I Tim Havlicek:
Sergeant Tim Havlicek wrote:
The event was a great success. I am very glad we had such good attendance and that everything turned out so well. During these get-togethers, we, as colleagues have a unique opportunity to get to know each other better in a more relaxed environment. Day-to-day operations are stressful and there is simply no better feeling than finally being able to relax with the people you love and trust the most after a long, exhausting day. Family is what this is about, there is no other way to word it.
Our team hopes to host these events frequently for not only Officers but civilians as well. Ties with You, the community are very important as we strive to keep Los Santos a safe, and pleasant place for everyone.
  • -
    In total, the event had eight participating teams with up to five off-duty officers per team. The locations included but were not limited to, the Land Act Dam, Los Santos International Airport, and the Catfish Light tower. During the event, the attending officers were joined by Chief of Police Alex Donnelly, Deputy Chief Phillipe Sanchez, and Commissioners Samuel Osborn and Lewis Langley.
    -
  • -
    The event saw a lot of laughter, joy, and most importantly team-building. While a lot of teams came very close to the victory, in the end only one could be victorious. The winning team consisted of Police Detective III Samuele Colonna, Police Sergeant II Cyrus Carver, Police Captain I Lex Roth, Police Detective I Samuel Martin, and Police Officer III+1 Matthew Layton. We would like to congratulate the winners, as well as thanking everyone involved for their presence. We hope to see you all at the next event!

OFFICER OF THE MONTH

-
    Each month, one officer is selected by our Police Supervisors to receive this most prestigious award. This award is an overall congratulation for universal commitment, achievement, and excellence throughout the department. An officer who achieves this award is an exemplary member of the department who should be looked up to as an inspiration and role model.
    -

Police Officer II Josh Durry
    Police Officer II Josh Durry first joined the Los Santos Police Department in early July 2019. As a highly motivated and skilled individual Officer Durry achieved the rank of Police Officer II in 3 months' time prior to his first resignation in late January, 2020. Earning his mettle as a member of the Traffic Enforcement Division, now the Vinewood Traffic Division Officer Durry performed astoundingly well as a Traffic Officer - amassing vast operational and field experience. Officer Durry has performed on an exemplary level ever since being reassigned to the Gang Field Unit in late February this year but has shown great poise and fortitude for the month of April which earned him this prestigious award.

Officer Durry's sizable contributions to the Gang Field Unit and his unmatched field presence set him up for success as he continues to excel among his peers. As a certified pilot of the Air Support Division Officer Durry continuously manages to improve himself and create a healthy environment for his fellow colleagues to strive in. Officer Durry has shown great motivation in all aspects of policing, equally and sizably contributing to the Gang Field Unit and the Los Santos Police Department as a whole. Congratulations Officer Durry!

EMPLOYEE ADJUSTMENTS

• Reinstatements and Transfers
    This month we welcomed some familiar faces back to the Los Santos Police Department. Most were retired Officers who reinstated.

Police Cadet
    • Donovan Ace
    • Darnell Griffin
    • Jinju Kim
    • Mason Lee
    • Jack Mickelson
    • Rhys Paige
    • Jason Reed
    • Austin Thieman
-
  • Promotions
    We congratulate the following Officers on their hard work and dedication. These promotions are well deserved!

Image Police Sergeant II ► Image Police Lieutenant
    • Torsten Church
    Image Police Detective III ► Image Police Lieutenant
    • Jo Campbell
    • Jason Steel

Image Police Sergeant I ► Image Police Sergeant II
    • Patrick Callaway
    Image Police Officer III ► Image Police Officer III+1
    • Matthew Layton
    • Roderick Marchisio
    • Steve Martinez
    • Jessica Nash
    Image Police Officer II ► Image Police Officer III
    • Brent Adams
    • Kyle Brandon
    • Dexter Gillich
    • Kian Martin
    • Jack Mobray
    • Amir Sultan
    Image Police Officer I ► Image Police Officer II
    • Jett Albright
    • Rio Bourne
    • Cole Brett
    • Jimmy Hammels
    • Hector Hernandes
    • George Hill
    • Skye Luna
    • Evelyn Miller
    • Bailey Snow
    • Gustavo Waltz
    • Jordan Wealthmeer
    Police Cadet ► Image Police Officer I
    • Donovan Ace
    • Matthew Barret
    • Thomas Bennet
    • Mark Bloomfield
    • Bill Breacher
    • Killian Byrnes
    • Dai Chaos
    • Joseph Couch
    • Kevin Grabber
    • Roy Harryman
    • Suki Kingstone
    • Mike Luigi
    • Pavel Reznikov
    • William Tesla
    • Rayn Winters

FEATURED DIVISION

• The Field Training Division, commonly known by the abbreviation FTD, falls under the General Operations Bureau within the Los Santos Police Department. The mission of the Field Training Division is to provide the best possible training for new Police Cadets that have just passed the Police Academy and police personnel from other agencies who avail themselves of our services.

The Field Training Division has approximately 80 sworn Police Officers as members of their division, the highest total number of Police Officers that are part of a division throughout the Los Santos Police Department. The Commanding Officer of the Field Training Division is Police Captain I Dezzy Bala. The Assistant Commanding Officer of FTD is Police Lieutenant I Elizabeth Sanchez.
    -
  • -
    The training cycle consists of four up to six weeks of intensive on-the-job training and daily performance evaluations. Training is conducted and staffed by field training officers (FTOs) and FTO Sergeants. Field training officers have the dual responsibility of providing police service in their assigned beats, as well as conducting training and evaluations for new officers. Field training sergeants are responsible for the supervision of all personnel assigned to their teams and for coordinating and supervising the on-the-job training of recruit officers.

Police Cadets are required to meet specific performance standards in over fifteen performance categories before being certified for solo patrol duty. As the Police Cadets near the completion of their training period, the FTO program administers a formal examination to review the officer's performance as a solo beat officer. Officers who have performed at an acceptable level and pass the examination are recommended for retention as permanent employees. After completion of the FTO program, Police Cadets are brought up for promotion and, after being promoted to the rank of Police Officer I, assigned to a patrol precinct. During this time, the Police Cadet is evaluated on a daily basis by their patrol supervisors.
    -
  • -
    Police Captain I Dezzy Bala has been the Commanding Officer of the Field Training Division for over a year now and has a clear mission for his Division.
Captain Dezzy Bala wrote:
The Field Training Division is something I have held in the utmost regard during my time in the Los Santos Police Department. Firstly as a Cadet, where I learned what it means to be a Police Officer in our great city. Secondly as a Training Officer, where I tried to give instruction and advice to the next generation of the department and most recently, as the Commanding Officer of the division where it's trying to make sure that the Cadets are being looked after and the Training Officers are doing their duty to the letter.

It can be a challenge at times but it can also be incredibly rewarding. After a year in the role, I'd venture to say around half the current department has come through the Field Training Program while I've been the Commanding Officer of FTD. Considering our current levels of operation overall, I'd like to think that Field Training has been an integral cog in that machine. The department has changed and the training program has had to adapt but I'm extremely proud of the men and women that tirelessly work either to train or be trained every day. In quiet moments of reflection, it's a comforting thought to know how far we've come.

The only thing that excites me more than what we've done, is what we can do in the future.
  • -
    The Field Training Division continues refining and updating its program. The most significant change in recent months is the change from four to five mandatory Field Training Sessions for the Police Cadets. The main reason for this is to ensure a more personal hands-on approach from Field Training Officers to Police Cadets.

To join the Field Training Division, members of the Los Santos Police Department must hold the rank of Police Officer II at minimum. Recruitment is very strict and only the most dedicated and professional are accepted. Applicants subject to an extensive written test as well as a personalized background check.

FEATURED EMPLOYEE

• Police Lieutenant I Jo Campbell joined the Los Santos Police Department in June 2019. Prior to joining the force, they were previously careering in corrections at the San Andreas Department of Corrections. Lieutenant Campbell had no previous experience in Law-Enforcement before he joined. It was not an easy journey for him to adapt to the responsibilities that entail being a Law Enforcement Officer. However, the extensive Field Training Program that every aspiring officer goes through has prepared the future Lieutenant for his lengthy journey at his new home.
    -

Police Lieutenant I Jo Campbell
    -
    Lieutenant Campbell found an interest in the Detective Bureau since his earliest times in the department. Undergoing field training sessions with Detectives sparked his original interest in becoming part of the prestigious bureau. After rising through the ranks at the department, eventually, Lieutenant Campbell would become a select few chosen to be part of the Detective Bureau. From there he would eventually rise from a junior detective up until becoming the Assistant Commanding Officer of the Robbery-Homicide Division in 2020.

The then-detective would find his latest calling as the Assistant Commanding Officer of the Major Crimes Division following a re-structuring of the Detective Bureau. From here he oversees the Robbery-Homicide Unit as well as the Vice Unit, providing his rigorous leadership and extending his vision for the division. As part of the division Lieutenant Campbell strives to prevent all kinds of crime in the city, from financial frauds to heinous crimes involving shootings, always protecting the community that he serves.

The Lieutenant is also overseeing the Detective Support Unit, guiding the officers who are part of the division in their duties to support the investigations team. At the Detective Support Unit, most crime reports are assigned to members of the unit. These crime reports are most commonly assigned by no other than the Lieutenant himself. Not only this, but Lieutenant Campbell also assists in watching the progress of said crime reports and other case files in the unit.
    -
Lieutenant Jo Campbell wrote: I have had a great opportunity of being a part of numerous divisions and I am thankful to the people who have taught me or anyhow assisted me in reaching the positions I am in today. It started with me not having any law enforcement experience a couple of years ago, and now I am in a position to suggest the changes in making this department a better place for everyone. Police Officer job is no easy task and it can be extremely challenging at times. Not everyone sees good in us protecting the communities we all come from, yet it is our duty. Continuous hate towards law enforcement and mistreatment of other human beings is always painful, but that is one of the reasons why I chose this profession; to be the change in reducing crime and bringing more people to justice, protecting the vulnerable, and serving my community. All that is expected of us as police officers are that we do our duty to the letter of the law, and if we do not, we are not worthy of the positions we occupy.
  • -
  • -
    Besides his contributions to the Detective Bureau, Lieutenant Campbell is also one of the architects that created the complex cogs which operate the Recruitment and Employment Division. During the month of April, Lieutenant Campbell assisted in reworking the way recruitment is done for the department. This includes the interviews and fitness examinations being conducted, ensuring they are all as efficient as they can be.

Not only that, the month of April also saw Lieutenant Campbell's first silver bar during his promotion to Police Lieutenant from Police Detective. His exemplary performance and leadership were taken into account and an advancement in the department was provided to the Lieutenant. As a Lieutenant, on top of his fieldwork and investigative work also come the responsibilities of leading a division and being a senior supervisor in the department. Ensuring that those who represent the department does so in the most professional way they could, especially as being part of the Internal Affairs Group.

Lieutenant Campbell has had a long, awarding journey in the Los Santos Police Department during his nearly 2 years as part of the force. Despite that, Lieutenant Campbell also still has a long journey in front of him and will continue to provide his guidance and leadership to the members of the department. We congratulate the Lieutenant on his recent appointment as well as wish the best of luck for him in conducting his new responsibilities.

STATISTICS

CLOSING MESSAGE

• This concludes the Los Santos Police Department's Monthly Bulletin for April. Thank you for taking the time to read through it and we hope you are excited for the next one. The Media Relations Division works hard to provide information about the LSPD to both employees and the public, but we couldn't do it without our division leaders keeping up with their own monthly updates for a timely release. If you have any suggestions, feedback, and comments, please contact the Media Relations Division through the means listed in the Contact Information tab.

* The statistics gathered for this month were mostly supplied by us tallying posts. There might be some human error in these statistics. If you are aware of any mistakes, please contact Media Relations.
    -
CONTACT INFORMATION
  • -
    Media Relations Division Public Inquiries
    Los Santos Police Department
    Sinner Street 69, Mission Row
    Los Santos, SA, 90013
mrdstamp
MEDIA RELATIONS DIVISION
Administrative Services Bureau
Los Santos Police Department — "To Protect and to Serve"

Account is not monitored. For information, consult the Public Affairs area.

Return to “Newsroom”