LSPD Announces the Opening of La Mesa Precinct

The Newsroom contains all press releases of the Los Santos Police Department.
LSPD Media Relations
ECRP Forum Name:

LSPD Announces the Opening of La Mesa Precinct

Post by LSPD Media Relations »

The Los Santos Police Department is excited to announce the opening of the brand new La Mesa Precinct. Strong recruitment drives over the past several months have seen the Department's numbers soar to new heights, and with the existing precincts overloaded, the opening of La Mesa comes as a necessary move. With its own dedicated watch command and team of precinct supervisors, La Mesa will allow each and every one of the Department's officers get the supervision they need and attention they deserve.

Deputy Chief of
Police, Jay Bacon
It is with great pride that the Los Santos Police Department announces that we are expanding. The department has recently acquired a building in the La Mesa district, which will go under heavy renovations to come up to code for current operational requirements.

I am proud to announce that the new precinct will operate under the watchful eyes of Sergeant Hunter and Detective Campbell.

This is a large step for the Los Santos Police Department in our ever growing battle against gang violence and criminal organizations within the City. We look forward to the future as we take back more control of our city day by day.

Police Sergeant II,
Grace Hunter

Watch
Commander,
La Mesa Precinct
I am delighted to be accepting the position of Watch Commander for our new precinct La Mesa. I've been with Los Santos Police Department since August 2019 and in my time as an officer and supervisor I have grown past my own personal expectations. I am very excited to apply the same growth and success to our new precinct. I have learned a great deal as the Assistant Watch Commander of the Rockford precinct under the guidance and mentor ship of Lieutenant Mary Dinkley with plans to expand our qualities, values and morals to our officers in La Mesa.

La Mesa will be opening in the rural area on Popular Street where there has been a high crime rate up until recently, with criminal organisations using this area for their meeting grounds and personal headquarters. One of our goals with the new precinct is to drive crime out of the area and make it safe for our officers and civilians again.

As Los Santos Police Department expands, the La Mesa Watch Command team is excited to grow the precinct with officers full of high moral and standards. We will be doing this by creating a completely open and relaxed work environment for our officers, an open door policy with professional and high quality work ethic. We will also be working closely with the other precincts to keep relations and goals to a very high standard.

This is an exciting time in my career and I look forward to what La Mesa precinct brings to not only the Los Santos Police Department but to the city and civilians as a whole!

Police Detective II,
Jo Campbell

Assistant Watch
Commander,
La Mesa Precinct
I joined the Los Santos Police Department on the 16[sup]th[/sup] of July 2019. I have focused and aimed for the Investigations Bureau from the early days which I later joined in January 2020. Throughout my employment with the Los Santos Police Department I have had my ups and downs, have resigned in the past, yet, returned to the department to continue to protect and serve the community. Since joining the bureau I have spent my time on tackling more in-depth crime which requires more careful and deeper investigation, joining the Detective Support and Vice Division and then returning back to Robbery-Homicide Division. Once the bureau was merged with the existing precincts, I did not hesitate to return back to Mission Row precinct and move forward on becoming a Police Supervisor and working closely with the precinct staff, as well as other supervisors and command staff.

It is a great honour to join the La Mesa precinct as an Assistant Watch Commander and work directly with Police Sergeant II Grace Hunter in ensuring that the precinct begins to grow, expand and develop in the upcoming weeks as we start processing new transfers into our precinct. It's also an honour to join the Watch Command team as a Police Detective, something that hasn't been seen or done before. Moving forward, I cannot wait for what the future holds for us as a department, as well as a precinct.

As the Los Santos Police Department expands once more, we are both thrilled to see the idea of a new precinct being implemented. We will aim to implement a completely open and relaxed working environment for the precinct staff and precinct supervisors, an open-door policy, yet, with professional and high-quality work ethic, meeting and exceeding the department's expectations.

For me, personally, this is a completely new and fresh area to step in, however, we are both very excited to see what the future holds for both of us, as well as the precinct and the Los Santos Police Department.

La Mesa Police Officers will eventually be making use of the existing La Mesa Police Station, located on Popular Street in the La Mesa neighborhood of East Los Santos. The precinct covers the eastern part of Metropolitan Los Santos, covering the Los Santos River and all neighborhoods to its eastern side. This includes the neighborhoods of La Mesa, Mirror Park, Murrieta Heights, El Burro Heights, Cypress Flats, and Terminal, as well as the Palomino Highlands region of the San Andreas east coast.
This part of the city has long been plagued by gang violence, having been the home of several high profile organizations over time. The area was previously covered by Mission Row Precinct, which was by far the largest precinct in terms of land area. With the opening of a new precinct, response times will improve, and Mission Row will be able to focus more attention on the downtown and south-central neighborhoods of Los Santos while La Mesa covers the east. We wish La Mesa's Watch Command and supervisors well in building up this brand new precinct, and its officers good luck with handling their patrol area.

Police Detective III Belle Havana Cavallera, Assistant Commanding Officer
Los Santos Police Department's Public Relations
[email protected]

Los Santos Police Department Media Relations
[email protected]

mrdstamp
MEDIA RELATIONS DIVISION
Administrative Services Bureau
Los Santos Police Department — "To Protect and to Serve"

Account is not monitored. For information, consult the Public Affairs area.

Return to “Newsroom”