Monthly Bulletin - May

The Newsroom contains all press releases of the Los Santos Police Department.
LSPD Media Relations
ECRP Forum Name:

Monthly Bulletin - May

Post by LSPD Media Relations »

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

The Recruitment and Employment Division has been busy this month, processing 31 applicants through 3 separate academies. All 29 applicants subsequently graduated to become Police Cadets, filling all 40 of the Department's cadet slots. March has also seen the promotion of 27 Police Cadets following the completion of 115 Field training Sessions. We would like to recognize the excellent efforts of all of our Field Training Officers for their extraordinary efforts working with the intense recruitment drive this month.

In accordance with the growth of the Department, a new rank was introduced this month. The rank of Police Officer III+1 has been added above the rank of Police Officer III, and gives certain permissions as well as rank authority over the latter. Officers holding the rank of Police Officer III+1 are either taking part in the Supervisor Training Program or hold a senior rank within an internal division of the Department.

The addition of Police Officer III+1 to the rank authority is a necessary step for the Department. With recruitment ramped up and more Officers than ever, this position not only motivate current Police Officer IIIs who are not joining the Supervisor Training Program, but encourage the diversification of career paths through internal divisions of the Department, which have traditionally taken a secondary role. This month's changes will strengthen the Department's internal divisions with more motivated Officers as we continue to grow in numbers.

OFFICER OF THE MONTH, MAY 2020
    -
    Each month, ONE officer is selected by our Police Supervisors to receive this most prestigious award. This award is an overall congratulation for universal commitment, achievement, and excellence throughout the department. An officer who achieves this award is an exemplary member of the department and someone who should be looked up to as an inspiration and role-model.
    -

For the month of May, the Los Santos Police Department recognized the effort and dedication of Police Officer III Darion Rueb. This month, Officer Rueb built on his prior achievements and continued to churn out quality work across the board. He has accumulated 186.67 shift hours this month, and shown a great effort on paperwork filing 200 reports. This time has been spent well, with 4 Field Training Session and 12 Field Training Reports completed with the Field Training Division. His reports are detailed and his FTP sessions exemplary. Officer Rueb has been a very active member within Air Support Division as well, accumulating a lot of in-flight hours and assisting with a large number of pursuits from above.

Police Officer III Darion Rueb is originally from the Netherlands. He was born in a wealthy family, but never really cared about it as much as he cared about people he crossed paths with. He has seen the struggle all around him which inspired him to dedicate his time and life to helping others. Officer Rueb passed the police academy on June 17[sup]th[/sup], 2019 and joined the Los Santos Police Department full-time! Officer Rueb has grown into the team well, joined other Police Officers on their journey assisting civilians and ensuring the City of Los Santos becomes the safest place in the country!

For his achievement this month, Police Officer III Darion Rueb will be awarded with a salary increase to $8,000 for the month of June. We wish him a future of good service to the City of Los Santos.
  • Reinstatements and Transfers

This month we welcomed a lot of familiar faces back from retirement. Be sure to greet them if you see them!

Image Lieutenant
    • Alex Keller
    Image Detective I
    • Jason Steel
    Image Police Officer II
    • Callum James
    • Damien Blix
    Cadet
    • Alva Hills
    • Clyde Dillinger
    • Gary Taylor
    • Haytham Hawking
    • Paul Zucker
    • Zach Jones

• Promotions

We congratulate the following Officers on their hard work and dedication. These promotions are well deserved!

Image Captain ► Image Commander
    • Phillipe Sanchez
    • Xoza Shadow

Image Detective II ► Image Detective III
    • Lex Roth
    Image Detective I ► Image Detective II
    • Jo Campbell

Image Sergeant II ► Image Lieutenant
    • Zoey Deul
    Cadet ► Image Lieutenant
    • Alex Keller
    Image Sergeant I ► Image Sergeant II
    • Elizabeth Sanchez
    Image Police Officer III+1 ► Image Sergeant I
    • Torsten Church

Image Police Officer III ► Image Detective I
    • Jordan Stephenson
    Cadet ► Image Detective I
    • Jason Steel
    Image Police Officer III ► Image Police Officer III+1
    • Miles Logan

Image Police Officer II ► Image Police Officer III
    • Dante Watson
    • Darion Rueb
    • Jake McDuff
    • Samuel Martin
    Image Police Officer I ► Image Police Officer II
    • Bobby Monroe
    • Brian Chambers
    • Clint Houston
    • Darrell Brewster
    • Nathan Normandy
    • Patrick Callaway
    Cadet ► Image Police Officer II
    • Callum James
    • Damien Blix
    Cadet ► Image Police Officer I
    • Aaron Martin
    • Ash Slays
    • Audrey Hartwell
    • Austin West
    • Benny Fox
    • Christopher Roman
    • Colt Smith
    • Guilherme Tavares
    • Havi Rank
    • Jah Dinkley
    • Jessica Nash
    • Justin Knight
    • Maison Smart
    • Scott Reynolds
    • Tony Wayland
  • Learn more about our divisions by reading these division updates from the COs and ACOs below, and see what progress they have made in the month of May. If you are interested in joining one of these divisions, have a look at the Divisional Opportunities section of our website.
    Investigations Bureau

May 2020 - Bureau Update
    Investigations Bureau
    -
    • Introduction

• Leaving behind May and forward into June the Investigations Bureau continues it's great work to improvement and success. Today, another monthly update to present these successes of the last month and changes within. This will be the twenty-second monthly update that has been published, and the fifth update published for 2020.
      -

Roster Changes

• Every month, the Investigations Bureau goes through a variety of changes, such as new Officers being brought onto the team, or personnel career advancements of the department.

During May, the following roster changes have occurred.

The following Detective has successfully passed the Detective Training Program. Welcome to the Detective team!
      Image Police Officer III → Image Police Detective I
      • Jordan Stephenson
      Furthermore, we have had additional promotion within the Investigations Bureau. Congratulations!
      Image Police Detective I → Image Police Detective II
      • Jo Campbell
      Image Police Detective II → Image Police Detective III
      • Lex Roth
      Image Police Captain → Image Police Commander
      • Xoza Shadow
      Additionally, we have had the following Detective return to the team. Welcome back!
      • Lieutenant Alex Keller, Gangs and Narcotics Assistant Commander
      • Detective I Jason Steel, Gangs and Narcotics Detective
      Lastly, the following changes have been made to our division and bureau command rosters.
      • Lieutenant Alex Keller has reinstated into Investigations Bureau Command.
      • Detective III Mikael Cowell has been appointed as part of Investigations Bureau Command.
      • Detective II Belle Cavallera has been appointed as the Commanding Officer of the Detective Support & Vice Division.
      • Detective II Jo Campbell has been appointed as head of the Crime Report Unit.
      • Detective I Frank Moses has been appointed as a DSVD Lead Detective.
      -

Databases

• With our continued growing database we have consolidated much of our information into a centralized location for easier access, analysis and use for our investigators. While we continue to work on ensuring our team can efficiency and easily use these databases to quickly reference information and offer risk assessments and analysis, they can offer information including but not limited to locations, citizens, criminal activities, firearms, vehicles, businesses, and residences as needed.

This database has offered the department a lot of information over the years and has grown dramatically. Information is one of our greatest strengths against criminal activities and having a database like this has given not only our detectives a considerable advantage, but the department as a whole. It has allowed us to document and provide evidence and information against the criminal activities both organized and not. While not every system is perfect, it has allowed us often to get ahead of and even prevent further crime, including firearms trafficking, observing criminal activities, analyzing criminal business fronts and more.

It takes a lot of work to maintain these information databases and I want to thank each of our investigators that work with it. If you have any information or suspicions, if you see something, say something and send us an email allowing us to database and document any discovered information for analysis, it could one day save your life, or the life of your fellow officer.

-

Seized Contraband Statistics

• The Los Santos Police Department's Investigations Bureau has decided to release its statistics for the month of May 2020, in regards to the seizing of illegal contraband.

In the month of May, the following contraband has been seized:

Heavy Weapons
      • 32x Shrewsbury Assault Rifle
        • 2706 Assault Rifle (7.62x39mm) rounds
      • 19x Shrewsbury Micro SMG
        • 1040 Micro SMG (.45 ACP) rounds
      • 53x Shrewsbury Shotgun
        • 1048 Shotgun (12 gauge) rounds
      • 14x Hawk & Little SMG
        • 874 SMG (9x19mm) rounds
    • Firearms
      • 299x Hawk & Little Pistol .50
        • 8333 Pistol .50 (.50 AE) rounds
      • 147x Hawk & Little Heavy Pistol
        • 1247 Heavy Pistol (.45 ACP) rounds
      • 23x Hawk & Little Pistol
        • 702 Pistol (9x19mm) rounds
      • 3x Hawk & Little Combat Pistol
        • 147 Combat Pistol (.40 H&L) rounds
      Weapon Attachments
      • 196x Silencer
      • 56x (Extended) Clip
      • 21x Scope
      • 74x Flashlight
      • 17x Grip
      Final Statistics
      • 590 illegal weapons were seized.
      • 16097 rounds of live ammunition were seized (in seized weapons and separated).
      • In total, an estimated $7,907,140 worth of contraband seized. (Monetary value is not guaranteed to be one hundred percent accurate)
      A special thanks goes out to the Detective Support and Vice Division's database and all Police Officers and Detectives who have participated in logging these weapons for making these statistics a possibility.
      -

Monthly Bureau Statistics

• During the month of May:
      • A total of 27 case files have been opened.
      • A total of 34 case files have been closed.
      • A total of 21 case files are currently on-going. (Excluding Gangs and Narcotics statistics)
      • A combined total of 87 Investigation Patrol Logs have been posted.
      • A total of 590 illegal weapons have been seized. (01/MAY/2020 - 01/JUN/2020)
      -

End Note

• Thank you for taking the time to read through our May monthly Investigations Bureau update.

This concludes the twenty-second monthly Investigations Bureau update and the first I have published myself since assuming the Director position within the Investigations Bureau. I want to thank Assistant Chief Blake for making the Investigations Bureau what it is today and offering me the chance to step into her shoes and carry on her legacy while we continue to work together as the Investigations Bureau and its future. I hope to work with each one of you every day to make the Investigations Bureau successful. Congratulations and keep up the great work!

On behalf of Investigations Bureau Command,

Image Commander Xoza Shadow
      Director, Investigations Bureau
      Los Santos Police Department
    Air Support Division

Air Support Division Update - May 2020
    "TO PROTECT AND SERVE"
    • Division Update

• Hello Pilots!

Welcome to the twentyfirst update of the Air Support Division. The summer is now officially here and having a pair of sunglasses with you up in the air is not a bad idea. There has been been a little reduction in hours, however we are still doing great with 154.3 flight hours logged.

We would also like to congratulate Darion Rueb as our featured Pilot for the month of May! Rueb has logged a total of 36.8 hours this month. He has shown great dedication in the division and we'd like to see him keeping up his hard work.

I'd like to sum this update up by reminding all Junior Pilots that you are responsible to have completed the Junior Pilot Program within the 30 days. You are also responsible to keep a track on your hours. Remember that if there are concerns, you can always reach out to senior members of the division or email ASD Command directly.
    • Division Statistics

• A total of 154.3 hours have been logged this last month with an average of 3,85 hours across all pilots. Please don't forget to log your flight hours as that is one of the few ways to show your dedication and work in the division.

Roster changes
      Welcome to the Air Support Division pilots.
      • Darrell Brewster
      • Callum James
      Fly safe to those who have left us.
      • Robert Jeys
      The following promotions have happened within the month. Congratulations!
      • Robert Vandijk | Junior Pilot --> Pilot
    • Regards,
      Police Detective III Mikael Cowell
      Air Support Division - Chief Pilot

Lieutenant Zoey Deul,
      Commanding Officer,
      Air Support Division.
    Recruitment & Employment Division

Recruitment and Employment Division Update - May 2020
    "TO PROTECT AND SERVE"
    • Division Update

Dear Application Handlers and Academy Instructors,

• Welcome to the seventh monthly (and my last as Commanding Officer) update from the Recruitment and Employment Division. It seems that every month I've been stating how we've beaten the previous month's record for applications, but once again we've seen a substantial increase in the number of applications, we have received this month compared to last.

This month we've seen a number of changes to our divisional roster;

Reinstatements to the Team;
      • Police Detective I Jason Steel | Reinstated as an Application Handler
      • Police Lieutenant Robert Reynolds | Reinstated as an Application Handler
      I'd like to thank you all for the effort you've put into the division this month, this month's most dedicated Application Handler has been Police Detective II Jo Campbell who reviewed a total of 39 applications and participated in a total of 7 interviews this month! Given the effort he has been putting into the division he has been promoted to Senior Application Handler!

In addition to Detective Campbell's promotion, Police Detective II Steve Martinez and Police Sergeant I Torsten Church have completed their Probationary periods and are being promoted to Full Application Handlers! Police Sergeant II Lukas Montana has been promoted to Senior Application Handler also!

Finally, Police Sergeant II Grace Hunter will be joining the Recruitment and Employment Division Command Team as a RED Supervisor! Congratulations to all of those who have received a well-earned promotion!

• Division Statistics

• During the Month of May, the LSPD has handled a total of 94 applications. 35 of these applications were successful with the applicant passing their interview and attending an Academy or preparing to attend an Academy. 14 applications from April are currently on-going. 43 Applications resulted in a denial with 2 applications being withdrawn.

On the Academy aspect of the division, this month a total of 3 Academies were hosted by Academy Instructors this month, with a total of 31 applicants attending to receive the training required to join the department as a Police Cadet.
    • Sincerely,
      Captain Scott Dunbar
      Recruitment and Employment Division Commanding Officer
    Field Training Division
    Dear Field Training Officers,

The update this month will be slightly different. This month, it will be a little more personal from me. I joined the field training command team towards the end of May in 2019 and joined Daniels Shelby and John Wallace in leading the division to raise overall standards both of cadet's outcomes and training officer's competency to teach. Soon after joining the command team, I was appointed ACO of the division then very soon after CO of the division. I have been a part of leading field training leadership in the LSPD for exactly a year and it is safe to say that the division and what it stands for in the department is very dear to me on a personal level. With that, I feel it is time to pass on leadership to someone who has been a valuable asset since I took on the task. This person has been key in many of the great changes that have made the FTD what it is today and I can happily say that I am proud of both their and the division's growth with them working closely with me. I can confidently say that the FTD is the best it has ever been in this department and it would not have been possible without the commitment and effort of this individual. Therefore, it gives me great pleasure to announce that Sergeant Dezzy Bala will hereby be promoted to the Commanding Officer role within the Field Training Division - Congratulations Sergeant!

Myself and Sergeant Bala have a fantastic working relationship as proven by the amazing evolution of the division and I am confident that we can continue to work together well as he takes on more of a leadership role with myself overlooking as the Director of the Bureau.

Statistics for May
    Throughout the month of May, 115 unique field training sessions and 118 formal observations were conducted meaning that there were over 230 formal interactions with cadets throughout May which is fantastic - Well done everyone!
      The month of May saw us introduce 8 new Field Training Officers into the Field Training Division - Welcome all!
      • Police Officer II - James Hawkes
      • Police Officer II - Patrick Callaway
      • Police Officer II - Percival Banks
      • Police Officer II - Dominic Ace
      • Police Officer II - Mason Brewster
      • Police Officer II - Alex Tanner
      • Police Officer II - Tobias Lee
      • Police Officer II - Lucky Monroe
      This month we have successfully passed 27 Cadets through the Field Training Program and are proud to see how well they have done This is also a new record on graduating Cadets for a single month!.
      • Ash Slays
      • Benny Fox
      • Guilherme Tavares
      • Colt Smith
      • Austin West
      • Gary Tosh
      • Scott Reynolds
      • Richard Bach
      • Jah Dinkley
      • Justin Knight
      • Maison Smart
      • Jessica Nash
      • Aaron Martin
      • Scott Moore
      • Christopher Roman
      • Audrey Hartwell
      • David Ford
      • Glenn Trigger
      • Clay Street
      • Gary Taylor
      • Jayson Powell
      • Myles Duglin
      • Cian Moore
      • Alex Bryant
      • Jade Edwards
      • Kro Schnieder
      • Clyde Dillinger
      For the month of May, the Field Training Division Command has decided to make Police Officer III Mark Sloan our Field Training Officer of the Month. This month, Officer Sloan has had the joint highest FTS count with well-written reports. Officer Sloan conducted 9 formal field training sessions and 3 observation reports - Well done! Furthermore, Officer Sloan is always willing to assist Cadets and takes lead on training many times throughout his shift. This award entitles Officer Sloan to a salary bonus of $5000 (($50,000)), paid directly from the Commanding Officer of the Field Training Division.

Be sure to congratulate Officer Sloan whenever you see him on duty.

Regards,
      Commander Phillipe Sanchez
      Director, Police Training Bureau
      :( Previous Commanding Officer of the Field Training Division :(
      Media Relations Division

Media Relations Division Update - April 2020
      "TO PROTECT AND SERVE"
      • Division Update

• During the past few months, the Media Relations Division has seen a lot of changes, ranging from its internal structure to its leadership and members. With the resignation of then Commanding Officer, Commissioner Lewis Langley, Police Detective Campbell and myself were appointed to lead the division by the new Chief of Police Alex Donnelly. In the following weeks, the Media Relations Division saw several resignations and was reduced to a shadow of its former self.

It was at this stage that we decided to essentially wipe the division clean, holding onto only its core purposes and trademarks. Working together with the Chief of Police, we set out new goals for the division looking forward and began to build on the rubble left behind. Our current goals are humble; to publish 2 press releases every month in addition to the Monthly Bulletin. Every member of the Media Relations Division is expected to contribute to these tasks in some form.

With a simple mission in mind, Police Detective Campbell and myself set to work simplifying the internal structure of the Media Relations Division. The rank authority was redefined for each rank to more clearly reflect its role in the division. The restructuring also saw the removal of the Senior Media Relations Liaison, and leaving the Spokesperson rank as the only supervising rank within the division. Additionally, a new training program intended to prepare Spokespersons for their great responsibilities, something that has long been planned, is finally in the works. With the changes to the internal ranks, divisional call-signs were also updated to be more in line with those seen in the rest of the department. You can reference your new call-signs on the roster.

To combat the falling membership numbers of the division, the application process was also assessed and modernized to encourage new applicants and increase productivity. However, the Media Relations Division had never had a complete handbook, so I set to work on creating one from scratch based entirely on our new vision for the division going forward. The first phase of this handbook is complete and was approved by High Command last month, with the second phase being the Spokesperson Training Program. There is also a change-log for this handbook to inform you of any changes. It is vital that you are subscribed to this forum. With an approved handbook, Media Relations Division Recruitment was officially opened for the first time in a while last month.

We look forward to seeing what the future brings for the Media Relations Division. With revamped structure and a fresh goal in mind, there are bright times ahead, and we are excited to see what you all can do for the Department. Please continue to reach out to us with feedback and questions as we work to further refine the division, and keep up the excellent work.

Police Detective II Jo Campbell, Commanding Officer
      Los Santos Police Department's Public Relations
      (213) 237-2507— [email protected]

Police Detective II Belle Havana Cavallera, Assistant Commanding Officer
      [email protected]

Los Santos Police Department Media Relations
      [email protected]

This concludes the Los Santos Police Department's Monthly Bulletin for May. Thank you for taking the time to read through it and we hope you are excited for the next one. The Media Relations Division works hard to provide information about the LSPD to both employees and the public, but we couldn't do it without our division leaders keeping up with their own monthly updates for a timely release. If you have any suggestions, feedback, and comments, please contact the Media Relations Division through the means listed in the Contact Information tab.

We would like to give a special thanks to the following personnel for making this monthly release possible:
      • Chief of Police Alex Donnelly
      • Media Relations Division
      • Commanding Officers of Each Division
      * The statistics gathered for this month were mostly supplied by us tallying posts. There might be some human error in these statistics. If you are aware of any mistakes, please contact Media Relations.

Police Detective II Jo Campbell, Commanding Officer
    (213) 237-2507— [email protected]

Police Detective II Belle Havana Cavallera, Assistant Commanding Officer
    [email protected]

Los Santos Police Department Media Relations
    [email protected]

mrdstamp
    MEDIA RELATIONS DIVISION
    Administrative Services Bureau
    Los Santos Police Department — "To Protect and to Serve"

Account is not monitored. For information, consult the Public Affairs area.

Return to “Newsroom”