Stolen Vehicle returned to rightful Owner

The Newsroom contains all press releases of the Los Santos Police Department.
LSPD Media Relations
ECRP Forum Name:

Stolen Vehicle returned to rightful Owner

Post by LSPD Media Relations »

The Los Santos Police Department hit headlines this week when a upstanding member of the Los Santos community had their expensive vehicle stolen by petty scammer in the run up to the festive season.

Mr Jefferson, 34, was pulled over as a passenger on a traffic stop by eagle eyed Chief Jay Bacon, initially for driving too fast. Upon further investigation by the Chief, it came to light that the speeding vehicle had in fact been pursuing Mr. Jefferson's Cheetah Classic, a rare high performance classic sports vehicle. The cheetah was painted with a metropolitan rose pink, a far cry from the battle blues of the Los Zetas and the rage filled reds of the Triads. This man was clear just trying to make his way in our city and unfortunately fill victim like so many do, of trusting the wrong person.

It emerged Mr Jefferson sort private sale of the vehicle after repeated attempts at a public sale at the High End dealership lead to nothing but failure, frustration and tyre treads full of sand. Despite Mr. Jefferson's hysterics, Chief Bacon and his patrol partner of several years had been here many times before. The details of the vehicle were taken, a be-on-the-lookout notice was placed and the wait began.

In a city where almost 35% of all vehicles are stolen at least once during a person's ownership, it is slightly uncommon for a vehicle to be returned to it's owner in one piece, due in part to the operation of illegal chop shops in both Blaine County and the CIty itself. Chief Bacon was determined not to let this slide however, dilligently checking police records to see if there was a pattern and also sort the help of the recently formed Sheriffs Department, an aspiring police department in their own right, in the hope that the vehicle could be retrieved.

The thief however was however a petty criminal. Mr. Dovolenko had a history of scamming and petty theft including the shameful robbery of a Non-Profit Organisation earlier this year. The Sheriffs Department contacted Chief Bacon with a possible hit, they detained the individual and upon arriving at the scene, it was confirmed that Mr. Dovolenko was indeed the guilty party when CCTV at the Los Santos bank matched the statements.

Mr. Dovolenko had forced Mr. Jefferson to sign over the ownership, stole the money back and fled the scene but through the teamwork of San Andreas law enforcement, the Cheetah was returned to it's rightful owner and Mr. Dovolenko once again find himself confined within the dingy cells of our state penitentiary.

Contacted after by the Media Relations Team, Mr. Jefferson commented:
Just want to let you know how appreciative i am of you and your officers for your work on that day; without you guys i would be sitting depressed after losing a very expensive car.

I know how rare it is to be able to obtain a scammed car back but i guess it was my lucky day to have two high command officers on scene. I cant thank you enough and i hope i see you soon around the city in a leisurely way.

Yours sincerely, Diggerson Jefferson

Police Captain Lewis Langley, Commanding Officer
Los Santos Police Department's Public Relations
(213) 516-1554 — [email protected]

Police Officer III Jo Campbell, Media Relations Liaison
Los Santos Police Department's Public Relations
(213) 237-2507— [email protected]

mrdstamp
MEDIA RELATIONS DIVISION
Administrative Services Bureau
Los Santos Police Department — "To Protect and to Serve"

Account is not monitored. For information, consult the Public Affairs area.

Return to “Newsroom”