MESSAGE FROM THE OFFICE OF THE CHIEF OF POLICE

The Newsroom contains all press releases of the Los Santos Police Department.
Alex Donnelly
Police Commissioner
ECRP Forum Name: Kris

LSPD Awards for Service

LSPD Awards for Bravery

SASG Awards

Post by Alex Donnelly »

WWW.LSPD.SAGOV.US
Los Santos Police Department
Press Release
Sunday, November 24th, 2019
"TO PROTECT AND SERVE"

-
  • -

This is a personal message from the Interim Chief of Police Alex Donnelly;
    The city saw a very sudden and unexpected departure of one of the finest law enforcement officers, November 22nd, Chief of Police Mick Reefer. The sudden retirement of Chief Reefer now means that the Los Santos Police Department will have to undergo a necessary change.

When I was appointed Chief of Staff by Chief Reefer, I was astonished, to say the least. I had never thought that my service to this Department and city had meant to much, and I had never expected to look at myself in the mirror and admire the stars on my collar. After settling in as this Department's Chief of Staff, I had found a calling, and it's because of that call, that I am writing this today.

I became a Police Officer with the Los Santos Police Department because I admired the impeccable service that the men and women provided to the City of Los Santos and its inhabitants, every single day. I wanted to partake and do my part, and when I put on the uniform for the very first time, I had found a new home with brothers and sisters surrounding me. To this day, being on patrol with officers and getting involved with the communities around the City of Los Santos, has been one of my most favorable moments, and it's something that I wouldn't want to give up.

Becoming Chief of Staff allowed me to be more directly involved in all areas of the Department while serving the Chief of Police and upholding the core values and principles that were this Department was founded on. It also allowed me to retain the ability to work with officers directly in the field, which is the main reason why I first joined law enforcement.

With Chief Reefer's retirement, the Chief of Police position became vacant. And today, I announce, that after meetings with the Board of Commissioners with San Andreas State Government, I will not be accepting this position, and instead, I will carry on with my efforts as the Chief of Staff. Instead I would like to announce that after lengthy deliberations and meetings with the Board of Commissioners, I put forth a recommendation for a plan of action, and part of that plan was to appoint somebody else as the Chief of Police, someone who has successfully revived this Department in the past and partook in its creation, Sheriff Samuel Osborn.

This plan was discussed with Sheriff Samuel Osborn, Undersheriff John Wallace as well as the Board of Commissioners. And it was agreed that Sheriff Samuel Osborn, will be returning to the Los Santos Police Department to succeed Chief of Police Mick Reefer.

For those who are not familiar with Chief Osborn, he has led this Department on two occasions, and his leadership has never failed us. His ability to connect with the city, its people and institutions are what made the Los Santos Police Department so successful, and I believe that now more than ever, do we need to strengthen our relations with the city, state, and its institutions. Most of what you see in the Department today was originally founded by Chief Osborn and the men and women who served under him throughout his period of leadership. Chief Osborn recently returned from retirement after having to succeed the late Sheriff John Norman following the unexpected and sudden accident which led to his death.

So effective immediately, I would like to once again inform the City of Los Santos, the men, and women of the Los Santos Police Department, that I will not be campaigning for the role of Chief of Police, and instead, I will be welcoming Chief Samuel Osborn back into the Los Santos Police Department.
-
  • For Information, Contact:

Deputy Chief Jay Bacon, Commanding Officer
    Los Santos Police Department's Public Relations
    (213)516-1554 — [email protected]
POLICE COMMISSIONER Alex Donnelly
Los Santos Police Department — "To Protect and to Serve"

Return to “Newsroom”