Monthly bulletin - May

The Newsroom contains all press releases of the Los Santos Police Department.
LSPD Media Relations
ECRP Forum Name:

Monthly bulletin - May

Post by LSPD Media Relations »

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

• -
    The month of May is behind us and now we've officially entered summer, and we expect heatwaves to be at an all-time high and thus it's imperative that we all stay safe and watch over one another. May was a quiet month in the Los Santos Police Department, unfortunately, the Los Santos Police Department suffered from old technology breaking down and rendering our systems functionless for the majority of the month, thus halting recruitment and development in the Department. However, due to the Government's quick effort, we weren't rendered functionless for long and have since then recovered.

I would like to take time to recognize the appointment and promotion of Deputy Chief Alex Donnelly. Chief Donnelly has been with the Los Santos Police Department since 11th of August, 2017 - and has since served in a wide variety of positions, but he found his foothold in our Office of Support Services where he focused the majority of his time improving our Basic Training and Human Resouces division. After he achieved his goals in the Office of Support Services, he moved onto Office of Operations where he assisted me with day-to-day operations along with Commander Marco Davis. Due to his impeccable effort in Office of Operations and his reliability, he was appointed the Director of Office of Operations.

I would also like to bring attention to a change that only affects the Command Team of the Los Santos Police Department. To ensure that our Command Team only consists of the best possible officers, we introduced the Command Training Program and two new 'bonus' ranks in Command, Lieutenant II and Captain II. The Command Training Program aims to evaluate officers and their capability to perform as Commanding Officers both in and outside of the field, as our Command Team is the tip of the spear of the Los Santos Police Department and its development.

We currently have a recruitment drive going and I encourage interested citizens to partake in our ride-along program to see if a career in the Los Santos Police Department would be for them. The Department is currently focused on hiring new officers for the night shift, as we lack coverage in that shift, but we welcome everyone interested to try and start a career here regardless. (( North American / Oceanic Timezone ))

Moving onto the month of June, there are no major changes, implementations or events on the horizon, but we've grown used to adjusting to things as we move on, so who knows, anything could happen. Please take care of one another.

Chief of Police Samuel Osborn
  • Officer Quinn, was born in Oxford, United Kingdom. However, shortly after moved to the United States with the rest of her family where she lived for the rest of her life.
    Before rejoining the Los Santos Police Department she has used to be employed with the Los Santos Emergency Medical Services under Chief Kalić as a Paramedic Commander, in charge of the field training program. While she enjoyed her time with the Los Santos Emergency Services, she decided to resign due to personal reasons and the plan was to retire, however a few weeks into the retirement she began to miss being in the field and helping people. And felt as if my time with the Los Santos Emergency Medical Services was over, so she decided to reinstate to the Los Santos Police Department to continue helping the people of Los Santos.

She first joined the department on the third of August, 2018, however after resigning, she reinstated into the department on the 17th of March, 2019.
    She joined the Los Santos Police Department as she wished to continue helping the citizens of Los Santos after my departure from the Los Santos Emergency Medical Services. As she had been apart of the department prior, then it seemed like the most obvious choice as she wished to continue working in the emergency services sector.

Officer Quinn has recently joined the Investigations Bureau, and we wish her the best of luck with that. If she chooses to choose a different path however, we wish her the best of luck with that as well.

Officer Quinn was selected as the Featured Officer of the Month due to her high-detail in paperwork, both mandatory and optional. And her high level of field experience. She is the prime example of what the department looks for in officers, and we believe she represents the department perfectly.
  • Image Captain I Image Captain II
    • Jay Bacon
    Image Lieutenant I Image Lieutenant II
    • Robert Reynolds
    Image Sergeant I Image Sergeant II
    • John Wallace
    Image Detective I Image Detective II
    • Jason Steel
    Image Police Officer III Image Detective I
    • Ryan Torres
    Image Senior Lead Officer Image Sergeant I
    • Mary Dinkley
    Image Police Officer III Image Senior Lead Officer
    Image Police Officer II Image Police Officer III
    • Eleanor Quinn
    • Kristofer Avens
    Image Police Officer I Image Police Officer II
    • Audrey Sanchez
    • Edward Sharp
    • Cleetus Sanchez
    • Chris Carwyn
    • Pavel Reznikov
    • Mikey Johnson
    • Shen Wong
    • Pierce Hardy
    • Robert Jeys
    Cadet Image Police Officer I
    • Mikael Cowell
    • Brad Biggins
    • James Paige
    • Carl Backwell
    • Liam Gunarr
    • Lex Roth
    • Hans Nagasaki
    • Marcus Levonn
    • John Warren
    • Earnie Shavers
    • Joshua White
    • Harry Hornsby
    • Papa Stouch
    • Colby Blix
    • Craig McFindlay
    • Jason Rekram
    • Mason Smith
    • Jimmy Johnway
    • Tom Brown
    • John Roberston
    • Olatunji Osas
    • Skye Luna
    • Scott Dunbar
    • Patrick Ferrera
    • Thomas Foster
    • Clint Masterson
    • James Ramsay
    (Reinstatement and normal) Applicant Cadet
    • Adam Williams
    • Tevin Smith
    • Elizabeth Axton
    • Marcus Love
    • Philip Darling
    • Paulo Witherfork
    • Carlo Douglas
    • Samuele Colonna
    • Mason Lee
    • Cyrus Raven
    • Bobby Monroe
    • Aaron Debose
    • Elise De la Croix
    • Zoey Deul
l

• We have made great strides in our departmental divisions, welcomed some new faces, and said farewells to some old ones. Please read below about some divisional updates from the COs and ACOs themselves, and what progress they have made in the month of November.
    Investigations Bureau May Update
    Hello Investigators and Detectives, and welcome to the tenth monthly update of the Investigations Bureau! With this update, we would like to introduce everyone to all changes and updates that have been made within the Bureau last month, as to let you all know and include you all in what is happening in the Bureau.
    During the month of May, we have had several roster changes within the Investigations Bureau ranging from internal changes or promotions to Investigators or Detectives progressing through the ranks in the Police Department.

During the month of May, we have had the following Investigators and Detectives promoted. Congratulations!
    Image Police Officer III → ImagePolice Detective I
    • Ryan Torres
    ImagePolice Detective I → Image Police Detective II
    • Jason Steel
    We have also had to part with the following member(s) of the Investigations Bureau. Farewell!
    • Walt Kozak
    And finally, the following Investigators have reinstated into the Investigations Bureau. Welcome back!
    • Alex Keller
    Following a discussion by the Office of Investigations leadership and the Investigations Bureau Command team, which was started by a suggestion made by then Detective Walt Kozak, we have taken section 7 from our handbook and completely revised it. This section's two subsections were replaced with the following three new subsections:
    -
    • 7.1 - Plain Clothing
    • 7.2 - Undercover
    • 7.3 - Deep Cover
    -
    With that said, we would like to show our appreciation to Detective Kozak, may his soul rest in peace, for providing drafts of how he thought our handbook section should look, which has lead to the revision to offer more clarification regarding our already existing protocols surrounding our various kinds of patrols and operations.
    -
    -
    In this month's Investigations Bureau update, I would like to recognize the astonishing effort, dedication and passion that Detective II Jason Steel has shown for the Investigations Bureau and his work in the bureau and his respective division. Detective Steel was accepted into the Investigations Bureau on the 1st of April, 2019. Since then, he has risen through the ranks and reached the rank of Police Detective II and has become a full Detective of the Gangs and Narcotics Division, under the command of Detective Logan Cross.

His performance on the field is more than satisfactory as he continues to work with our Special Weapons and Tactics division to take down and arrest highly dangerous and wanted individuals, as well as to take our Investigators out on patrols, shaping our future Detectives.

Detective Steel continues to show his passion towards the Investigations Bureau with the effort he puts into even the smallest things, such as his Investigation Patrol Logs with which he has continuously had the majority percentage of the monthly number of Investigation Patrol Logs ever since becoming a part of the bureau.

Detective Steel will be awarded a bonus payment of $5,000.00 (( $50,000.00 )).

Please note that not every month has a guaranteed Detective Recognition; it is something that is up to the discretion of the Investigations Bureau command team. However, do not let this demotivate you - we appreciate the work every single one of you put in every day. Without you all, the Investigations Bureau would not be where it is today.
    During the month of May:
    • A total of 12 cases have been opened.
    • A total of 7 cases have been closed.
    • A total of 9 cases are currently being actively investigated. (Excluding Gangs and Narcotics statistics)
    • A combined total of 65 Investigation Patrol Logs have been posted.
    • 1 Investigator has passed their Detective Evaluative Test.
    • 1 Detective has passed their Supervisor Evaluative Test.
    On a final note, we would like to thank you all for reading through the tenth monthly Investigations Bureau update post. We greatly appreciate all the work every single one of you puts in every day to make the Investigations Bureau successful.
    Once again, congratulations to all those who got promoted, and keep up the good work!

Police Commander Elena Blake
    Investigations Bureau Coordinator

Police Commander Lewis Langley
    Investigations Bureau Assistant Coordinator
    Advanced Training Division May update

Los Santos Police Department

Advanced Training Division
    "TO PROTECT AND SERVE"

• Hello and welcome to the monthly update for Advanced Training Division. May has been a quiet, but successful month for us, where we got new instructors and created a new rank.

Statistics for the division during May:
      • 2 Scene Management Certifications took place.
      • 1 High Speed Motorcycle Unit Certification.
      • 1 High Speed Interception Unit Certification.
      • 13 Accepted Firearms Certifications.
      • 3 Denied Firearms Certifications.
      Roster changes:
      • Two new instructors were brought into the division.
      • A new rank was created, Head Instructor, which is included in ATD Command.
      • Harry Payne was promoted to Head Instructor.

• From
      Lieutenant Robert Reynolds
      Vespucci Watch Commander
      Internal Affairs Assistant Commanding Officer
      Advanced Training Division Commanding Officer
    Traffic Enforcement Division May Update
    Once again, we are proud of the hard work done by our officers during this month. During this month, this division has had several changes and improvements, along with greatly increasing the number of traffic enforcement patrols. Recent changes in the Traffic Enforcement Division:
      • Since 22 May 2019, the usage of the police interceptor has been restricted to TED certified officers and Supervisor +. Read the full release here.
      • We had an application record registered on our recruitment desk during this month. A total of 13 probationary traffic officers joined TED during this month.
      • We created a Training Team, mostly composed by Traffic Officer III+.
      • We created a Interceptor Certification Evaluation, conducted by Training Traffic Officers.
      • We consider Traffic Enforcement Evaluation is having positive results in the division.
      • We created a new rank inside the division: Head Inspector of the Traffic Enforcement Division.
      • We conducted a total of 2 registered Traffic Operations, being one of them a big deploy with a thorough plan. We would like to give special thanks to Traffic Officer III Mary Dinkley who planned and supervised the operation. In addition we would like to thank all the officers assisting during the operation. Thank you for make Traffic Enforcement Division possible!

Traffic Reports

We can happily say during this month our traffic officers filled a total of 35 Traffic Patrol Reports. This number hasn't been reached before, and it's a great achievement showing our officers are getting involved in the division. From here, we encourage them to keep working hard and maintaining this great level of work.

Personnel Changes

The division now has a total of 38 (thirty-eight) officers, nine more than the previous month. Also this is another achievement showing the division is growing fantastically. They are divided in: 11 (eleven) Probationary Traffic Officers, 14 (fourteen) Traffic Officers I, 5 (five) Traffic Officers II, 6 (six) Traffic Officers III, 1 (one) Inspector and 2 (two) Head Inspectors.
    The following officers joined TED, assuming the rank of Probationary Traffic Officer:
      • Dezzy Bala
      • Audrey Sanchez
      • John Robertson
      • Colby Blix
      • Lex Roth
      • Scott Dunbar
      • Tom Brown
      • Jimmy Jonway
      • Chloe Payne
      • Harry Hornsby
      • Joshua White
      • Tom Fredrico
      • Richard Langston
      • Matthieu Rey
      • Kyle Bran
      • Skye Luna
      • Havi Rank

This month we have had 15 (fifteen) promotions for traffic officers, and they are:
      • Harry Payne to Head Inspector of the Traffic Enforcement Division
      • Josh Paige to Head Inspector of the Traffic Enforcement Division
      • Mary Dinkley to Inspector
      • Marshall Rias to Traffic Officer III
      • Ilai Daniels to Traffic Officer III
      • Robert Jeys to Traffic Officer I
      • Kristofer Avens to Traffic Officer I
      • Jimmy Jonway to Traffic Officer I
      • Harry Horsnby to Traffic Officer I
      • Tom Brown to Traffic Officer I
      • Mikey Johnson to Traffic Officer I
      • Dezzy Bala to Traffic Officer I
      • Edward Sharp to Traffic Officer I
      • Chloe Payne to Traffic Officer I
      • Colby Blix to Traffic Officer I

*Congratulations and keep up the hard work!

We would like to welcome back:
      • Pierce Hardy, assuming the rank of Traffic Officer I.
      • Thomas Foster, assuming the rank of Traffic Officer II.

We've also had 4 traffic officers resign, and we would like to thank them for their service, specifically:
      • Gary Hunter
      • Ollie Higgins
      • Shen Wong
      • Arnold Williams

Looking Forward to June

The division is growing positively and we are very proud of our officers. We will keep introducing new perks into the division, making it better for the officers who love to enforce the traffic laws in Los Santos. This month we reached some great numbers and we are looking forward to improve on them in June.

Traffic Officer III Marshall Rias
    Traffic Enforcement Division Training Officer

Commander Marco Davis
    Central Bureau Area Coordinator
    Traffic Enforcement Division Commanding Officer

S.W.A.T. Division May Update
    Hello Readers!

Welcome to the seventh update of the Special Weapons and Tactics Division, where we would like to introduce you all to the updates that occurred within the division during the month of May. Please read through carefully as it will hold important information.

Roster changes

Here are the changes to the roster in the month of May, congratulations to all that were promoted and welcome to those who have joined us in the last month. Keep up the good work!

New members:
    • Pierce Hardy
    • Mikey Johnson
    • Dezzy Bala
    • Chris Carwyn
    • Pavel Reznikov

Promotions:
    • Paulo Witherfork | Resigned -> Senior Operative
    • Phillipe Sanchez | Trail Senior Operative -> Senior Operative
    • Ilai Daniels | Operative -> Trail S.W.A.T. Instructor
    • john Martinez | Probationary Operative -> Operative
    • Pierce Hardy | Applicant -> Operative
    • Mikey Johnson | Applicant -> Probationary Operative
    • Dezzy Bala | Applicant -> Probationary Operative
    • Chris Carwyn | Applicant -> Probationary Operative
    • Pavel Reznikov | Applicant -> Probationary Operative

Division Updates

Statistics
    During the month of March, there has been 22 total deployments across 9 operatives. 4 of them were David Patrols, no passive deployments, and 18 Active Deployments. This means 81% of all S.W.A.T. Deployments in March were extreme situations. This is our second month tracking a month at a time. Compared to last month, the number of Active Deployments and Passive Deployments dropped significantly.

This will be addressed within S.W.A.T. sue to the lack of passive deployments being logged. We will be making sure that all deployments are logged in this new, correct and efficient way.

Final Thoughts and Moving Forward

This month has not being anything different to S.W.A.T, we have welcomed in 5 new operatives from the recruitment drive and so have been working and focusing on getting them trained up to the standard we expected in S.W.A.T. We will be having some more in depth training's soon and hope that we can get the general skill and response time up of our teams. The current strike team set up will be changed soon enough as we integrate the new operatives and reintroduce the 4th team.

Thank you all for your hard work and dedicating your lives to protect the civilians of Los Santos.

Commander - Lieutenant I Enzo Buzzuto
    Assistant Commander - Sergeant II Josh Paige
    Special Weapons and Tactics Command

Air Support Division May Update

Air Support Division Update - May 2019
    "TO PROTECT AND SERVE"

Hello Pilots!
    Welcome to the Ninth update of the Air Support Division where we would like to introduce you all to the updates within the division for the month of May. We are looking to get these made for each month to let you all know what is happening within the division, and any upcoming changes to the division. We hope this will help to include you all more, and inform you of changes prior to them happening, so you can all come forward with suggestions of things that you all would like to see change within the Air Support Division.

Roster changes
    We have recently bought on several new pilots to the Junior Pilot Program. We would like to take this opportunity to extend a warm welcome to the following talented individuals:
    • Mikey Johnson
    • Dezzy Bala
    • Edward Sharp
    • Pavel Reznikov
    • Papa Stouch
    The following Pilots resigned or been removed from the Air Support Division and we thank them for their service to the division.
    • Richard Langston
    • Tom Fredrico
    The following promotions have also happened within the month of March. Congratulations to the following Pilots, and remember to reach out to a Senior Pilot or higher and schedule the Junior Pilot Examination with them if you have reached the requirement of 10 flight hours and feel ready to take on the test.

• Kristofer Avens |Pilot -> Pilot First Class
    • Robert Reynolds | Reinstatement -> Pilot
    Division Information

We will be looking to revamp the Tactical Pilot Program in the near future to enable members of ASD to better assist the LSPD and the people of Los Santos. In particular, this will be beneficial for Pilots who are interested in helping out with S.W.A.T. Operations. We will keep you updated once more information is available.

I would like to remind all Junior Pilots that you are responsible for obtaining 10 flight hours and conducting your 10 hour flight check within 30 days to progress to Pilot. Junior Pilots not meeting this criteria will be removed and made to reapply when they have the time required to dedicate to the division. Several junior Pilots are eligible to schedule their ten hour flight check but have failed to do so.

On a last note, thank you all for reading this update for the Air Support Division for May 2019. Good job on the flight hours for the month of May, and we hope to see a better increase for June. Welcome to the team, all new members within the division!

Sergeant II Cynthia Shelby
    Air Support Division Commanding Officer
    Basic Training Division May Update
    Basic Training Division Update May 2019
    Academies & Applicants

The month of May saw two academies conducted by the department. The following applicants managed to complete the Academy stage:
    • Zoey Deul #6672
    • Aaron Debose #2244
    • Elise De La Criox #3933
    • Cyrus Raven #7220
    • Bobby Monroe #6394
    • Samuele Colonna #7123
    • Mason Lee #7238
    • Philip Darling #7241
    • Marcus Love #1475
    • Elizabeth Axton #7216
    Promotions

The month of May also saw some internal promotions in the division. I'd like to congratulate the following:
    • Detective II Jason Steel Academy Instructor > Acting head instructor.
    • Lieutenant II Robert Reynolds Assistant Instructor > Academy Instructor
    Field Training Program May Update
    Dear Field Training Officers,

The month of May has seen a more relaxed environment within the Field Training Program. With that being said we still had a lot of FTPs, but we have certainly seen a reduction to the two previously very hectic months, we have also seen a considerable increase in the amount of FTP applications we are receiving as well as the number of Field Training Officers.

This month has also seen some changes within the Field Training Program Command and with it we have created the new FTP Supervisor position that is currently being occupied by Sergeant Phillipe Sanchez. This change has been made to handle the work flow within FTP Command and allow FTP Command to dedicate more time to individual Cadets.

The month of May saw us introduce seven new Field Training Officers into the Field Training Program.
    • Police Officer II Thomas Foster
    • Police Officer II Mikey Johnson
    • Police Officer II Clint Masterson
    • Police Officer II Damien Blix
    • Police Officer II Dezzy Bala
    • Police Officer II Pierce Hardy
    • Police Officer III Papa Stouch

For the month of may a total of sixty-fourt unique sessions were completed (this is not including repeats). This month also saw the promotion of nineteen Cadets to the rank of Police Officer I, same as the previous month. With that I'd like to congratulate the following Officers on passing the Field Training Program and becoming fully fledged Police Officers:
    • Patrick Ferrera
    • Scott Dunbar
    • Skye Luna
    • Olatunji Osas
    • John Robertson
    • Tom Brown
    • Jimmy Jonway
    • Jason Rekram
    • Craig McFindlay
    • Colby Blix
    • Harry Hornsby
    • Joshua White
    • Earnie Shavers
    • John Warren
    • Marcus Levonn
    • Lex Roth
    • Liam Gunarr
    • Carl Backwell
    • Brad Biggins

For the month of May the Field Training Program Command has decided to make Police Officer III Kristofer Avens our Field Training Officer of the Month. This award entitles Officer Avens to a salary bonus of $5000 (($50,000)) paid directly from the Commanding Officer of the Field Training Program.

Be sure to congratulate Police Officer III Kristofer Avens whenever you see him on duty.

Regards,
    Lieutenant Daniels Shelby
    Field Training Program Commanding Officer

Sergeant I John Wallace
    Field Training Program Assistant Commanding Officer

Sergeant I Phillipe Sanchez
    Field Training Program Supervisor
    This concludes our monthly bulletin. Thank you for taking the time to read through our update and we hope you are excited for the next one. Media Relations will work hard to provide you with a monthly bulletin, such as this one, from now on. We ask all division leaders to actively keep up with their monthly updates in order to be included in our report. If you have any suggestions, feedback, and comments, please contact the Media Relations through the means listed in the Contact Information tab.

We would like to give special thanks to the following personnel for making this monthly release possible:
    • Chief of Police Samuel Osborn
    • Deputy Chief Alex Donnelly
    • Captain II Jay Bacon
    • Divisional Command
    • Media Relations Team
    (( The statistics gathered from this month were mostly supplied by us going through forum posts. There might be some human error in these statistics. If you are in charge of one of the fields listed in the stats and see a mistake, please contact Media Relations. ))

Captain II Jay Bacon, Commanding Officer
Los Santos Police Department's Public Relations
(213)516-1554 — [email protected]

Detective I James Sardinsky, Senior Liason
Los Santos Police Department's Public Relations
(213)545-1869 — [email protected]

Los Santos Police Department Media Relations
[email protected]

mrdstamp
MEDIA RELATIONS DIVISION
Administrative Services Bureau
Los Santos Police Department — "To Protect and to Serve"

Account is not monitored. For information, consult the Public Affairs area.

Return to “Newsroom”