Monthly Bulletin - March

The Newsroom contains all press releases of the Los Santos Police Department.
LSPD Media Relations
ECRP Forum Name:

Monthly Bulletin - March

Post by LSPD Media Relations »

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

• -
    The month of March has been one of the busiest months in the history of the Los Santos Police Department. This year's tourism has significantly increased and we've seen tourists come and go in masses. With the increases tourism, there's been a significantly increased crime rate and the fine men and women of the Los Santos Police Department have been in full swing to assure safety for not only our tourists but also the residents of Los Santos and surrounding areas. I advise all of our residents and tourists reading this to keep yourselves safe on the streets of Los Santos and in Blaine County, remember to report suspicious activity to 911 and help one another. With the summer heat coming towards us, it's important that you also stay hydrated and take care of one another, especially the elderly.

Our Recruitment and Employment Division, Basic Training Division and Field Training Program has gone into overdrive as this month's recruitment drive brought in a total of 35 new Police Cadets, on top of the 22 Police Cadets that passed their police academy in February. I am extremely pleased with the effort of not only our Recruitment & Employment Officers, our Academy Instructors, but also all of our Field Training Officers and Supervisors who work with these Police Cadets each and every day. I cannot be more proud of the current state of the Department, as each day go by, I only see us pulling the Department closer towards our mission, to preserve order, to protect and to serve the City of Los Santos and surrounding areas.

I would also like to recognize the promotion of Assistant Chief Mick Reefer who on March 26th, assumed the role as Chief of Staff for the Los Santos Police Department. Assistant Chief Reefer is a veteran of the Los Santos Police Department, and one of our most loyal officers. Assistant Chief Reefer was previously assigned as the Director of our Support Services Office, a position in which he demonstrated impeccable performance. Assistant Chief Reefer is not only a veteran of the Los Santos Police Department but also a law enforcement veteran overall. He began his law enforcement career in the Paleto Bay Sheriffs Department, a Department which he served for over 15 years until he filed for a transfer to the Los Santos Police Department. I can only see a bright future for the Department, and I can't wait to work with Assistant Chief Reefer to further progress and improve our Department.

Moving onto the month of April, we have no major changes planned for the Department. We've in heavy works with evaluating the quality of our divisions and we plan on working with both Commanding Officers and Bureau Coordinators to ensure that the Los Santos Police Department demonstrates the best quality possible in the field. I can only hope that the month of April be easier on the Los Santos Police Department and that we continue tackling the increased crime with efficiency and speed. Keep your eyes open on our website as our recruitment will open in April again, very soon.

Thank you,

Chief of Police Samuel Osborn
  • Officer Ollie Higgins was born in Glasgow, Scotland. He was born to a normal family and enlisted to the Royal British Army at the tender age of 16 until he reached the age of 23. In the British Army, Officer Higgins reached the rank of Lieutenant, a junior officer rank. During his service, Officer Higgins was deployed to multiple active combat zones and was involved in multiple military operations such as "Operation Sangaris" and "Operation Unified Protector".
    After his 7 year service, deployment and operations were a rare sight. And Officer Higgins was stuck usually doing paperwork and useless tasks back at home. Due to this, Officer Higgins resigned from his position at the age of 23 and moved to Los Santos seeking new adventures and action.

After arriving at the city, Officer Higgins began working at Paul's Farmstead and experienced the high crime rates of Los Santos. He decided to do something about it and applied for the Los Santos Police Department on the 10th of March, 2019. Eventually passing his academy which took place on the 15th of March, 2019. As a Cadet, Officer Higgins put in over 200 hours alongside over 350 pages of optional paperwork in the form of impound, arrest and duty reports. He is the prime example of what we look for in the department. And wish that he continues to do this amazing work in the form of paperwork and activity.

Now, Officer Higgins plans to advance within the department, and eventually reach the rank of Police Officer II so he may join S.W.A.T due to his past service in the Royal British Army, and become an FTO. He finds joy in teaching new things to people and believes he will be a great Field Training Officer for Cadets, teaching them what he was taught a few weeks earlier.

We wish Officer Higgins the best of luck with whatever path he chooses to take in the department, Media Relations has chosen Officer Higgins as the prime example of an officer, putting in tens of hours and doing every possible optional paperwork in for documentation.
  • Image Captain Image Commander
    Image Lieutenant Image Captain
    Image Sergeant II Image Lieutenant
    • Enzo Bozzuto
    • Daniels Shelby
    Image Detective II ► Image Detective III
    Image Sergeant I Image Sergeant II
    • Harry Davis
    • Josh Paige
    Image Detective I Image Detective II
    • Logan Cross
    • Walt Kozak
    Image Police Officer III Image Detective I
    • Claude Floyd
    Image Senior Lead Officer Image Sergeant I
    • Lukas Montana
    • John Wallace
    Image Police Officer III Image Senior Lead Officer
    • Phillipe Sanchez
    Image Police Officer II Image Police Officer III
    • Hugo Romano
    • Ilai Daniels
    • Ryan Torres
    • Jonathan Norton
    • Jason Steel
    • Mary Dinkley
    • Marshall Rias
    Image Police Officer I Image Police Officer II
    • Alexi Jackson
    • Tom Fredrico
    • Alex Keller
    • Thomas Dubois
    • Drake Parker
    • Richard Vane
    • Chloe Bailey
    • Lewis Sanchez
    • Victor Einhart
    Cadet Image Police Officer I
    • Kristofer Avens
    • Parker Queen
    • Eleanor Quinn
    • Dezzy Bala
    • Belle Cavallera
    • Damien Blix
l

• We have made great strides in our departmental divisions, welcomed some new faces, and said farewells to some old ones. Please read below about some divisional updates from the COs and ACOs themselves, and what progress they have made in the month of March.
    BTD Divisional statistics

Los Santos Police Department

Personal Email
    "TO PROTECT AND SERVE"

• Deat Captain Bacon,

The Basic Training Division does not release a monthly update due to the lack of regular changes within the division and its very narrow purpose. However, below I have left the necessary statistics that BTD produces.
      • A total of four academies in March, 2019.
      • A total of 34 Applicants passed the academy, named below.
        • Audrey Sanchez #1833
        • Jack Bowers #6866
        • Kevin Blackburn #6915
        • Pavel reznikov #6829
        • Jimmy Burton #6800
        • Dalmat Mayor #4269
        • Matthew Michelson #6385
        • Cleetus Sanchez #6783
        • James Forelli #6831
        • Tyrannondale Bronson #6901
        • Robert Jeys #6899
        • Lorenzo Sharpe #6907
        • Nevy Seara #0220
        • Logan Stone #6849
        • William Miner #6528
        • Kyle Bran #6908
        • Mikey Johnson #6820
        • Ollie Higgins #6759
        • James Kelly #6806
        • Grant Wallace #6773
        • Chris Carwyn #6417
        • Gary Hunter #6758
        • Shen Wong #6823
        • Red Payne #6699
        • Anthony Bruno #6757
        • Belle Havana Cavallera #6746
        • Damien Blix #6797
        • Joseph Marlinson #6679
        • Jordan Stephenson #6770
        • Jaden Hash #6732
        • Dezzy Bala #6762
        • Laurence Temeraire #6669
        • Sylvester Groot #1530
        • Condrad Fredrico #6595

• From
      Lieutenant Daniels Shelby
      Watch Commander of Rockford Precinct
      Commanding Officer of the Basic Training Division
      Commanding Officer of The Field Training Program
    ATD Divisional update March

• Hello. This is the first montly Division Update for ATD, we hope to do these every month. The month of March has been a great month for the Advanced Training Division. We've had many changes throughout the month, including Divisional Command changes, Instructor changes and more.

Training Sessions have gone better than ever, we're always working on getting Scene Management Certifications set up for officers needing it. Firearms Certifications have gone as usual.
    • We've had some important roster changes throughout the month ranging from new Instructors to Command changes.

At the beginning of the month, Santino Deferro was brought onto the Instructor Team.

As the previous Commanding Officer of Advanced Training Division, Marco Davis, resigned, a new Commanding Officer was appointed - Robert Reynolds

At the end of the month, Santino Deferro was appointed as the Assistant Commanding Officer of Advanced Training Division.
    • Trainings and Certifications have been regularly done throughout the month. Here are some statistics:
      • 1x M4 Carbine Certification
      • 4x MP5 Certifications
      • 7x Remington 870P Certifications
      • 12 Officers Scene Management Certified
      • 5 Officers in Pursuit Training
      • 3 Officers Certified for Heavy Interception Unit
      • 1 Officer Certified for High Speed Interception Unit
      • 4 Officers Certified for High Speed Motorcycle Unit
    • Thank you for reading our first Division Update for March 2019. As mentioned before, we will hope to do these every month. I am very happy on how this month went for the division, it was an extremely successful month. I'd like to thank all of my instructors and my ACO for this great month.

• From,
      Lieutenant Robert Reynolds
      Advanced Training Division Commanding Officer
    IB Divisional update March
    Hello Investigators and Detectives, and welcome to the eight monthly update of the Investigations Bureau! With this update, we would like to introduce everyone to all changes and updates that have been made within the Bureau last month, as to let you all know and include you all in what is happening in the Bureau.
    During the month of March, we have had several roster changes within the Investigations Bureau ranging from internal changes or promotions to Investigators or Detectives progressing through the ranks in the Police Department.

During the month of March, we have had the following Investigators and Detectives promoted. Congratulations!
    Image Police Officer IIIImage Police Investigator
    • Jimmy Pegorino
    • Hugo Romano
    • Marshall Rias
    • Jason Steel
    Image Police Officer IIIImage Police Detective I
    • Claude Floyd
    We have also had to part with the following member(s) of the Investigations Bureau. Farewell!
    • Claude Floyd
    • Walt Kozak [Reinstated]
    • Travis Palmer
    Additionally, we have also had the following Sergeants transfer into the Investigations Bureau:
    • Travis Palmer [Discharged]
    And finally, the following internal changes have been made. Congratulations!
    • Detective II Logan Cross has been appointed as the commander of the Gangs and Narcotics Division.
    During the month of March the following changes have been made to the Investigations Bureau Handbook:
    • Section 0.0.0 - Table of Contents has been updated to include the new name of Section 3 - Gadget & Equipment Protocol (previously: Section 3 - Gadget Protocol)
    • Section 0.0.0 - Table of Contents has been updated to include Section 3.2 - Camera Usage.
    • Section 1.2 - Uniform Protocol has been rewritten.
    • Section 3 - Gadget Protocol has been renamed to Section 3 - Gadget & Equipment Protocol.
    • Section 3.2 - Camera Usage has been added to the handbook under Section 3 - Gadget & Equipment Protocol.
    The leadership of the Office of Investigations completely understands and supports officers who question their current career choice in the Los Santos Police Department and want to advance into a new and different path.

In collaboration with the Office of Operations leadership, we have created therefore created a transfer program to allow Sergeants the opportunity to transfer to the Investigations Bureau and to take on the duties of a Detective.

If you want to read up on the process of the transfers and the requirements for Sergeants as such, you can find the notice here.
    During the month of March:
    • A total of 3 cases have been opened.
    • A total of 9 cases have been closed.
    • A combined total of 29 Investigation Patrol Logs have been posted.
    • 1 Detective has passed their Supervisor Evaluative Test.
    On a final note, we would like to thank you all for reading through the eight monthly Investigations Bureau update posts. We greatly appreciate all the work every single one of you puts in every day to make the Investigations Bureau successful.
    Once again, congratulations to all those who got promoted, and keep up the good work!

Police Captain Elena Blake
    Investigations Bureau Coordinator

Police Commander Lewis Langley
    Investigations Bureau Assistant Coordinator
    S.W.A.T. Division March Update
    Hello Readers!

Welcome to the fifth update of the Special Weapons and Tactics Division, where we would like to introduce you all to the updates that occurred within the division during the month of March. We are looking to continue making these each month to let you all know what is happening within the division and any planned upcoming changes to the division. We hope this will help to include you all more, and inform you relevant changes, so you can all come forward with suggestions and things that you all would like to see change within S.W.A.T. This update will be shorter than the rest as there has not been many changes throughout the month, though please give it a read.

Roster changes

March has been a month of change for S.W.A.T. Many of our operatives decided to branch out and try their hand in the Investigations
    Bureau. To the Operatives who are still with us, we will be changing how promotions work during the month of April. Certain types of trainings will be required to be completed before you can progress to the next rank, but a full announcement will be released later on. Keep up with the amazing work everyone.
    • Josh Paige | S.W.A.T. Instructor -> Assistant Commanding Officer
    • Marco Davis | | S.W.A.T. Sergeant -> S.W.A.T. Master Sergeant
    • Harry Davis | Senior Operative -> S.W.A.T. Sergeant
    • Paulo Witherfork | Senior Operative -> S.W.A.T. Sergeant
    • James Sardinsky | Operative -> Trial S.W.A.T. Instructor
    • Phillipe Sanchez | Operative -> Trial Senior Operative
    • Lukas Montana | Operative -> Trial Senior Operative
    • Robert Reynolds | Probationary Operative -> Operative
    • Thomas Foster | Probationary Operative -> Operative
    • Ilai Daniels | Probationary Operative -> Operative
    • Alex Keller | Applicant -> Probationary Operative
    • Tom Fredrico | Applicant -> Probationary Operative
    • Jonathan Norton | Applicant -> Probationary Operative
    • Richard Langston | Applicant -> Probationary Operative
    • Thomas Dubois | Officer -> Applicant
    • Kristofer Aven | Officer -> Applicant
    • Victor Einhart | Officer -> Applicant
    • Bonquasha Quonde | Officer -> Applicant
    • Chloe Bailey | Officer -> Applicant
    • Lewis Sanchez | Officer -> Applicant
    • John Martinez | Officer -> Applicant
    • Thomas Dubois | Officer -> Applicant
    • Ryan Torres | Operative -> Resigned
    • Jason Steel | Operative -> Resigned
    • Hugo Romano | Operative -> Resigned
    Division Updates
    Leadership Change
    Obviously Lieutenant Paige resigned from the force and left the S.W.A.T. Commander position open, which I gratefully filled. I have been working hard to try and integrate more things into our training's, but the real training will start in the month of April, where we will tighten our act up. We have been able to utilize rubber bullets since I took over which I feel is vital to our trainings. Things will only continue to get better, however, so look out for future updates. Along with the changes in trainings, I, Lieutenant Bozzuto, wanted to enforce more S.W.A.T. Command. When Paige was in charge there were only three members but in reality it felt like two (Shout out to Commander Davis, I'm kidding of course). I have been able to grow the S.W.A.T. Command with two fresh Sergeants, Harry Davis and Paulo Witherfork. They will have some very important responsibilities, but only the month of April holds those.

Statistics
    During the month of March, there has been 119 total deployments across 17 people. 16 of them were David Patrols, 21 Passive Deployments, and 82 Active Deployments. This means 69% of all S.W.A.T. Deployments in March were extreme situations. This is our second month tracking a month at a time. Compared to last month, the number of Active Deployments and Passive Deployments rose, while the number of David patrols dropped by over 50%.

March S.W.A.T. Recruitment Drive
    March had an impressive recruitment drive with 8 total applicants, all of which were accepted. Congratulations to Officer Bonquasha Quonde on scoring the highest out of all applicants.

Final Thoughts

As a team, I truly believe we are doing an excellent job. I want to personally thank each and every operative for putting in the time and effort to learn our tactics and skills, then to display the training on the field, it is truly brilliant.
    Special Weapons and Tactics Command
    Air Support Division February Update

Air Support Division Update - March 2019
    "TO PROTECT AND SERVE"

Hello Pilots!
    Welcome to the Seventh update of the Air Support Division where we would like to introduce you all to the updates within the division for the month of March. We are looking to get these made for each month to let you all know what is happening within the division, and any upcoming changes to the division. We hope this will help to include you all more, and inform you of changes prior to them happening, so you can all come forward with suggestions of things that you all would like to see change within the Air Support Division.

Roster changes
    We have recently bought on several new pilots to the Junior Pilot Program. We would like to take this opportunity to extend a warm welcome to the following talented individuals:
    • Kristofer Avens
    • Tom Fredrico
    • Thomas Dubois
    • Illai Daniels
    • Freyja Rias
    The following Pilots resigned or been removed from the Air Support Division and we thank them for their service to the division.
    • Walt Kozak
    • William Tesla
    • Richard Vane
    • Mary Dinkley
    • Charlie Williams
    • James Dalton
    • Hugo Romano
    • Joshua Fellows
    • Thomas Foster
    The following promotions have also happened within the month of March. Congratulations to the following Pilots, and remember to reach out to a Senior Pilot or higher and schedule the Junior Pilot Examination with them if you have reached the requirement of 10 flight hours and feel ready to take on the test.

• Josh Paige |Pilot First Class -> Chief Pilot
    • Xoza Shadow | Senior Pilot -> Assistant Commanding Officer
    • Ryan Torres | Pilot -> Pilot First Class
    • Kristofer Avens | Junior Pilot -> Pilot
    Division Information

Our biggest change this month is the appointment of an Assistant Commanding Officer, Xoza Shadow.

We will be looking to revamp the Tactical Pilot Program in the near future to enable members of ASD to better assist the LSPD and the people of Los Santos. In particular, this will be beneficial for Pilots who are interested in helping out with S.W.A.T. Operations. We will keep you updated once more information is available.

I would like to remind all Junior Pilots that you are responsible for obtaining 10 flight hours and conducting your 10 hour flight check within 30 days to progress to Pilot. Junior Pilots not meeting this criteria will be removed and made to reapply when they have the time required to dedicate to the division. Several junior Pilots are eligible to schedule their ten hour flight check but have failed to do so.

On a last note, thank you all for reading this update for the Air Support Division for March 2019. Good job on the flight hours for the month of March, and we hope to see a better increase for April. Welcome to the team, all new members within the division!

Sergeant II Cynthia Shelby
    Air Support Division Commanding Officer
    Field Training Program March Update
    Dear Field Training Officers,

March 2019 has been the best year for the Field Training Program and its Field Training Officers that I have ever personally witnessed during my time in the Los Santos Police Department.

Not only did we have a great number of Cadets come into our department this month, but we also had great efforts from our Field Training Officers regardless of ranks. Be it the Sergeant team, Investigations Bureau or General Patrol Officer, the effort was fantastic across the board and I hope to see this effort to become the new standard.

However, I understand that this month was a very busy month for our Field Training Officers, especially with the influx in interest we have seen in the Los Santos Police Department, however we must not stop here. The interest in the department remains high and recruitment will open in the near future, no doubt resulting in a flood of new Cadets. So, as we continue to witness a huge increase in interest in the department I encourage more than ever that Field Training Officers share the workload, we must continue to share the workload and work together, never leaving it to a handful of people to do all of the FTP sessions. Though I must say the effort this month has been astonishing from a great number of FTOs.

This month we have seen three new Field Training Officers join the Field Training Program, ready to teach the next generation of Officers. I'd like to welcome:
    • Thoms Dubois
    • Thomas Foster
    • Bonquasha Quonde
    I hope to see these people continue to work hard on their careers and in advancing each Cadets that joins us at the Los Santos Police Department. As some may have noticed, we have also become quite stringent in who we accept into the Field Training Program and we have denied more applications this month than we have accepted.

To those that were denied, but are now accepted I say welcome. Your effort in taking the denial at face-value and seeking to improve does not go unnoticed and there is nobody we appreciate more than people who can persevere through failure. If you have been denied and have yet not re-applied, then I say do not be discouraged, and you are most certainly not alone, and continue to apply. Continuing to apply and improve after being denied, so that you can then one day be accepted shows the exact kind of character we want in the Field Training Program.

In the month of March 2019 a total of one-hundred and twenty-two Field Training Sessions were conducted (without counting repeated sessions) and a total of thirty-seven FTO Adams. In those sessions we saw eight new Cadets pass the FTP and promoted to Police Officer I. I'd like to congratulate on their success at reach Police Officer I:
    • Victor Einhart
    • Kristofer Stevens
    • Freyja Rias
    • Parker Queen
    • Eleanor Quinn
    • Dezzy Bala
    • Belle Cavallera
    • Damien Bix
    We also have plenty more Cadets that have passed their FTP-5 and are awaiting for their potential future promotion. So, best of luck to every Cadet that has passed their FTP-5. However, I have decided that this months award will be given to Senior Lead Officer Phillipe Sanchez who is now entitled to receive his prize from the Commanding Officer of the Field Training Program ((of $50,000)).

Picking this months Field Training Officer was quite difficult, because of the excellent effort from so many Field Training Officers. However, this months ward will be issued to Senior Lead Officer Phillipe Sanchez who is now entitled to collect his bonus of $5,000 (($50,000)) from the Commanding Officer of the Field Training Program.

SLO Phillipe Sanchez has conducted a total of 15 FTPs for the month of March and has demonstrated a very good effort in his FTO duties every prior month since he became an FTO.

Once again congratulations to SLO Phillipe Sanchez, however there was great effort from many FTOs this month and all of your efforts do not go unnoticed.

Regards,
    Lieutenant Daniels Shelby
    Field Training Program Commanding Officer

Sergeant I John Wallace
    Field Training Program Assistant Commanding Officer
    This concludes our monthly bulletin for March. Thank you for taking the time to read through our update and we hope you are excited for the next one. Media Relations will work hard to provide you with a monthly bulletin, such as this one, from now on. We ask all division leaders to actively keep up with their monthly updates in order to be included in our report. If you have any suggestions, feedback, and comments, please contact the Media Relations through the means listed in the Contact Information tab.

We would like to give special thanks to the following personnel for making this monthly release possible:
    • Chief of Police Samuel Osborn
    • Commander Alex Donnelly
    • Captian Jay Bacon
    • Media Relations Team
    (( The statistics gathered from this month were mostly supplied by us going through forum posts. There might be some human error in these statistics. If you are in charge of one of the fields listed in the stats and see a mistake, please contact Media Relations. ))

Captain Jay Bacon, Commanding Officer
Los Santos Police Department's Public Relations
(213)516-1554 — [email protected]

Sergeant I James Sardinsky, Senior Liason
Los Santos Police Department's Public Relations
(213)545-1869 — [email protected]

Los Santos Police Department Media Relations
[email protected]

mrdstamp
MEDIA RELATIONS DIVISION
Administrative Services Bureau
Los Santos Police Department — "To Protect and to Serve"

Account is not monitored. For information, consult the Public Affairs area.

Return to “Newsroom”