Monthly Bulletin - January

The Newsroom contains all press releases of the Los Santos Police Department.
LSPD Media Relations
ECRP Forum Name:

Monthly Bulletin - January

Post by LSPD Media Relations »

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

• -
    The first month of the year has swiftly gone by and we're heading into February. The year started slowly after the festive season, but the calm took a turn and we've seen some various shifts in operations and overall changes across the board in the department. We, unfortunately, saw some employees resign from the Department mid-month which prompted changes, so I would like to take time to congratulate Sergeant Daniels Shelby on his newly appointed position of Commanding Officer of the Field Training Program and Senior Lead Officer John Wallace on being appointed as the Assistant Commanding Officer of the Field Training Program. I would also like to personally congratulate our very first supervisor of the month, Sergeant Harry Davis, who also succeeded as the Watch Commander of Vinewood Precinct after the resignation of Sergeant Matt Trustson.

I would also like to recognize the hard work and effort of our Media Relations Division, they are responsible for making this bulletin possible. Keep your eyes open for the month of February as our Media Relations Division is discussing and planning out several events to bring the community together.

I would also like to recognize the opening of City Hall and expansion of Government that was announced late in the month of January, the Los Santos Police Department is looking forward towards working with the Government to achieve further success and welfare for the state of San Andreas.

Now, moving onto February, the Department has no major changes planned out and operations should go on as usual. We can only hope that the month of February will be yet another prosperous month for the Los Santos Police Department and its employees, and we wish our employees and the community nothing but the best.

Chief of Police Samuel Osborn
    Jimmy Pegorino was born on the 3rd of April 1989 in Italy. His life started as it does for everyone however, as Officer Pegorino achieved maturity, his mom was was shot and killed during a robbery that went wrong.
    As a young child, the authorities constantly attempted to take him to adoption. Refusing to co-operate with them, Jimmy ran away from the social assistance workers and began living on the streets. There, he began to steal from wallets, robbing stores and stealing cars.
    He believed that due to the city taking everything from him, he can take everything from it. However, Jimmy later realized this wasn't the way to live life.

He later enlisted to the army, and began training with bomb defusal team alongside the Royal Engineers. Passing his training, Pegorino soon moved to Los Santos.
    After arriving to Los Santos, he applied and was accepted as a mechanic. Eventually, Pegorino decided to join the Downtown Cab Co. There, he progressed through the ranks. Becoming a team leader and soon after that, a Public Relations Representative.
    It was then, that he found an advertisement, informing him that LSPD recruitment was open. He thought he'd give it a shot, and applied. Passing his application and interview shortly after.

Officer Pegorino joined the department with the intent to help his country, and to keep the citizens of Los Santos as safe as he can. Being one of them once, he knew how tough life was sometimes. And the high amount of crimes that were taking place everyday.
    Ever since he arrived to Los Santos, Officer Pegorino saw how high the crime rates were... and how they continued to skyrocket. He personally noticed many more incidents of drug trafficking, homicides, and gang activities.
    He applied on the 25th of August, and passed his academy on the 15th of September.

Now, Jimmy Pegorino serves as a Police Officer II, Patrol Officer in the West Bureau, assigned to the Vespucci Precinct. As a Field Training Officer, Officer Pegorino always offers help for Cadets, and invites them to join him on ADAM patrols if they already passed their first 3 FTPs and if not, he attempts to help them with their FTP sessions.
    Additionally, Officer Pegorino is a proud member of S.W.A.T and works as best as he can to progress, and to make sure he is always available when S.W.A.T operatives are required.

We have decided to choose Officer Pegorino as the featured officer in this month's bulletin due to his high amount of effort, shift hours, and an always positive behavior. He is a well known figure within the department, and we are happy he is a part of it.
    We wish Officer Pegorino good luck with whatever path he chooses within the department, and wish that he'll keep up with the good performance he's shown up to now.

• Image Detective II ► Image Detective III
    • Kyle Doherty
    Image Detective I ► Image Detective II
    • Logan Cross
    • Walt Kozak

Image Sergeant I ► Image Sergeant II
    • Daniels Shelby
    • Enzo Bozzuto
    Image Senior Lead Officer ► Image Sergeant I
    • Cynthia Shelby
    • Santino Deferro
    Image Police Officer III ► Image Senior Lead Officer
    • John Wallace

Image Police Officer II ► Image Police Officer III
    • Dorian Tshudy
    • Elliot Price
    • George Vern
    • Jake Lawson
    • Klaus Austin
    • Miles Townsend
    • Phillipe Sanchez
    • Randy Randul
    • Thomas Bennet
    • Xoza Shadow
    Image Police Officer I ► Image Police Officer II
    • Adam Williams
    • Jason Collins
    • Jimmy Pegorino
    • Thomas Foster
    • Valentino Wesson
    Cadet ► Image Police Officer I
    • Alexi Jackson
    • Arnold Williams
    • Carter Allen
    • Dante Stryker
    • Dean Donovan
    • Drake Parker
    • Fezzy Walshy
    • Havi Rank
    • Ilai Daniels
    • Jason Steel
    • John Martinez
    • Kali Witfield
    • Mary Dinkley
    • Mike Taylor
    • Rasgard Stevenson
    • Richard Langston
    • Roberto Tortuga
    • Ronald Jennings
    • Thomas Dubois
    • Tom Fredrico
    • William Tesla
l

• This month our divisions have worked extremely hard to provide our citizens with safety and our new officers with proper training. Additionally, we had some shifting around in the divisional command in order to accommodate the needs of divisions better and compensate for some resignations. We look forward to new changes brought about, and wish luck to the new commanders. You may read about the details of divisional updates below.
    Investigations Bureau Update from Captain Elena Blake
    Hello Investigators and Detectives, and welcome to the sixth monthly update of the Investigations Bureau! With this update, we would like to introduce everyone to all changes and updates that have been made within the Bureau last month, as to let you all know and include you all in what is happening in the Bureau.
    During the month of January, we have had several roster changes within the Investigations Bureau ranging from internal changes or promotions to Investigators or Detectives progressing through the ranks in the Police Department.

During the month of January, we have had the following Investigators recruited and Detectives promoted. Congratulations!

Image Police Officer IIIImage Police Investigator
    • David Garcia
    • Claude Floyd
    • Xoza Shadow
    Image Police Detective IImage Police Detective II
    • Walt Kozak
    • Logan Cross
    Image Police Detective IIImage Police Detective III
    • Kyle Doherty
    Additionally, we have also had our fair change of internal position changes this month. Congratulations to all!
    • Detective Kyle Doherty has been appointed as the Commanding Officer of the Gangs and Narcotics Division.
    • Detective Walt Kozak has been appointed as the Assistant Commanding Officer of the Robbery Homicide Division.
    • Detective Logan Cross has been appointed as the Assistant Commanding Officer of the Detective Support and Vice Division.
    And finally, we have had to part with the following member(s) of the Investigations Bureau. Farewell!
    • Detective I Julio Santos
    • Police Officer III Pierce Hardy
    • Police Officer III Helene Charbonneau
    The Investigations Bureau Application Form has been reworked and rewritten to be freshened up and up-to-date, as well as to have a general cleaner look that is easier to read for Police Officers that want to read through the form or want to apply to the Investigations Bureau.
    The internal recruitment process for our Gangs and Narcotics Division has changed after a discussion by the Investigations Bureau Command Team. The decision was made to set an application system in place for the division so that Detectives holding the rank of Detective II or higher are able to apply to the division.

This allows the Division Command Team to make a better decision than to handpick people, as it allows people to show how motivated and/or interested they are in the division based on effort put into the application. It also allows the Division Command Team to save time by going through a thorough screening process only for those that apply for the division, rather than every Detective in the Bureau.
    Just like Sergeant Performance Reviews, the Detective Performance Reviews have been implemented for all Detectives. It currently exists out of a bi-weekly self-evaluation form.

Detectives fill in these self-evaluation forms themselves and send them to the Bureau Coordinators. This allows the Bureau Coordinators to pinpoint certain things that they might need to focus on to help Detectives improve, as well as allowing Detectives to reflect on themselves and possibly find things to improve on as well.

In the near future, the time period between self-evaluation forms being sent out might be revisited, depending on how much Detectives are able to fill in every two weeks, but for now, it will remain as a bi-weekly thing.
    During the month of January:
    • A total of 3 cases have been opened.
    • A total of 3 cases have been successfully closed.
    • A combined total of 61 Investigation Patrol Logs have been posted.
    • 1 Investigator has passed their Detective Evaluative Test.
    • 2 Detectives have passed their Supervisor Evaluative Test.
    On a final note, we would like to thank you all for reading through the sixth monthly Investigations Bureau update posts. We greatly appreciate all the work every single one of you puts in every day to make the Investigations Bureau successful.
    Once again, congratulations to all those who got promoted, and keep up the good work!

Police Captain Elena Blake
    Investigations Bureau Coordinator

Police Captain Lewis Langley
    Investigations Bureau Assistant Coordinator
    Air Support Division Update from Sergeant I Cynthia Shelby

Los Santos Police Department

Air Support Division Update - January 2019
    "TO PROTECT AND SERVE"

Hello Pilots!
    Welcome to the fifth update of the Air Support Division where we would like to introduce you all to the updates within the division for the month of January. We are looking to get these made for each month to let you all know what is happening within the division, and any upcoming changes to the division. We hope this will help to include you all more, and inform you of changes prior to them happening, so you can all come forward with suggestions of things that you all would like to see change within the Air Support Division.

Roster changes
    We have recently bought on several new pilots to the Junior Pilot Program. We would like to take this opportunity to extend a warm welcome to the following talented individuals:
    • Randy Randul
    • Thomas Foster
    • Thomas Bennet
    • James Dickson
    • Ryan Torres
    The following Pilots resigned or been removed from the Air Support Division and we thank them for their service to the division.
    • Blaise Metzelder
    • Marshall Carwyn
    • Enzo Bozzuto
    • Lukas Montana
    • Lennie Price
    • James Sardinsky
    • Jason Reed
    The following promotions have also happened within the month of December. Congratulations to the following Pilots, and remember to reach out to a Senior Pilot or higher and schedule the Junior Pilot Examination with them if you have reached the requirement of 10 flight hours and feel ready to take on the test.

• Xoza Shadow | Pilot -> Pilot First Class
    Division Information

We will be looking to revamp the Tactical Pilot Program in the near future to enable members of ASD to better assist the LSPD and the people of Los Santos. In particular, this will be beneficial for Pilots who are interested in helping out with S.W.A.T. Operations. We will keep you updated once more information is available.

I would like to remind all Junior Pilots that you are responsible for obtaining 10 flight hours and conducting your 10 hour flight check within 30 days to progress to Pilot. Junior Pilots not meeting this criteria will be removed and made to reapply when they have the time required to dedicate to the division. Several junior Pilots are eligible to schedule their ten hour flight check but have failed to do so.

On a last note, thank you all for reading this update for the Air Support Division for January 2019. Good job on the flight hours for the month of January, and we hope to see a better increase for February. Welcome to the team, all new members within the division!

Sergeant I Cynthia Shelby
    Air Support Division Commanding Officer
    Field Training Program Update from Sergeant II Daniels Shelby
    Dear Field Training Officers,

Within the month of January 2019 there has been some major developments within the Field Training Program and some fantastic effort from our Field Training Officers in ensuring that our Cadets continue to make their way through the Program.

This month we have seen eight new Field Training Officers join the Field Training Program, ready to teach the next generation of Officers. I'd like to welcome:
    • James Dickson
    • Jimmy Pegorino
    • Dorian Tshudy (Now resigned)
    • Ryan Torres
    • James DIckson
    • Caz Murphy
    • Phillipe Sanchez
    • Hugo Romano
    I hope to see these people continue to work hard on their careers and in advancing each Cadets that joins us at the Los Santos Police Department.

In the month of January 2019 a total of one hundred and nine Field Training Sessions were conducted and a total of fifty seven FTO Adams. In those sessions we saw eighteen new Cadets pass the FTP and promoted to Police Officer I. I'd like to congratulate on their success at reach Police Officer I:
    • RIchard Langston
    • Fezzy Walshy
    • Carter Allen
    • William Tesla
    • Ronald Jennings
    • Thomas Dubois
    • Roberto Tortuga
    • Mary Dinkley
    • Jason Steel
    • Rasgard Stevenson
    • Mike Taylor
    • Ilai Daniels
    • Dean Donovan
    • Kali Whitfield
    • Alexi Jackson
    • John Martinez
    • Tom Fredrico
    • Dante Stryker
    Of these list of people seventeen are still with us and are forging successful careers within LSPD.

The month of January 2019 saw a change in the Field Training Program Command. I have since took on the position of Commanding Officer of The Field Training Program and as of right now the position of Assistant Commanding Officer is vacant and a successor will be announced in due course.

In the mean time I'd like to thank the former Sergeant II Matt Trustson for guiding the program these past few months and I'd like to thank Sergeant I Harry Davis who maintained Field Training Program Command as interim Assistant Commanding Officer during these changes.

As for now I will be the direct supervisor for all Cadets that enter within the department and I will be the first stop for all Field Training Officers that have any issues or queries relating to the Field Training Program.

For the month of January 2019 I'd like to congratulate Officer Miles Metzelder on becoming the FTO of the month for conducting a whopping 18 FTP sessions and 11 FTO Adams. Please take your time to congratulate Officer Metzelder for his dedication to making sure out Cadets make their way briskly through the Field Training Program.

Officer Metzelder will be entitled to a $5000 (($50,000)) bonus paid personally from the Commanding Officer of the Field Training Program.

I'd also like to thank all of you who have participated in the Field Training Program this month, your work is extremely important to this Department and it does not go unnoticed or unappreciated.

Regards,
    Sergeant II Daniels Shelby
    Field Training Program Commanding Officer
    S.W.A.T. Division Update from Sergeant II Enzo Bozzuto
    Hello Readers!
    Welcome to the third update of the Special Weapons and Tactics Division, where we would like to introduce you all to the updates within the division for the month of January. We are looking to continue making these each month to let you all know what is happening within the division and any planned upcoming changes to the division. We hope this will help to include you all more, and inform you relevant changes, so you can all come forward with suggestions and things that you all would like to see change within S.W.A.T.

Roster changes

January has been a great month for S.W.A.T. We have grown our knowledge with multiple successful trainings, but we also experienced some losses from the division. To those of you who have not been promoted, ensure that you are regularly attending training sessions, filling out deployment logs, and helping to improve the skills and attributes of both yourself and your fellow Operatives. Without further ado, here is this last months rank changes.
    • Josh Paige | Operative -> Trial S.W.A.T. Instructor
    • Cynthia Shelby | Operative -> Trial Senior Operative
    • George Vern | Probationary Operative -> Operative
    • James Dalton | Probationary Operative -> Operative
    • James Sardinsky | Probationary Operative -> Operative
    • Ryan Torres | Applicant -> Probationary Operative
    • Hugo Romano | Applicant -> Probationary Operative
    • Thomas Foster | Applicant -> Probationary Operative
    • Jimmy Pegorino | Applicant -> Probationary Operative
    • Matt Truston | Trial S.W.A.T. Instructor -> Resigned
    • Blaise Metzelder | Trial Senior Operative -> Resigned
    • Daniels Shelby | Operative -> Resigned
    • Miles Townsend | Operative -> Resigned
    • Marshall Carwyn | Probationary Operative -> Resigned
    • Dorian Tshudy | Operative -> Resigned
    Division Updates

Ghost Team Implementation
    Last month S.W.A.T. Command initiated the Sniper Program, and with that came the Ghost Team. The Ghost Team is an exclusive team full of Sniper Certified Operatives who are labeled as so when they are actively deployed during real situations. This team is currently made up for eight Sniper Certified Operatives, and is led by Enzo Bozzuto.

Sniper Division Update
    Over the month of January, eight Operatives have been trained to become Sniper Certified. Each of them have passed numerous sniper tests and have posted some outstanding training time trials. Each of the operatives are top of the line, and a true force to be messed with. More events with be held with the S.C.O.’s over the next month, so stay posted if you are one.

Statistics
    Since S.W.A.T. started counting deployments two months ago, there has been 468 total deployments across 15 people. 61 of them were David Patrols, 105 Passive Deployments, and a whopping 305 Active Deployments. From now on, we will begin tracking monthly deployments to get a more accurate number, but this is proof the city we live in is not safe, and it’s our job to protect it.

Special Weapons and Tactics Command
    Traffic Enforcement Division from Sergeant I Josh Paige

The Traffic Enforcement Division has done very well in the month on January, we have been seeing a lot of officer patrolling on TOM duty both new and old and we thank everyone for this!

This month we have had the first 2 TED races and I am please to say that they went very well! Media Relations did a post about it: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=11545

The traffic patrol reports, incident reports and operation reports have been buzzing with activity, due to this Traffic Enforcement Command has decided to start Traffic Officer of the month!

From reviewing their work on the field and their reports Traffic Enforcement Division Command had decided to award Traffic Officer of the month to James Dickson! Thank you for all your efforts and dedication to the division. Officer Dickson will be awarded $5,000 (($50,000)) for this award! Please contact Captain Marco Davis to receive this. Congratulations!
    Personnel Changes
    The division now has a total of 29 Traffic Officers. We currently have 9 Probationary Traffic Officer's, 8 Traffic Officer I's, 4 Traffic Officer II's , 5 Traffic Officer III's and 2 Traffic Inspectors. The following officers have been trained up to the rank of Traffic Officer I in this month, congrats:
    • Arnold Williams
    • Thomas Bennet
    • Ronald Jennings
    • Mary Dinkley
    • Thomas Dubois
    • Jason Steel
    • George Vern
    • Pierce Hardy

We also have had 1 promotion to Traffic Officer II, congrats:
    • Thomas Foster

We have had a few people leave the Traffic Enforcement Division this month, and we thank them for their service:
    • Jimmy Pegorino
    • Jake Lawson
    • Blaise Metzelder
    • Dorian Tshudy
    • Klaus Austin
    • Miles Townsend
    • Marshal Carwyn
    • Thomas Voight
    • Bonquisha Quonde
    Looking Forward
    We are still looking to improve the number of major and minor operations we are doing throughout the division. The new Training system has been up and running for a while and we have noticed a increase in the quality of our traffic officer so I would like to thank those who have been conducting them!

We would like to thank all of the members of the Traffic Enforcement Division for all their hard work in the past month to get this division up and running. We are still looking to improve so any questions or suggestions don't hesitate to contact myself, Inspector James Dalton or TED Commander Marco Davis.

We would also like to thank all member of the Police Department for their continued support in TED.

-Traffic Inspector Josh Paige
    This concludes our first monthly bulletin of 2019 for the month of January. Media Relations would like to thank you very much for taking the time to read through it. The month of January saw a few members of Media Relations leaving, but we would also like to welcome our newest team members to the Media Relations Divisions. We hope that the new generation of liasons will have a great passion in their work, and take the public relations of the LSPD to a better place than it has ever been in before. Another well deserved mention are the detailed division updates. We know that the Divisional Command works extremely hard to write the detailed reports at the end of each month and would like to greatly thank them for taking the time to write them.

We would like to give special thanks to the following personnel for making this monthly release possible:
    • Chief of Police Samuel Osborn
    • Commander Alex Donnelly
    • Captain Lewis Langley
    • Lieutenant Jay Bacon
    • Divisional Command
    • Investigations Bureau Command
    • Media Relations Members
    Media Relations Credits:
    • Data and Statistics - James Sardinsky
    • Featured Officer - Ilai Daniels
    • Formatting Promotions - Xoza Shadow
    • Compiling Division Updates - James Sardinsky & Jason Steel
    • Closing Message - James Sardinsky
    (( The statistics gathered from this month were mostly supplied by us going through forum posts. There might be some human error in these statistics. If you are in charge of one of the fields listed in the stats and see a mistake, please contact Media Relations. ))

Lieutenant Jay Bacon, Commanding Officer
Los Santos Police Department's Public Relations
(213)516-1554 — [email protected]

Sergeant I James Sardinsky, Senior Liason
(213)545-1869 — [email protected]

Police Officer III Xoza Shadow, Liason
[email protected]

Police Officer I Ilai Daniels, Liason
[email protected]

Police Officer I Jason Steel, Liason
[email protected]

Los Santos Police Department Media Relations
[email protected]

mrdstamp
MEDIA RELATIONS DIVISION
Administrative Services Bureau
Los Santos Police Department — "To Protect and to Serve"

Account is not monitored. For information, consult the Public Affairs area.

Return to “Newsroom”