[Information] Ride-Along Program [STATUS: OPEN]

Ride-Along Requests allow members of the public to apply to partake in the Ride-Along Program of the Los Santos Police Department.
Police Department
ECRP Forum Name:

[Information] Ride-Along Program [STATUS: OPEN]

Post by Police Department »

1. RIDE-ALONG PROGRAM
  • The Los Santos Police Department offers civilians and employees of other government agencies the opportunity to ride along with an officer of the Los Santos Police Department to get a first-hand experience and insight into the daily duties of a Police Officer. This is the first stepping stone for those interested in becoming a Law Enforcement Officer.

In order to qualify and be permitted to participate in the ride-along program of the Los Santos Police Department, requestees must meet all requirements outlined below. If these requirements are not met, a ride-along request will be denied. Dependent on which requirement was not met, a request may be denied either temporarily, or permanently, resulting in a ban from the program.

When a ride-along request has been approved, it will remain active for 7 days. Once the seventh day has passed, the ride-along request will be closed. A new ride-along request may then be submitted, should the requestee wish to partake in further ride-alongs. The Los Santos Police Department reserves the right to close the ride-along program and/or any and all outstanding requests under circumstances such as a large influx of officers in training.
2. REGULATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
  • Civilians who are interested in getting an inside look at the Los Santos Police Department and the daily duties of a Police Officer must meet the following requirements to partake in the ride-along program.
    • Participants are observers and may not interfere, assist, or become involved with the duties of the officer with whom they are on a ride-along, either physically or verbally.
    • Participants must be able to identify themselves through a valid ID or driver's license.
    • Participants must be at least 18 years of age.
    • Participants must read, understand, and accept the risks of a ride-along, and must sign the liability waiver.
    • Participants may not carry a weapon of any kind while on a ride-along, despite any permit(s) the participants may have.
    • Participants, at all times, must follow the instructions provided by the officer with whom they are on a ride-along.
    • Participants must remain respectful to officers and civilians alike while on a ride-along.
    • Participants may not share any classified or sensitive information exposed to them during the ride-along. This includes, but is not limited to, the names of suspects, victims, Department policy, and so forth.
    • Officers may terminate a ride-along if the participant fails to follow the regulations of the ride-along program or is acting in such a manner that is inconsistent with the best interests of the Los Santos Police Department.
    • Participants may request that the ride-along is terminated at any given time, after which the participant will be returned to the police station.
    • Requestees must be free from any previous felony charge(s) and serious misdemeanor(s) conviction(s).
      Serious Misdemeanor Charges
      • GM01 - Aggravated Assault or Assault on a Government Employee
      • GM02 - Battery
      • GM03 - Possession of a Blade
      • GM07 - Possession of a Fake Operator License or ID Card
      • GM08 - Identity Theft
      • GM10 - Vigilantism
      • GM12 - Predatory Lending
      • GM13 - Giving False Information to a Police Officer
      • GM14 - Criminal Threats
      • GM16 - Animal Abuse
      • GM18 - Bribery
      • NM06 - Stalking
      • WM02 - Carrying an Unlicensed Firearm or Weapon
      • WM05 - Possession of a Firearm while Intoxicated
      • DM02 - Possession of a Controlled Substance While Armed
3. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
  • Once a ride-along request is submitted with the Los Santos Police Department, a review will be carried out by supervisory staff. Once this review has been carried out, the request will be handled accordingly. When accepted, a participant may make their way to the Mission Row police station and find a Police Officer II to conduct their ride-along.

Participants may ask officers at the station if one is available. They should do so in a manner that does not obstruct the duties of officers. If no officer is available to conduct a ride-along, it is recommended that the participant returns at a later time.

Participants must remember to bring a valid form of identification so that officers can identify them prior to a ride-along. Weapons of any kind must be left at home by the participant. Alternatively, weapons will be secured at the police station to be retrieved once the ride-along has been concluded. Participants must prepare themselves mentally and physically for any potential experiences that may occur throughout the ride-along.

Members of the media or individuals intending to partake in the ride-along program for the purpose of gathering information for published articles must instead partake in the application process for a News Media Identification Card.

Members of the media and press pass holders wishing to partake in the ride-along program for personal reasons outside of those of their employment, such as gathering information for their organization and articles, are required to have an approved ride-along request and shall do so through the standard ride-along program and procedure.

When a civilian partakes in a ride-along with the Los Santos Police Department, they must have accepted the risks and signed the liability waiver, meaning that they release and waive any claims they have, and agree to hold harmless the State of San Andreas, the Los Santos Police Department, their employees, from any and all liability for any loss of life, bodily injury, property damage, or any claim whatsoever, which they may sustain while riding in or upon said motor vehicles and which they may receive while accompanying an officer of the Los Santos Police Department, regardless of the cause of such damage or injury, whether through negligence or otherwise. They agree to assume all risks in riding in Los Santos Police Department's motor vehicles and in accompanying its officers and they are fully aware that personal danger may be involved. They further promise that they have read and fully understand all ride-along regulations.
4. REQUEST FORM
  • A ride-along request may be submitted by creating a topic in this section with the below-listed title and form.

Title:
    Firstname Lastname

Format:

Code: Select all

[img]https://i.imgur.com/AXWi4nE.png[/img]
    [lspdsubtitle]1. REQUESTEE DETAILS[/lspdsubtitle]
    [divbox=white][list=none]

[b]1.1 Full Name:[/b] First Lastname
    [b]1.2 Date of Birth:[/b] DD/MON/YYYY
    [b]1.3 Phone Number:[/b]  ####
    [b]1.4 Have you ever been convicted of a crime?:[/b] Yes/No

[/list][/divbox]

[lspdsubtitle]2. REQUEST DETAILS[/lspdsubtitle]
    [divbox=white][list=none]

[b]2.1 Why do you wish to go on a ride-along with the Los Santos Police Department?[/b]
    Insert Answer Here

[/divbox]

[lspdsubtitle]3. RELEASE & WAIVER[/lspdsubtitle]
    [divbox=white]

[divbox=#ffffde]I, the undersigned, hereby release and agree to hold harmless the State of San Andreas, the Los Santos Police Department, their employees, from any and all liability for any loss of life, bodily injury, property damage, or any claim whatsoever, which I may sustain while riding in or upon said motor vehicles and which I may receive while accompanying an officer of the Los Santos Police Department, regardless of the cause of such damage or injury, whether through negligence or otherwise. 

I agree to assume all risks in riding in Los Santos Police Department's motor vehicles and in accompanying its officers and I am fully aware that personal danger may be involved. I further promise that I have read and fully understand all ride-along regulations.[/divbox]
    [list=none]

[b]3.1 Signature:[/b] [i][font=Bradley Hand ITC] FIRST LASTNAME [/font][/i]
    [b]3.2 Date Signed:[/b] DD/MON/YYYY

[/list][/divbox]
    [lspdfooter][/lspdfooter]

LIVE PREVIEW | Ride-Along Request
    1. REQUESTEE DETAILS
    • 1.1 Full Name: First Lastname
      1.2 Date of Birth: DD/MON/YYYY
      1.3 Phone Number: ####
      1.4 Have you ever been convicted of a crime?: Yes/No
    2. REQUEST DETAILS
    • 2.1 Why do you wish to go on a ride-along with the Los Santos Police Department?
      Insert Answer Here
    3. RELEASE & WAIVER
    I, the undersigned, hereby release and agree to hold harmless the State of San Andreas, the Los Santos Police Department, their employees, from any and all liability for any loss of life, bodily injury, property damage, or any claim whatsoever, which I may sustain while riding in or upon said motor vehicles and which I may receive while accompanying an officer of the Los Santos Police Department, regardless of the cause of such damage or injury, whether through negligence or otherwise.

I agree to assume all risks in riding in Los Santos Police Department's motor vehicles and in accompanying its officers and I am fully aware that personal danger may be involved. I further promise that I have read and fully understand all ride-along regulations.
    • 3.1 Signature: FIRST LASTNAME
      3.2 Date Signed: DD/MON/YYYY
lspdlogo
LOS SANTOS POLICE DEPARTMENT
Office of the Chief of Police
Los Santos Police Department — "To Protect and to Serve"

CHIEF OF POLICE
Elena Flores

Return to “Ride-Along Requests”