Surname: Bennet
    1.2 Gender:
    • Male
    1.3 Weight & Height (KG/CM):
    • Weight: 86 kg
      Height: 192 cm
    1.4 Age, Date of Birth (DD/MM/YYYY) & Place of Birth:
      Date of Birth: 24/10/1995
      Place of Birth (City, State/Province, Country): Amsterdam, North-Holland, The Netherlands
    1.5 Are you a United States Citizen? (Place a X in the appropriate box):
      • Yes: [ ]
        No: [X]
    1.6 Confirm you have had your fingerprints taken with a member of LSPD or SASD? (Place a X in the appropriate box):
      • Yes: [ X]
        No: [ ]
    1.7 Contact Details:
    • Phone Number: #3615411
      Mailing Address: Eclipse Tower, Apt. 146

• SECTION 2 - LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY, LICENSES & AVAILABILITY
    2.1 Can you speak to others in English proficiently? (Place a X in the appropriate box):
    • Yes: [X]
    2.2 Can you write to others in English proficiently? (Place a X in the appropriate box):
    • Yes: [X]
    2.3 Please provide proof of your identification and licenses. (( /license; example: https://imgur.com/3VOTXMg )):

• SECTION 3 - PREVIOUS WORK EXPERIENCE
    3.1 Have you ever been employed by the LSEMS, DOC, LSPD, or LSSD? If so what rank and positions did you hold, how long ago was your employment and who was your direct supervisor?:
    • Department: LSPD
      Rank & Positions: Police Officer II (Used to be Police Officer III before my reinstatement)
      Date of Resignation/Termination: 6-10-2021
      Direct Supervisor: Jessica Nash & Jaxon Nash
    3.2 - Please list and explain all prior Employment/Education/Training that you may have that qualifies you for a position:
    • In my early days in Los Santos I worked as a mechanic at Bayview Mechanics. This is back when it was still located near the airport. I met a lot people during this time and improved my so to speak "people skills". Dealing with customers and colleagues got me a understanding of how people will respond in certain situations and how you can interact with them so that you can achieve the wanted results.

I applied for LSPD after some time because i was looking for a way to help the residents of Los Santos. I applied at LSPD and was taken into the academy. During this time I learned as much as I could about the laws of Los Santos and the penal code. I worked my way up to Police Officer III and was a active Field Training Officer helping and training new cadets. Not only knowing but also teaching the penal code made me confident that I really understood what could be and could not be done within our city.

Unfortunatly I had to leave the city for some time and left the department. After i returned to the city I reinstated for LSPD. LSPD took me back in, but told me I had to start as a cadet again. A lot had changed and I had to relearn the penal code and it's changes. This taught me to not give up and be carry on doing my best to regain the position I had before. The shift of LSPD were a lot for me at this moment so i decided to file a resignation and quit my work as a Police Officer II. You need to be able to give your best to help the people. Not just the residents of Los Santos but also my fellow officers. I loved working with my colleagues but some of them made mistakes and wrongfully charged people. Including me, I told my supervisor about the charge but the man served his time before the issue was resolved. So I know something about wrongfully placed charges and how to resolve the issue and how LSPD deals with them.

For this reason i decided to step back as a Police Officer and apply for SAJB and help the residents that are wrongfully convicted.

• SECTION 4 - LONG RESPONSE
    4.1 Why do you want to be employed with the Judicial Branch? (75 WORDS):
    • As stated above. I have witnessed wrongfull convictions from the first row. Our penal code and legal system is there for a reason. We should follow our laws in a right way. Helping people fight wrongfully placed charges or defend proper placed charges is something that motivates me.
    4.2 What would you say is the most valuable trait that you possess? Please explain how that could benefit the SAJB (75 WORDS):
    • My experience as a Police Officer helps me to understand the penal code and how it is applied in the field. Some situations are chaotic and stressfull. Officers can be careless because of the heat of the moment and mistakes are easily made in these moments. During my work as a Police Officer I interacted with a lot of residents of Los Santos. The good, and the bad. I have seen criminals operate, arrested them, padded them down, and questioned them. I've seen both sides of the coin and know how to deal with the emotions of people in thes situations. Getting the right information and spot the right opportunity is crusial. I think I can say I'm able to spot them after serving for some time.
    4.3 If hired please list and explain the things that you would like to see changed in the city (75 WORDS):
    • Some of the charged made by LSPD are not always correct. They try their best to be as correct as possible, but as stated above, misstakes are made. Some charges are given while the evidence is not 100% there. They place a charge because they have seen in happen and they "know what was about to happen". A gut feeling of a officer is not always correct. We need 100% evidence or a charge should not be placed.

Other things are some clarifications. The rules about wearing a mask in public for example. There were a lot of questions regarding this topic and the state wasn't really clear about them. This caused frustration with LSPD and the residents of Los Santos. Be clear, be forgiving and explain things to people instead of writing tickets or arrest people. Teach them, not punish.

First thing i would like to see different is the parking problem within the city. People monitored areas like the LS Bank without paying a ticket. Some of these cars are parked for weeks without getting a ticket or getting towed. Too many cars on the side of the road can be dangerous for other drivers.
    4.4 Have you ever been arrested/convicted of a felony crime? Explain:
    • No,
    4.5 Have you ever been charged with a misdemeanor? Explain:
    • No,
    4.6 Have you ever received a ticket/citation? Explain:
    • Speeding and parking tickets. I would sometimes driver after criminals if I noticed a crime. Used to call 911 and guide them towards the suspects. This sometimes forced me to speed.
    4.7 Please provide a short biography about yourself and why you believe you should be selected (150 WORDS):
    • Most of my conversations used to start with, "Greeting, Police Officer Thomas Bennet from the LSPD". This already tells a lot about me as a person. I've been raised in a normal familly and was a hard working young man from the day i can remember. My dad was a big influence for me. He taught me how not only be respectfull, but also helpfull. Helping people got me into LSPD. I've never been a officer that immediatly writes a ticket or would arrest you. Talking to people and understanding their situtation is more usefull. Dont punish, prevent is from happening again.

If you didn't see me running around in a uniform, I was probably playing some hoops with friends. I've played on a college division I level back in The Netherlands. But we don't make any money up there playing ball, so yea, I stopped playing because I had to get a normal job and pay for food.

• (( SECTION 5 - Eclipse & Roleplay ))
    5.1 Eclipse Forum Details: 5.2 Do you have at least 10000 experience points on the character applying? Provide a screenshot of your /stats. If the character applying to the branch does not have 10000 experience points, please submit both the /stats of the character applying to the branch and one of your characters with more than 10000 experience points. (Example: https://imgur.com/0hIZiof) 5.3 Eclipse Alternate Character(s):
    • Jamal Ganja
    5.4 Have you ever had an admin punishment with this, or any character on Eclipse? If yes, please explain:
    • - Yes, I have been punished on a old character of mine. It was one of my first days playing on ECRP and i wasn't aware of the rules yet. I ran from police and failed Fear RP and showed non RP behaviour.

- I ones made a joke in a /me and one of the other players was insuslted by it. I did "/me waves to the fake gansters on the street" or something like that and one of the players reported me for insulting him in a /me and got a warning

- I didnt play on the server for over 2 years and some rules had changed about robbing people in clear view situations. I robbed someone at the fishing dropoff on my criminal character and this was a too highly populated area. I wasn't aware of the rule that changed and was reported and got a warning

- Admins changed the name of my criminal character without me knowing it. Logged in and my name was changed. I made a bug reported and a admin noticed my name and changed it without me knowing it was a wrong name. We changed the name and all was fine.

These might look like a lot of offenses, but they were all small things. Most of these happened before me applying for PD.
    5.5 Please provide a screenshot of the Eclipse game panel with your 'My Characters' and 'Admin Logs' (Example: https://imgur.com/wK0OQhv): 5.6 Past Police / Medical RP experience / Justice (Please include character names if on this server):
    • Thomas Bennet
    5.7 Do you have any in-game Police, Medical, or Government references?:
    • Yes, people of LSPD
    5.8 Please provide your Discord name and ID:
    • Furbz #6158
    5.9 Please post a link to your reinstatement application if applicable:
    • N/a

• (( SECTION 6 - About Yourself ))
    6.1 About You:
      Timezone: CET / CEST
    6.2 Do you currently play on any other GTA-RP servers and are you in any faction positions there?:
    • No
    6.3 Additional Information about yourself that you consider beneficial to the Judicial Branch?:
    • I have been interested in Judicial / legal work after binge watching Suits 2 times :D. Documentaries and podcast about The Innocent Program for example are really intesting to me. Nothing special, just overall intest in legal system

• I, Thomas, Bennet confirm that this application is all my own work and that all the information within this application is truthful to the best of my knowledge.
Aurora Everdeen
ECRP Forum Name: Aurora James

Re: SAJB Application - Thomas Bennet

Post by Aurora Everdeen »

San Andreas Judicial Branch

"HERE FOR YOU | SAFE FOR YOU"

• Mr Bennet,

The San Andreas Judicial Branch has received your application. We will review the information provided, evaluate your qualifications, and perform the appropriate background checks. Please be patient while we conduct this process and we will be in touch with you soon.
    Respectfully,

Aurora James
    Attorney General
    Director of the Bar Association
Thomas Bennet
Retired Police Officer II
ECRP Forum Name: Furbz

LSPD Awards for Service

Post by Thomas Bennet »

Greetings Aurora James,

Thank you for taking a look into my application. Please let me know if I can assist you during the evaluation of my qualificiation by answering any questions you might have.

I'm not sure if this is any helpfull to you but I have done a background check at the police department myself, and I must inform you that I got a additional ticket today for speeding at the fishing pier. A man assualted somene and i drove after him after i called 911. Jessica Nash can confirm this situation.

Kind Regards,

Thomas Bennet
Hank Holt
ECRP Forum Name: dilqui9

Post by Hank Holt »

"HERE FOR YOU | SAFE FOR YOU"

• Mr. Bennet,

After careful review of your background, including an examination of LSPD employment records, I'm afraid that we will have to DECLINE your application as we do not feel as if you would be a good fit for this branch. The reasons for the denial are as follows:
    • Not a US Citizen,
    • Consistent pattern of inactivity notices, which continued after you were re-employed with the LSPD,
    • Various behavioral as well as procedural irregularities noted throughout your tenure with LSPD.

• Respectfully,

Hank Holt
    Court Clerk

Return to “SAJB - Denied Applications”