OFFICERS NAME: Jessica Nash
BADGE NUMBER: Unknown
ATTORNEY NAME:
ATTORNEY PHONE:
Incident Information:
DATE AND TIME OF INCIDENT(s): 26/06/21 at 16:15

CHARGES BEING APPEALED: Disturbing The Peace & Impounding of Personal Vehicle

DEFENDANTS STORY/OPENING STATEMENTS:
I was at the Los Santos Impound lot and was racially abused and threatened by an individual, this then led to a verbal argument between the individual and myself but never progressed to violence. During the peak of the argument, Sergeant Nash and her partner arrived at the scene and began speaking to the other individual for an unrelated matter. I then tried to report the fact the other individual had been abusive and threatening towards me to Sergeant Nash, as she was an on-duty police officer. Sergeant Nash then snapped back at me stating that she did not want to hear me open my mouth. As I was already upset and under severe duress, I wrongly allowed my emotions to take control and I snapped back at Sergeant Nash using expletives and stated that I did not want to hear her open her mouth either.

Sergeant Nash and her partner then exited their vehicle with Sergeant Nash withdrawing her tazer stating that I was under arrest for Disturbing The Peace. It is important to mention that at no point did I receive any warning to leave the area or stop using expletive language. I instantly complied whilst extremely shocked that I was the one being arrested even though I was trying to report a crime. I was then placed in handcuffs, searched and then detained in the back of Sergeant Nash's cruiser. During my arrest, Sergeant Nash instructed her partner to impound my vehicle which was legally parked in the Impound Lot and not being used during the time of my arrest.

I am submitting this appeal as I believe the actions of Sergeant Nash were highly illegal, immoral and fueled by personal bias from previous encounters. I also intend on suing the Los Santos Police Department for intimidation, false arrest, false imprisonment, battery and grand theft auto.

The entire incident would have been captured on Sergeant Nash's body-worn camera, her partner's body-worn camera and also on the Impound Lot's CCTV camera. I have made efforts to retrieve a copy of any footage of the incident but have been refused access based on the grounds of privacy.

((I have OOC footage which can be used in the absence of Nash or her Partner's POV))

Signed,
Billy Bluewater

Bret Hyland
Judicial Branch
ECRP Forum Name:

Re: Billy Bluewater | Charges Appeal

Post by Bret Hyland »

San Andreas Justice Department

Re: Matt Owen|Charge Appeal
"HERE FOR YOU | SAFE FOR YOU"

• Mr. Bluewater,
    Your appeal application is received, should you require an attorney to assist you in representation and collection of evidence please make this known. It will be your or your attorney's responsibility to pursued the residing judge of your claims.
    As this is not solely an appeal, but also an attempt to sue the department, you will be responsible to compensate the attorney for their time involved in the litigations.

At this time cases lodged against the LSPD and SASD are being put on hold for a short time to allow the LSPD and SASD to complete their internal regulations pertaining to handling of appeals.

Please ensure check back frequently, failure to respond to a notice from the Judge residing may result in your case being no longer considered.

• From

Honorable Bret Hyland
    Judge
    San Andreas Judicial Branch
    San Andreas Government
Billy Bluewater
ECRP Forum Name:

Post by Billy Bluewater »

Dear Judge Hyland,

I have received the attached email correspondence from the LSPD's Internal Affairs Group informing me that I was not charged with Disturbing The Peace but instead Obstruction of Justice. This information causes even more concern as Sergeant Jessica Nash was not conducting an investigation nor was she questioning anybody.

Sincerely,
Billy Bluewater
Elena Blake wrote:Sat Jul 03, 2021 8:30 am Image
-
lspdlogo
-
Los Santos Police Department
Office of the Chief of Police
INTERNAL AFFAIRS GROUP
CASE DETAILS
  • Response Dated: 03/JUL/2021
    Case Identifier: #84451
    Case Status: Exonerated

Internal Investigators:
    • Assistant Chief of Police Elena Blake - Commanding Officer, Internal Affairs Group
    • Police Lieutenant II Grace Hunter - Internal Investigator
CASE RESPONSE
  • Dear Billy Bluewater,

We are contacting you about an Internal Affairs report you submitted on 26/JUN/2021. The report is hereby concluded.

First and foremost, we would like to thank you for taking the time to submit a formal employee complaint with the Los Santos Police Department Internal Affairs Group. Following a preliminary review of the formal complaint, an investigation was opened into the allegations that were made in the initial formal complaint. We have now reached the stage in the investigation where we believe the investigation to be complete.

Following the completion of an investigation into the allegations that were made in the initial formal complaint, we have concluded this case under the ruling of EXONERATED, meaning that the investigation has shown that the alleged act(s) occurred but was fully justified, lawful, and proper.

Based on the evidence discovered through the investigation, we have found that the actions taken by the officer in question were justified on the grounds of improper and disruptive behavior towards the officers present by the complainant, while simultaneously acting in an unruly manner towards a civilian present. Furthermore, the complainant [you] was not charged with any count(s) of "Disturbing the Peace" but instead was charged with a count of "Obstruction of Justice".

The Los Santos Police Department no longer deals with charge appeals. If the complainant wishes to pursue a further appeal of their charges, they may do so through the San Andreas Judicial Branch.

If you are unsatisfied with our response, you are entitled to appeal the result of a case to the Chief of Police.

• Sincerely,

Police Lieutenant II Grace Hunter
    Internal Investigator, Internal Affairs Group

Assistant Chief of Police Elena Blake
    Commanding Officer, Internal Affairs Group
Bret Hyland
Judicial Branch
ECRP Forum Name:

Post by Bret Hyland »

Re: Matt Owen|Charge Appeal

• Mr. Bluewater,
    As previously stated, we are currently holding all requests for appeal, this is pending both the LSPD and the LSSD completing their internal policies and procedures.
    I as a judge shall not act on your behalf, nor shall I comment until all appropriate evidence is present to me in accordance with our policies. I strongly suggest you make arrangements with one of attorneys to assist you in your case.

• From

Honorable Bret Hyland
    Judge
    San Andreas Government
Bret Hyland
Judicial Branch
ECRP Forum Name:

Post by Bret Hyland »

Subject

• Should you desire to employ an attorney please visit our Personnel page and contact one of them via email promptly, otherwise it is assumed you shall be self representing.
    Please advise how you wish to proceed, failure todo so by Friday July 16th will result in the case being concluded without further statements. Once we know you wish to progress via either method, we will await the LSPD's completion of their policies then continue with the case.

• From

Honorable Bret Hyland
    Judge
    San Andreas Government
Aurora Everdeen
ECRP Forum Name: Aurora James

Post by Aurora Everdeen »

• Mr. Bluewater,

Thank you for your patience in this process. My name is Aurora James and I will be acting as your state-appointed attorney for your appeal. I have emailed you regarding setting up a preparatory meeting to discuss this case. Please get back to me at your earliest convenience.

Regards,

Aurora James
    State Attorney
Billy Bluewater
ECRP Forum Name:

(( removed ))
Last edited by Billy Bluewater on Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bret Hyland
Judicial Branch
ECRP Forum Name:

Post by Bret Hyland »

((This video can no be used until proof of body camera rp has been recieved, it will not be taken into account until it is filed appropriately))
Billy Bluewater
ECRP Forum Name:

Bret Hyland wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:46 pm ((This video can no be used until proof of body camera rp has been recieved, it will not be taken into account until it is filed appropriately))
((Shit, I meant to PM this to Aurora - sorry. Deleted))
Aurora Everdeen
ECRP Forum Name: Aurora James

Post by Aurora Everdeen »

Discovery
Discovery

Honorable : Judge Bret Hyland
  • We, the __Defense__ in the case below are requesting evidence be provided pertaining to the case with detailed reasoning as to our request below.
    Case: [State of San Andreas] vs. [Billy Bluewater]
    Assigned Court Case Number: 21-1-00001
    Requesting Party: [Defendant]
    Party Members: Billy Bluewater
    Discovery from: [LSPD/Sgt. Jessica Nash/unknown LSPD officer partnering with Sgt. Nash on 26/Jun/2021]

Type of Discovery: [Deposition/Physical Evidence/Interview/Interrogation/Document Request] (Ex. Interview)

[CCTV footage from City Impound, CCTV from booking 26/Jun/2021, police incident/arrest report completed by Sgt. Jessica Nash, Statement from Sgt. Nash, Statement from Sgt. Nash’s partner(officers name unknown at this time) Bodycam footage from Sgt. Jessica Nash 26/Jun/2021, Bodycam footage from Sgt. Nash's partner 26/Jun/2021 ]

Detailed reasoning: [Provide a detail explanation as to the relevance of the discovery request ]
    • LSPD Impound CCTV footage from 26/Jun/2021- would clearly show the interaction between the officers and the defendant
    • CCTV footage from booking 26/Jun/2021-relevant to the charge the defendant received
    • Police incident/arrest report completed by Sgt. Jessica Nash 26/Jun/2021 - relevant to details at the time of the incident as well as the arrest
    • Statement from Sgt Jessica Nash - relevant to have the officers point of view
    • Name of Sgt. Jessica Nash’s partner on 26/Jun/2021 - relevant to request a statement as well as bodycam footage from that officer having been present during the incident
    • Statement from Sgt. Nash’s partner(name unknown at this time)
    • Bodycam footage from Sgt. Jessica Nash 26/Jun/2021 - relevant to corroborate the series of events during the incident
    • Bodycam footage from assisting officer 26/Jun/2021 - relevant to corroborate Sgt. Nash's statements and/or testimony

Thank you for your consideration.

Regards,

State Attorney, Aurora James
Bret Hyland
Judicial Branch
ECRP Forum Name:

Post by Bret Hyland »

• Attorney James.

Please correspond via e-mail pertaining to cases ones the appeal has been lodged, this protects the identity of those involved, as we wont be issuing names of officers involved in cases at an stage to protect their privacy.

• From

Honorable Bret Hyland
    Judge
    San Andreas Government
Bret Hyland
Judicial Branch
ECRP Forum Name:

Post by Bret Hyland »

• I will be taking this case into the Appeals court. Please have your attorney forward me all correspondences todate so we may begin the process of review.

All correspondences hence forth shall be done via e-mail and be considered sworn statements, thus insure they are the truth and to the best of your knowledge.

Again my apologizes in the time it took to take this case on, I want to ensure each case I handle gets the attention it deserves.

• From

Honorable Bret Hyland
    Judge
    San Andreas Government
Bret Hyland
Judicial Branch
ECRP Forum Name:

Re: Billy Bluewater | Charges Appeal 21-06-26-AP-003

Post by Bret Hyland »

Form 3.0.5 - Issuance of Verdict

ISSUANCE OF VERDICT - 21-06-26-AP-003

IN THE APPEALS COURT OF SAN ANDREAS

Billy Bluewater Vs Los Santos Police Department
21-06-26-AP-003

• CHARGES BEING APPEALED: OBSTRUCTION OF JUSTICE

A verdict was entered in the above case on the 11th day of September, 2021.

• The case of 21-06-26-AP-003 - Billy Bluewater Vs State has hereby been resolved.

Both Parties are hereby notified that the Appeal of the following charges has been amended. The amendment is due to the evidence submitted to the court outlining that the appellate was in fact charged with "Obstruction of Justice" not "Disturbing the Peace".

After a lengthy review of all evidence and statements collected a Summary Judgement was passed that the Charge of Obstruction of Justice on the 26th day of June 2021 is to be stricken from Mr. Bluewater's Record and in its place will stand Disturbing the Peace.

The footage and statements provided by the Respondent, showed no Lawful investigation was ongoing, or legal questioning was occurring at the time. Thus the use of Obstruction of Justice is deemed to not be the correct charge to have been applied to Mr. Bluewater.

While we the Court find Mr. Bluewater in violation of the Peace, we do not find him in violation of Obstructing an investigation on the grounds that the officer were not conducting a legal investigation in an attempt to gather information together with facts in a situation to be tried in court or to place criminal charges against the other gentle man.

Due to both charges at the time of the detainment holding a $1,000 fine and 25weeks ((minutes)) of incarceration Mr. Bluewater is not to be reprimanded to jail or additional fines applied.

• CHARGES BEING APPEALED: OBSTRUCTION OF JUSTICE

Honorable Bret Hyland
    Judge
    San Andreas Government

Return to “SAJB - Archived Appeal Cases”