"HERE FOR YOU | SAFE FOR YOU"

Personal Information:
DEFENDANTS NAME: Matt Owen
DEFENDANTS PHONE: 416-5894
DEFENDANTS ADDRESS: Weazel Towers Apartments
ATTORNEY NAME: N/A
ATTORNEY PHONE: N/A
General Information:
OFFICERS NAME: Michael Jacobs (N/A If Unknown)
BADGE NUMBER: N/A
ATTORNEY NAME: N/A
ATTORNEY PHONE: N/A
Incident Information:
DATE AND TIME OF INCIDENT(s): 22/06/2021

CHARGES BEING APPEALED: MANUFACTURING NARCOTICS, POSESSION OF ILLEGAL FIREARMS/WEAPONS, FIREARMS MODIFICATION

DEFENDANTS STORY/OPENING STATEMENTS:As I was talking to my tenant/friend Myles Duglin at my apartment complex just coming into town, I was apprehended by the LSPD officer Jacobs shockingly, and told I am being arrested for "Weapon Modifications". Jacobs decided he could house raid my apartment. I do not know what is inside the apartment, as I allow my friend Mr. Duglin to stay there free of cost, nothing on the books or whatnot. Jacobs house raids the apartment and finds drug tables and other contraband, which is unbeknownst to me since Myles lives there. For context, Myles was at the scene as well. I understand how this might be my responsibility as I own the property, but I felt as if Myles was a grown adult who can not break the law. I do not feel Officer Jacobs had any right to house raid my apartment, as he had no reason to believe there had been anything inside of it. He had no reason to go inside. He did not even see me exiting my apartment. All he saw was my walk downstairs. I am deeply disappointed, as I have not been charged with a crime in over a year and have kept clean for my time in LS as a cab driver. I will now be unable to have a job large duration of time due to a house raid that should have never taken place. (any evidence attached must pertain to or somehow involve the situation)

Signed,
Matt Owen

Last edited by Matt Owen on Sat Jul 03, 2021 3:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Bret Hyland
Judicial Branch
ECRP Forum Name:

Re: Matt Owen|Charge Appeal

Post by Bret Hyland »

San Andreas Justice Department

• Mr. Owen,
    Your appeal application is received, should you require an attorney to assist you in representation and collection of evidence please make this known. It will be your or your attorney's responsibility to pursued the residing judge of your claims.
    At this time cases lodged against the LSPD and SASD are being put on hold for a short time to allow the LSPD and SASD to complete their internal regulations pertaining to handling of appeals.

Please ensure check back frequently, failure to respond to a notice from the Judge residing may result in your case being no longer considered.

• From

Honorable Bret Hyland
    Judge
    San Andreas Judicial Branch
    San Andreas Government
Bret Hyland
Judicial Branch
ECRP Forum Name:

Post by Bret Hyland »

• Mr. Owen,
    You will have until Friday end of day to inform us of your decision pertaining to your directive of self representation or employment of an State Attorney. Failure todo so will result in your case being concluded without you.

• From

Honorable Bret Hyland
    Judge
    San Andreas Government
Matt Owen
ECRP Forum Name:

Post by Matt Owen »

I will choose to represent myself.
Bret Hyland
Judicial Branch
ECRP Forum Name:

Re: Matt Owen|Charge Appeal 26-06-22-AP-002

Post by Bret Hyland »

• Mr. Owen
    As you have chosen to self represent you will be contacted directly with notice of action and requests from the court.
    Failure to provide information within the allotted time will result in a default judgement on your claim. Please ensure you follow up immediately with all requested information promptly.
    All information presented to the court is considered truthful and lawfully obtained, should you knowingly provide false information or unlawfully obtained information you will be subject to Criminal Charges and Fines.

At this time I am pleased to state your case is under review, please check your email frequently to ensure all criteria's are met.

• From

Honorable Bret Hyland
    Judge
    San Andreas Government
Bret Hyland
Judicial Branch
ECRP Forum Name:

Post by Bret Hyland »

Form 3.0.5 - Issuance of Verdict

ISSUANCE OF VERDICT - 21-06-26-AP-002

IN THE APPEALS COURT OF SAN ANDREAS

Matt Owen Vs Los Santos Police Department
21-06-26-AP-002

A verdict was entered in the above case on the 4th day of August, 2021.
  • The case of 21-06-26-AP-002 - Matt Owen Vs State has hereby been resolved.

Both Parties are hereby notified that the Appeal of the following charges has been denied. The denial is due to a lack of supporting evidence submitted by the Appealing Party.

• CHARGES BEING APPEALED: MANUFACTURING NARCOTICS, POSESSION OF ILLEGAL FIREARMS/WEAPONS, FIREARMS MODIFICATION

Honorable Bret Hyland
    Judge
    San Andreas Government

Return to “SAJB - Archived Appeal Cases”