ATTORNEY NAME: Letov Vladislav
ATTORNEY PHONE: 418 1478
General Information:
OFFICERS NAME: Hardy Pierce
BADGE NUMBER: 9324
ATTORNEY NAME: N/A
ATTORNEY PHONE: N/A
Incident Information:
DATE AND TIME OF INCIDENT(s): 09/25/2021 12:30 AM ((UTC))

CHARGES BEING APPEALED: VF05 - Felony Public Endangerment

DEFENDANTS STORY/OPENING STATEMENTS: On Friday night at somewhere around 12:30 am ((UTC)). I was going with the Comet with a Jimmy Trenk to Paleto. On the Senora Freeway, I was driving 190 km/h. Right past the farm I heard a sirence and saw the blue light behind me, stopped a few meters after. The Kamacho and one police car pulled up for a second then drove past me and turned of they're sirence and lights. I keeped going, my bad that I was speeding again. At the level of the Dancing Disco shop they were on the right side of the freeway and I was passing them with 190 km/h still. As I looked back I didn't saw them behind me, keeped going until I reached Bayview and slowed down to 120 km/h. As I looked back again I saw the blue lights and heard sirence, pulled over immediately and turned the engine off. My friend hoped out the car before they even were there. The Sheriff Hardy stepped out of the Kamacho with his Shotgun, told me to get out of the car. I stepped out with my hands up. He just arrested me, didn't said anything to me, not what I did that wrong, not what is happening, not even my rights. He told another Sheriff to take me, still didn't said anything to me. I was cooperative and all. Sat in the cruiser of the SD Sheriff Montasser. He brought me to DOC for it. Still didn't said anything. As we arrived at DOC I got processed and placed in a cell. After that I got told that I got arrested for Public Endagement. That caused a big problem in my working and private career.

Signed,
William Taylor

Last edited by Judith Mason on Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Assigned Docket Number
Zachary LaBlaze
ECRP Forum Name: ItzHoover

Re: William Taylor | Charges Appeal | 09/25/2021

Post by Zachary LaBlaze »

San Andreas Judicial Branch

Re: William Taylor | Charges Appeal 25-09-21
"HERE FOR YOU | SAFE FOR YOU"

• Your Honor,

My name is Zachary LaBlaze and I will be acting as counsel for the Los Santos Sherriff's Department in this case upon its commencement. I will be reaching out to my client and familiarizing myself with the case in the coming days and will be ready to proceed at the court's discretion.

From

Attorney Zachary LaBlaze
    State Attorney

(209) 538 - 4399 / [email protected]
Bret Hyland
Judicial Branch
ECRP Forum Name:

Post by Bret Hyland »

San Andreas Justice Department

• Mr. Taylor,
    Please explain why you feel the charges are un justified, based on your description of the events I find it difficult to pick out the information that would present the opportunity for a change or removal of the applied charge.

• From

Associate Justice Bret Hyland
    San Andreas Government
Bret Hyland
Judicial Branch
ECRP Forum Name:

Post by Bret Hyland »

San Andreas Justice Department

• Clerk Mason, please take this case on your docket and begin the pretrial discovery process. Attorney General James, please assist Mr. Taylor with getting an attorney.

(( @Judith Mason @Aurora James ))

• From

San Andreas Government
Aurora Everdeen
ECRP Forum Name: Aurora James

Post by Aurora Everdeen »

• Dear Honorable Assistant Justice Hyland,

After looking over the posts, I believe there is representation already in place for both side in this case.

(( @Bret Hyland ))

• Respectfully,

Aurora James
    Attorney General
    Director of Bar Association
Judith Mason
Judicial Branch
ECRP Forum Name: Judge Judy

SAJB Awards

Post by Judith Mason »

• To whom it may concern,

Good day - I am Judith Mason, a court clerk with the San Andreas Judicial Branch and I will be presiding over this case at the direction of Associate Justice Hyland.

Counsel, please speak to your respective clients if you have not done so already and send any requests for information to me so that I may issue them to the appropriate parties.

Respectfully,

Judith Mason
    Court Clerk
Judith Mason
Judicial Branch

SAJB Awards

Re: [21-09-25-AP-008] William Taylor | Charges Appeal

Post by Judith Mason »

Discovery
Discovery

(Future) Honorable : Judith Mason
  • We the appellants in the case below are requesting a statement and bodycam footage from both Deputy REDACTED and Sheriff REDACTED.
    William Taylor v. Los Santos County Sheriff's Department
    Assigned Court Case Number: 21-09-25-AP-008
    Requesting Party: State Attorney Letov Vladislav
    Party Members: William Taylor, Letov Vladislav
    Discovery from: LSSD, Deputy REDACTED and, Sheriff REDACTED

Type of Discovery:
    • Statement
    Detailed reasoning:
    • The point of the statement is to gather the Sheriff's and Deputy's view on the arrest and compare it to that of my clients. The statement will also be use in tandem with the future footage to show my client did not commit the crime he is appealing.

Type of Discovery:
    • Evidence in the form of a bodycam or dashcam recording
    Detailed reasoning:
    • The footage is relevant because my client and I believe it will prove his innocence. As in the footage it should show my client was posing no danger to others on the road.

Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely
State Attorney, L., Vladislav
Judith Mason
Judicial Branch

SAJB Awards

Post by Judith Mason »

REDACTED wrote:Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:48 pm Image

Official Witness Statement
Case Information
  • Case Number: [Case Number]
    Incident Date: [01/JAN/2000]
Witness Information
  • Name: Assistant Sheriff REDACTED
    Date of Birth: REDACTED
    Phone Number: N/A
    Occupation: Assistant Sheriff of the Los Santos County Sheriffs Department
Witness Statement
  • I was patrolling on the date and time in question. The appellant was as he admits in his statement driving 190 km/h in clear excess of the speed limit. I went to pull the suspects vehicle over for this infraction when there was commotion over the radio. A situation of higher priority became apparent and I decided to cancel my stop on the appellant and head towards Paleto where the situation was continuing.

Whilst on the way, the call was cancelled so I dropped my response. I turned off my lights and sirens and began to drive normally at the speed limit. At this time I was at the North Store. As I did so, Sheriff REDACTED's vehicle was alongside mine as he too was responding and dropped response. The appellant then in clear excess of the speed limit undertook our vehicles crashing through the vertical yellow chevrons in the centre of the road. He swerved into the incorrect lane of travel and presented a lethal danger to users of the road headed in the other direction. Sheriff REDACTED and I activated our lights and sirens and gave chase.

The vehicle failed to stop and crashed just after Bayview. Due to the vehicle failing to stop, the excessive speed of the vehicle and it's manner of driving, I ordered that felony public endangerment was issued to the appellant. The reason for this was simple: felony public endangerment is "placing the public in acute danger and or putting a major risk to public safety through unsafe operation of a motor vehicle, firearm, etc." The appellant did exactly this as aforementioned and was charged as such.

My bodycam footage portrays this chain of events exactly as described. ((The events took place over 3 weeks ago and do not have the evidence of placing the bodycam on nor do I have any actual footage.))
Witness Affirmation
  • I, REDACTED, affirm that the above statement is true to the best of my knowledge and belief. I affirm that this statement has been made voluntarily, made without promise of reward, and made not under threat, force, or coersion. ((I affirm that all information submitted has been obtained via In-Character means.))

Signed,

SIGNATURE REDACTED
    Assistant Sheriff REDACTED
    LSSD

Date: 12/10/21
Judith Mason
Judicial Branch

SAJB Awards

Post by Judith Mason »

Zachary LaBlaze wrote:Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:02 am Image

Transcript: William Taylor v. Los Santos Sheriff's Department - REDACTED Statement

• Your Honor,

Enclosed is the transcript of the statement provided in the associated video, as documented, translated, and understood by the San Andreas Judicial Branch's Blaine County Disctrict Attorney's Office.
    REDACTED wrote:
    • Zachary LaBlaze : [Inaudible]
      REDACTED: Uhhh - Okay should I start right?
      REDACTED: Okay, this is Deputy Sheriff III REDACTED and my
      callsign is REDACTED.
      REDACTED: I did arrest - uh - Mister William Taylor.
      REDACTED: Basically what happened that day is - uh - I was going, *inaudible* Senora
      Freeway and then I found Sheriff REDACTED doing a U-turn trying to catch up with Mister Taylor.
      He was going really fast.
      REDACTED: Next to bayview and there was some people next to Bayview, and
      they tried to avoid them and then he continued going and then - uh - Sheriff REDACTED went
      for Tac One and I was the only unit behind him.
      REDACTED: Then after that Mister Taylor pulled over next to, I belive it was - uh -
      uhhhh - next to the parking lot as far as I remember; and then - uhhh - Sheriff REDACTED told
      me, "REDACTED, you need to add the charges", which was Felony Public Endagerment [VF05]. I had
      to follow my - uh - my Sheriff. Then I add[ed] the charges and arrest him.
    Take Care,

Zachary LaBlaze
    District Attorney
    Blaine County District Attorney's Office

(209) 538 - 4399 / [email protected]
Judith Mason
Judicial Branch

SAJB Awards

Post by Judith Mason »

Letov Vladislav wrote:Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:35 am Image

Personal Email

• Judith Mason and Zachary LaBlaze,

I received a witness testimony from a Mr. REDACTED and I will be submitting it as evidence. Mr. REDACTED was present on the day of the arrest and is willing to swear an oath in court if need be. Outlined below is the email I received from him this evening.

-------- Original Message --------
    Subject: Statement for William's Taylor Appeal
    Date: Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:06 pm
    To: Letov Vladislav
    REDACTED wrote: Hello Mr. Letov.

I, REDACTED am writing this letter to let you know how it went when Mr. Taylor was arrested.

Mr. Taylor and I as a passenger were driving from the city up to Paleto on the highway. When we passed the farm that's near DOC, after like 1 kilometer after the farm, we heard sirens behind us. We stopped on the right side of the road. When we looked at the mirrors there were 2 police vehicles behind us. As I could take a look, there was a Kamacho and a Cruiser behind us. As I remember the Kamacho was driven by Officer REDACTED and Officer REDACTED was driving the cruiser. When we stopped on the side of the road, the police vehicles slowed down, got behind us, and after a second or so, they turned off the lights and the sirens and passed us. We waited there for like 10 seconds, nothing was happening, so Mr. Taylor started the engine of the car and started driving. While we were behind the police vehicles, they didn't turn on the sirens or the lights, so Mr. Taylor went on the left side of the road (the fast lane) and passed both police vehicles right in front of the gas station (near DancingDisco store) that is on the highway and right away went on the right lane as soon as he passed both vehicles because they were slowing down and trying to get in that gas station because I think there was some situation happening there, since there were like 2 or more police vehicles already. At that time Mr. Taylor was driving fast and with that speed, we passed them so fast. At that time, we couldn't hear any sirens or see the lights because we were so far away from them, but as soon as we got to Bayview, Mr. Taylor started slowing down, and that is the time when we saw the lights and heard the sirens. Mr. Taylor started to slow down more so the vehicle would stop, and we stopped on the right side of the road near the buildings, in front of High-End Vehicle Market in Paleto. When the officers came, they cuffed us both, searched us, didn't read us the rights, they just put Mr. Taylor in the back of the Cruiser. I just heard out of the Cruiser's window Officer REDACTED radioing that he's bringing Mr. Taylor to DOC and they left me there in cuffs with 2 other officers who were confused about what is happening and why am I in cuffs too. After Officer REDACTED left for DOC with Mr. Taylor, they uncuffed me and let me go. Also, they towed the car, which was from a friend of Mr. Taylor, and put it in the Impound, but not the police one.

So that's all I have to say about the situation.

Best Regards,

REDACTED
    From

State Attorney Letov Vladislav
Judith Mason
Judicial Branch

SAJB Awards

Post by Judith Mason »

San Andreas Appeals Court
William Taylor
v.
Los Santos Sheriffs Department
[21-09-25-AP-008] - Honorable Court Clerk Judith Mason, Your Honor Bret Hyland (presiding)

Pursuant to the case of William Taylor vs.Los Santos Sheriff's Department, San Andreas District Attorney Zachary LaBlaze on behalf of the State of San Andreas, and Sheriff John Wallace on behalf of the Los Santos Sheriff's Department, and defendant (Appellant) William Taylor, and the defense counsel, Letov Vladislav, have entered into agreement, the terms of which are as follows;
  1. Current Charges
    The appellant, William Taylor, agrees to plead guilty to the following charges:
    • (VM03) - (Reckless Operation of a Road or Marine Vehicle)
  2. Former Charges
    The state shall pursue the current charges listed above, in place of the original charges listed below:
    • (VF05) - (Felony Public Endangerment)
  3. General Provisions
    The defendant agrees to plead guilty to Reckless Operation of a Road or Marine Vehicle, SASG Penal Code VM03. The state will no longer pursue the charge of Felony Public Endangerment, SASG Penal Code VF05. The defendant/appellant will not be required to pay court fees or associated appeal fees.
  4. Sentencing for New Charges
    This plea bargain was issued during appeal, and therefore the state and appellant have agreed that no further sentencing will be imposed.
  5. Waiver of Rights
    It is CRITICAL that you read this section of the plea agreement thoroughly. By signing this document, the appellant agrees to surrender certain rights, notably; the appellant may not further appeal charges agreed to within this plea bargain. This agreement may not be terminated at the discretion of an appellant or appellant's counsel. By signing this document, the appellant is pleading guilty to the charges listed in section I and these charges may not be challenged at a later date. In signing this plea agreement, the Los Santos Sheriff's Department admits no fault or wrong-doing related to Mr. Taylor's arrest or associated charge.

District Attorney Zachary LaBlaze
    District Attorney's Office
    Date Signed: 19/OCT/2021

Sheriff John Wallace
    Los Santos Sheriff's Department
    Date Signed: 23/OCT/2021

William Taylor
    Appellant
    Date Signed: 20/OCT/2021

Letov Vladislav
    Appellant's Counsel
    Date Signed: 20/OCT/2021

Honorable Court Clerk Judith Mason
    San Andreas Court of Appeals
    Date Signed: 25/OCT/2021

San Andreas Court of Appeals
    Date Signed: 25/OCT/2021
Judith Mason
Judicial Branch

SAJB Awards

Post by Judith Mason »

Form 3.0.5 - Issuance of Verdict

ISSUANCE OF VERDICT - 21-09-25-AP-008

IN THE APPEALS COURT OF SAN ANDREAS

William Taylor v. Los Santos County Sheriff's Department
21-09-25-AP-008

A verdict was entered in the above case on the 16th day of November, 2021.

• The case of 21-09-25-AP-008 - William Taylor v. Los Santos County Sheriff's Department has hereby been resolved.

Both Parties are hereby notified that the Plea Agreement has been accepted by the Court. The Appellant, William Taylor, is therefore found Guilty of VM03 - Reckless Operation of a Road or Marine Vehicle, and the charge of VF05 - Felony Public Endangerment has been dismissed.

Charge Being Appealed:
    VF05 - Felony Public Endangerment
    Description:
    Placing the public in acute danger and or putting a major risk to public safety through unsafe operation of a motor vehicle, firearm, etc.
    Sentence: 60 ((minutes))
    Fine: $4,000
    Driver's License: Suspended for two days
    Trucker's License: Suspended for two days
    Weapon's License: Revoked

Charge Being Applied:
    VM03 - Reckless Operation of a Road or Marine Vehicle
    Description:
    Driving in a manner that endangers property, vehicles or life including breaking multiple road rules.
    Sentence: 20 ((minutes))
    Fine: $3,000
    Driver's License: Suspended for two days
    Trucker's License: Suspended for two days
    Weapon's License: Intact

Due to the difference in sentencing and fines, the Appellant is hereby being issued restitution in the amount of $1,000 for over-payment of fines and $4,333 for time spent incarcerated, in accordance with current policy.

As per the Plea Agreement, the Appellant will not be required to pay any court fees and/or any associated appeal fees, and will not have the right to appeal this decision to a higher court at a later date.

Supreme Court

Court Clerk Judith Mason
    Appeals Court

Return to “SAJB - Archived Appeal Cases”