Ricky_Donohue Sentence Appeal/ Need for Officer Retraining

RickyDon
ECRP Forum Name: Frenzy66

Ricky_Donohue Sentence Appeal/ Need for Officer Retraining

Post by RickyDon »

Hi, I feel I was arrested wrongfully. I was riding my bike down the street when I crashed. A good couple minutes later, an officer comes by and helps me. He then instantly wants to identify me. The law states that "Failure to comply with a lawful command by a law enforcement officer, including when he requests you to identify who you are during the course of an investigation." The key word here is investigation. What crime is the officer investigating? He had no right to be suspicious of literally anything I was doing. I was injured in the street. Is being injured and having a broken leg considered suspicious? In that case, any persons with any injury can be subject to detainment by law enforcement, giving them far too much unchecked power. Afterwards, he said he investigated because there was "a bulge in my pants," referring to my gun. Is simply having a gun considered suspicious? Does even having a gun constitute violating my rights and forcing an identification? In that case, even when having a guns license and doing everything legally, buying the gun from the store, I can still be detained and investigated. The point of the post here is that an officer can basically force you to identify yourself for any reason what so ever, and I feel that is wrong. There needs to be a special training on how far their powers actually extend, and it should come from the judicial department. A massive function of the judicial branch is checks and balances, and the police need to be checked and balanced in this situation.

For this case, I would hope that you look up my arrest records and find the officer in question. I was not able to obtain the badge number. Thank you.

Ricky Donohue
James Mayfeld
ECRP Forum Name:

Re: Ricky_Donohue Sentence Appeal/ Need for Officer Retraining

Post by James Mayfeld »

San Andreas Judicial Branch

[SAJB] Appeal Application
"HERE FOR YOU | SAFE FOR YOU"

• Ricky Donohue,

We are currently not accepting any appeal applications at this time while we are structuring. Thank you for the submitted application.

From

Chief Justice James Mayfeld
    Supreme Court

Bret Hyland
Judicial Branch
ECRP Forum Name:

Post by Bret Hyland »

San Andreas Justice Department

"HERE FOR YOU | SAFE FOR YOU"

• Mr. Donohue,
    Your appeal was submitted prior to us opening the appeal courts and process as it was still being developed. As this case falls outside of the criteria, I hope you had taken the opportunity at the time to inquire with the Los Santos Police department concerning this matter.

From the Information pertaining to Obtaining a Permit.
    You must abide by the penal code and the firearms-related codes.
    When in possession of a firearm in the presence of a peace officer, you must make it known that you have a firearm in your possession.
    To expand on this, you as a licensed permit holder are required to provide identification to an officer upon request in order to maintain good standing with the Firearms licensing Bureau, failure to do so may result in your license being suspended and/or revoked.

Pertaining to this case, had this been filed within the allotted window for an appeal you would be required to collect all evidence and provide a case, or hire an attorney to do so for you. As the Court is not responsible to complete investigations into these maters directly and require citizens to Self Represent, or have a licensed attorney represent them in their hearings.

Going forward ensure you utilize the appropriate, and provided templates for appeal applications.

This will not be progressing past this point due to it falling well outside the suitable time in which we are considering cases. ( Appeals court opened June 3rd, thus the earliest would be May 27th of the Year 2021.

• From

Honorable Bret Hyland
    Judge
    San Andreas Government

Return to “SAJB - Archived Appeal Cases”