Officer of the Month, Interview November.

The Newsroom contains all press releases of the Los Santos Police Department.
LSPD Media Relations
ECRP Forum Name:

Officer of the Month, Interview November.

Post by LSPD Media Relations »

WWW.LSPD.SAGOV.US
Los Santos Police Department
Press Release
Sunday, December 2nd, 2018
"TO PROTECT AND SERVE"

OFFICER OF THE MONTH, NOVEMBER 2018
    After the recent appointment of our new officer of the month, Media Relations reached out to the recipient of this award, and conducted a quick interview to see what we can learn about Officer Sardinsky.
    Below you will find out more about James.

Why did you join PD?
    I have decided to join the Los Santos Police Department in order to serve my country, but above all, to protect and serve the citizens of Los Santos. Ever since I first moved to Los Santos, I have noticed skyrocketing crime rates related to gang activity, drug trafficking, and homicide. Seeing this, I wanted to help the PD make the city a better place. Therefore I have turned in my application on August 25th, passed my academy on September 15, and progressed my career from there. Ever since, I served and fulfilled my duties to the best of my ability, and will continue to do so.

Why do you love your job?
    There are two main things I love about this job. Firstly, I admire and love the people I work with in the Police Department. Every time I come to work, I see my brothers and sisters in blue, and serve along them in dangerous times. This bonds us together even stronger, and I can't imagine getting to where I am today without them. The second thing I love about this job is serving the citizens of Los Santos and fighting crime. Whether its a call about helping somebody with domestic abuse, or a store robbery, I am always dedicated to helping the innocent and punishing the guilty. Every time I put a criminal away, I get the satisfaction of saving an innocent live and serving my country.

Why do you put your life at risk everyday?
    I put my life at risk everyday for my brothers and sisters in blue. Ever since my first academy, I have made life long friends that I could not imagine losing. I cannot imagine living without some of my closest co-workers, and I value their life higher than mine. Another reason I put my life at risk is because I want to make Los Santos the best city possible, with the lowest crime rates. I believe I cannot achieve this goal without putting my life up for a bigger cause.

Tell us about your career in law enforcement.
    My career in LSPD begun on September 15th, after I passed the Academy and became a Cadet in LSPD. I have been promoted to Police Officer I on September 30. Couple of weeks later, I was promoted to Police Officer II and applied to the Media Relations Division, Air Support Division, and the Field Training Program as an FTO. Ever since, teaching cadets was very enjoyable to me and I always tried to make time to get FTPs done. A couple of more weeks later, I was promoted to Police Officer III. I joined the S.W.A.T. Division and currently hold the rank of Probationary Operative. I really enjoy performing S.W.A.T. duties and working with other Operatives. This is where I am today, and I am hoping to advance further in the nearest future.

Describe a typical week of work for you. What exactly do you do?
    I come to work 5 days a week and usually spend most of my time on general patrol. Sometimes, I am lucky enough to get deployed as S.W.A.T. along other Operatives or go on X-RAY and patrol Los Santos from the sky. After my shift, I go back home in order to work on Police paperwork or Media Relations projects. I have recently been busy with lots of projects and paperwork, but I get by it and enjoy the challenge of balancing my time well.

Who or what are the biggest inspirations for your career?
    One of the biggest inspirations of my career is my father. My father has served in the Czech Armed Forces and always taught me good discipline and proper conduct. He taught me how to work hard and always supported me in my life. I have a few people who inspire me on a daily basis during my police career. Lieutenant Bacon, Lieutenant Paige, and Sergeant Bozzuto are the people who inspire me every day to work hard and are a role model of how leaders should behave. Lieutenant Bacon has recently promoted me to Senior Liason of Media Relations Division and encourages me to put a hundred percent effort into my duties everyday. Lieutenant Paige has provided me with the discipline and guidance that I needed in my career, and encouraged me to join S.W.A.T.. Lastly, Sergeant Bozzuto has always provided me with an example of great leadership, and I aspire to lead like he does one day. Another honorable mention would be the FTP Command who have noticed my effort in the Field Training Program, and in doing so, encouraged me to put even more effort into my FTO duties.

-

-

• From
    Lieutenant Jay Bacon
    Media Relations - Commanding Officer
    Los Santos Police Department
mrdstamp
MEDIA RELATIONS DIVISION
Administrative Services Bureau
Los Santos Police Department — "To Protect and to Serve"

Account is not monitored. For information, consult the Public Affairs area.

Return to “Newsroom”