Monthly Bulletin - April

The Newsroom contains all press releases of the Los Santos Police Department.
LSPD Media Relations
ECRP Forum Name:

Monthly Bulletin - April

Post by LSPD Media Relations »

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

During the past month, the Los Santos Police Department has been very busy curbing gang activity across Los Santos, from the West Coast Assassins (WCA) of Grove Street to The Triads at Murrieta Heights.

Following a series of disgraceful attacks executed by the WCA targeting Law Enforcement Officers, the Los Santos Police Department stepped up its game to repress the growing unrest caused by gang violence. Working together with the Los Santos County Sheriff's Office, the month of April has been a productive month for the Los Santos Police Department in curbing gang activity, reminding the public that the streets of Los Santos cannot be claimed by any color.

Another important step in keeping the peace that was taken this month was Operation Rolling Thunder. Following a prolonged investigation by the Detectives of the Los Santos Police Department, crucial information and evidence were obtained which resulted in the approval of a search warrant by the Board of Commissioners, giving the green light for Operation Rolling Thunder. On the 4[sup]th[/sup] of April at 7:00 pm UTC, with the assistance of the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department, the Los Santos Police Department executed a warrant on two (2) warehouses in Murrieta Heights, the known headquarters of the Triads gang. Thanks to the valiant efforts of every Officer and Operative, the operation was a success.

In total, 21 illegal heavy weapons, 49 unlicensed & stolen pistols, 12 illegal weapon attachments, 1859 rounds of ammunition, and 167 grams of illegal narcotics were seized from the warehouses following a thorough search, marking a great victory for the City of Los Santos. The Los Santos Police Department would like to thank the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department and the Los Santos Emergency Medical Services for their assistance during the operation, and every officer who took part in making it possible.

OFFICER OF THE MONTH, April 2020

-
    Each month, ONE officer is selected by our Police Supervisors to receive this most prestigious award. This award is an overall congratulation for universal commitment, achievement, and excellence throughout the department. An officer who achieves the 'Officer of the Month' award is an exemplary member of the department and someone who should be looked up to as an inspiration and role-model.

-

For the month of March, the Los Santos Police Department recognized the effort and dedication of Officer Moriarty. During the month of April, Officer Moriarty built on his achievements and continued to churn out quality work across the board. He joined the Field Training Division this month and has since produced an impressive amount of quality sessions. During this time he kept up with his paperwork, submitting a solid 97 entries. Additionally, Officer Moriarty held the highest on-duty hours for 2 weeks this month with a total of 267.9 hours. Officer Moriarty has also been a very active member within TED; submitting TED paperwork and attending a training session and an operation, as well as riding with other Traffic Officers to help control the traffic on our streets. TED trainings aren't the only trainings he has participated in however, offering his help to Cadets in pursuit training.

Officer Moriarty joined us from England, where he worked on his own in many fields. Since his academy on the 26th January this year, Officer Moriarty has grown into the team well, joining other Officers in taking on many responsibilities on his own. There are countless Officers making the Department and the City proud, and Officer Moriarty is a great example to inspire others.

For his achievement this month, Officer Moriarty will be awarded with a salary increase to $8,000 for the month of May. We wish him a future of good service to the city.

• Reinstatements and Transfers

This month we welcomed some familiar faces back to the Los Santos Police Department. Some have been gone longer than others, but we are happy to welcome them all back and wish them well

Image Police Officer III
    • Felix Noonham
    Image Police Officer I
    • Bobby Monroe
    • Cyrus Raven
    • Havi Rank
    • Jesse Ehrmantraut
    • Marcus Love
    • Phillip Darling
    • Samuel Clarke
    Cadet
    • Mason Smith
    • Rico Rodriguez Julio Antonio

• Promotions

We congratulate the following Officers on their hard work and dedication. These promotions are well deserved!

Image Deputy Chief ► Image Assistant Chief of Police
    • Elena Blake
    Image Lieutenant ► Image Captain
    • Scott Dunbar
    Image Sergeant II ► Image Lieutenant
    • Robert Jeys
    Image Sergeant I ► Image Sergeant II
    • Mary Dinkley
    Image Detective II ► Image Detective III
    • Mikael Cowell
    Image Senior Lead Officer ► Image Sergeant I
    • Cyrus Carver
    • Paulo Witherfork
    Image Police Officer III ► Image Senior Lead Officer
    • Torsten Church
    Image Police Officer III ► Image Detective I
    • Elise de la Croix
    Image Police Officer II ► Image Police Officer III
    • Chris Crawford
    • Collin O'Brady
    • Ilai Daniels
    • Mark Sloan
    • Marsigsd Moriarty
    • Mason Lee
    • Ryan Torres
    • Steve Smyth
    • Tyrone Briggs
    • Zackariyah Khan
    Image Police Officer I ► Image Police Officer II
    • Alex Tanner
    • Jaehyun Kim
    • Jeff Gordon
    • Jinju Kim
    • Josh Durry
    • Percival Banks
    • Tobias Lee
    Cadet ► Image Police Officer I
    • Blaze Dinkley
    • Brian Chambers
    • Bobby Monroe
    • Clint Houston
    • Cyrus Raven
    • Dante Raven
    • Enrique Hernandez
    • Ethan Taylor
    • Hamish McGregor
    • Jacob Wittman
    • Jason Rodriguez
    • Jesse Ehrmantraut
    • John Santa
    • Joshua Khane
    • Kira Wilde
    • Marcus Love
    • Nathan Normandy
    • Patrick Callaway
    • Philip Darling
    • Samuel Clarke
    • Scott Stevens
    • Zayn Mullings
  • Learn more about our divisions by reading these division updates from the COs and ACOs below, and see what progress they have made in the month of April. If you are interested in joining one of these divisions, have a look at the Divisional Opportunities section of our website
    Investigations Bureau
    April 2020 - Bureau Update
    Investigations Bureau
    -
    • Introduction

As we leave the fourth month of the new year behind, we will be moving into May as the weather begins to become a tad warmer, and the Investigations Bureau's Detective team continues to grow. Captain Shadow and I would like to extend a warm welcome to all readers as we are given the opportunity and platform to open yet another monthly update for the Investigations Bureau. Today, we are pleased to present all the changes, updates and accomplishments of importance that have been within the Investigations Bureau and its personnel through the April monthly update. This will be the twenty-first monthly update that has been published, and simultaneously the fourth update published in 2020, as well as the first collaborated update.
      -

Roster Changes

• Every month, the Investigations Bureau goes through a variety of roster changes, such as but not limited to new Police Officers being recruited and brought into the Investigations Bureau, or personnel of the Bureau rising through the ranks of the Los Santos Police Department.

During April, the following roster changes have occurred.

The following Detective has successfully passed the Detective Training Program. Welcome to the Detective team!
      Image Police Officer III → Image Police Detective I
      • Elise de la Croix
      Furthermore, we have had one additional promotion within the Investigations Bureau. Congratulations, well done!
      Image Police Detective II → Image Police Detective III
      • Mikael Cowell
      Additionally, we have had the following Detective return to the team. Welcome back!
      • Detective I Abel Montgomery, Gangs and Narcotics Detective
      Lastly, the following changes have been made to our division and bureau command rosters.
      • Detective II Lex Roth has been appointed as part of Investigations Bureau Command.
      • Detective III Mikael Cowell has been appointed as the Commanding Officer of the Robbery-Homicide Division.
      -

Residential Database

• Following a discovery made by the Detectives of the Los Santos Police Department's Investigations Bureau, it has become apparent to us that individuals involved in narcotics manufacturing have developed strategies to circumvent law enforcement. These strategies include moving their operations from open-air locations to more secluded areas, such as their residences, or even their recreational vehicles.

To be able to maintain the safety of the general public, the Investigations Bureau has set up an operational database in which addresses of properties that were found to have been utilized in the manufacturing of narcotics and all individuals tied to the aforementioned properties will be submitted for potential further investigation and surveillance. The entries made to this database will allow us to recognize these "drug houses" efficiently and effectively in the future, enabling the analysis of key distributors and associates in an efficient manner moving forward. Following this analysis, countermeasures will be implemented to combat the manufacturing of narcotics within the State of San Andreas.
      -

Seized Contraband Statistics

• The Los Santos Police Department's Investigations Bureau has decided to release its statistics for the month of April 2020, in regards to the seizing of illegal contraband.

In the month of April, the following contraband has been seized:

Heavy Weapons
      • 24x Shrewsbury Assault Rifle
        • 678 Assault Rifle (7.62x39mm) rounds
      • 7x Vom Feuer Machine Pistol
        • 295 Machine Pistol (9x19mm) rounds
      • 17x Shrewsbury Micro SMG
        • 483 Micro SMG (.45 ACP) rounds
      • 3x Hawk & Little Mini SMG
        • 158 Mini SMG (9x19mm) rounds
      • 45x Shrewsbury Shotgun
        • 621 Shotgun (12 gauge) rounds
      • 1x Shrewsbury Sawed-Off Shotgun
        • 6 Shotgun (12 gauge) rounds
      • 16x Hawk & Little SMG
        • 290 SMG (9x19mm) rounds
    • Firearms
      • 358x Hawk & Little Pistol .50
        • 9294 Pistol .50 (.50 AE) rounds
      • 58x Hawk & Little Heavy Pistol
        • 1389 Heavy Pistol (.45 ACP) rounds
      • 23x Hawk & Little Pistol
        • 332 Pistol (9x19mm) rounds
      • 10x Shrewsbury SNS Pistol
        • 165 SNS Pistol (.380) rounds
      • 7x Hawk & Little Combat Pistol
        • 156 Combat Pistol (.40 H&L) rounds
      Weapon Attachments
      • 26x Silencer
      • 38x (Extended) Clip
      • 11x Scope
      • 6x Flashlight
      • 40x Grip
      Final Statistics
      • 569 illegal weapons were seized.
      • 13867 rounds of live ammunition were seized (in seized weapons and separated).
      • In total, an estimated $6,995,050 worth of contraband has been seized. (Monetary value is not guaranteed to be one hundred percent accurate)
      A special thanks goes out to the Detective Support and Vice Division's database and all Police Officers and Detectives who have participated in logging these weapons for making these statistics a possibility.
      -

Monthly Bureau Statistics

• During the month of April:
      • A total of 25 case files have been opened.
      • A total of 23 case files have been closed.
      • A total of 24 case files are currently on-going. (Excluding Gangs and Narcotics statistics)
      • A combined total of 57 Investigation Patrol Logs have been posted.
      • A total of 569 illegal weapons have been seized. (01/APR/2020 - 01/MAY/2020)
      -

End Note

• On a final note, I would like to thank every single one of you for taking time out of your day to read through our April's monthly Investigations Bureau update.

This concludes the twenty-first monthly Investigations Bureau update that I have published since assuming the position of leadership within the Investigations Bureau. It is subsequently the first bulletin that I have published in collaboration with Captain Shadow, and as such, is my final bulletin published to the Investigations Bureau, following my departure from its leadership team. I would like to thank all Investigators and Detectives for making the Investigations Bureau a possibility, and my former command staff for helping me move the Investigations Bureau towards a bright future.

Captain Shadow and I greatly appreciate all the work every single one of you has put and continues to put in every day to make the Investigations Bureau successful, and what it is today. Once again, congratulations to all those who got recruited and promoted, keep up the excellent work!

On behalf of Investigations Bureau Command,

Police Captain Xoza Shadow
      Director, Investigations Bureau
      Los Santos Police Department

Assistant Chief of Police Elena Blake
      Chief of Staff
    Special Weapons And Tactics Division

Special Weapons and Tactics Division Update - April 2020
    "TO PROTECT AND SERVE"
    • Division Update

• Hello Operatives,

This month saw a number of changes to our roster, notably the departure of Paulo Witherfork and Scott Dunbar from SWAT Command. We wish them the best in their new roles. The vacancies posed by these loss will be filled soon, and a number of other departures from among our regular operatives means the moment many juniors officers have been waiting for is coming: SWAT will be opening up recruitment this month to fill the vacancies in our roster. Pay attention to the Division Opportunities list for an update if you're interested in joining the division.
    • Division Statistics

• This month saw a total of 65 logged deployments, of which 53 were active deployments in full gear, 10 logged David patrols, and 2 logged passive deployments. This means SWAT deployed an average of 1.8 times per day to a situation this month. However, the number of logged passive deployments means that some operatives might be forgetting to log their usage of their SWAT-certified weaponry in the field. If you choose to passively deploy a weapon, this must be logged with zero exceptions or excuses.

Roster changes

The following operatives have been promoted:
      • Tyrone Briggs: Probationary Operative > Operative
      • Mark Sloan: Probationary Operative > Operative
      New operatives:
      • Miles Logan
      • Hector Mayfield
      • Steve Smyth
    • Regards,
      Victor Einhart
      Commanding Officer of SWAT
      Special Weapons and Tactics Division
    Traffic Enforcement Division

Opening Statement

• Starting with thanking every traffic officer who dedicated their time and kept Traffic Enforcement on the top-notch. We thank you all for the hard work you put in daily. Our officers have proven themselves in every situation they go through. Traffic Enforcement Division was and will remain to enforce traffic laws heavily.

Brief Update

• Captain Dunbar was appointed as the Special Operations Bureau Director and since then we have been in touch with him for the better sake of TED and hopefully see some major changes in the near future. Other than that, there haven't been significant changes in this division this month. We managed to keep the operations going like the last month. Our bait car operation was successful as always; We managed to catch some criminals off the street in operation with the help of the investigation bureau. We also hosted traffic checkpoints, which had excellent results.

Overall all this month was a good month for our division as we still hosted our operations and training, which had an excellent outcome.

Personnel Changes

• This month, we have witnessed some changes in our roster. Some of our traffic officers left the division, and we thank them all for their effort and time in the division, one officer reinstated back to the division, and we also had one new traffic officer in the division. We also had some internal rank changes in our division.

Also, I would like to extend my congratulations to the following members on their promotion.
      Spoiler

• Traffic Head Inspector Miles Logan [4-TOM-3]
      • Traffic Head Inspector Steve Martinez [4-TOM/MARY-4]
      • Steve Smyth [4-TOM/MARY-14]
      • Darion Rueb [4-TOM/MARY-44]
      • Ryan Torres [4-TOM/MARY-36]

Make sure to congratulate them as you see them on shift.

We have also had a couple of new members
      Spoiler
      • • Tobias Lee
      Make sure to welcome and help them as you see them on shift.

We also lost some people and we wish them the best of luck
      Spoiler
      • George Vern
      • Arnold Williams

Personnel
      Currently, our ranks are divided as such within TED:

TED Command: 4
      Inspector: 1
      Traffic Officer III: 6
      Traffic Officer II: 5
      Traffic Officer I: 3
      Probationary Traffic Officer: 11
    Traffic Officer of the month
    • After their good performance throughout the month and being very active within the division, we would like to congratulate Traffic Officer I Darion Rueb. Officer Rueb has shown incredible dedication to the division and always puts his best foot forward. Officer Rueb also logged a good amount of patrol reports and did an incredible job in the field. For this, he will be awarded a bonus of $25,000. Congratulations!

Kind Regards,
    Lieutenant Robert Jeys
    Traffic Enforcement Commanding Officer
    Recruitment & Employment Division

Recruitment and Employment Division Update - April 2020
    "TO PROTECT AND SERVE"
    • Division Update

Dear Application Handlers and Academy Instructors,

• Welcome to the sixth monthly update from the Recruitment and Employment Division. It's crazy to think that I've been running this division for more than half a year at this point! April has been even more busy than March, meaning this has been the busiest month since I took over as the Commanding Officer of the division.

This month we implemented changes to how we handle applications and record interviews. These changes have streamlined the entire process and allow for applications to be processed far more quickly.

This month we've seen a number of changes to our divisional roster;

New Members;
      • Police Officer III Edward Sharp | Application Handler In-Training
      • Senior Lead Officer Torsten Church | Academy Instructor In-Training
      • Police Officer III Chris Crawford | Academy Instructor In-Training
      • Police Officer III Hector Mayfield | Academy Instructor In-Training
      Promotions;
      • Detective II Steve Martinez | Application Handler In-Training -> Probationary Application Handler
      • Senior Lead Officer Torsten Church | Application Handler In-Training -> Probationary Application Handler
      • Police Officer III Edward Sharp | Application Handler In-Training -> Probationary Application Handler
      Welcome to our new members and congratulations to those who have received a promotion!

I'd like to thank you all for the effort you've put into the division this month, some specific mentions are; Senior Lead Officer Torsten Church and Detective I Jo Campbell who have handled the most applications with 25 applications each and Sergeant II Lukas Montana who has conducted a total of 8 Interviews within the Month of April.
    • Division Statistics

• During the Month of April, the LSPD has handled a total of 80 applications. 18 of these applications were successful with the applicant passing their interview and attending an Academy or preparing to attend an Academy. 2 applications from April are currently on-going. 59 Applications resulted in a denial with 1 application being withdrawn.

On the Academy aspect of the division, this month a total of 4 Academies were hosted by Academy Instructors this month, with a total of 25 applicants attending to receive the training required to join the department as a Police Cadet.
    • Sincerely,
      Captain Scott Dunbar
      Recruitment and Employment Division Commanding Officer
    Field Training Division
    Dear Field Training Officers,

The month of April has been a fantastic month for the Field Training Division. FTOs have been teaching to a higher standard than ever before and Cadets have been graduating the training program with deeper knowledge and understanding than ever before. A prime example of it this month was in Cadet Christopher Roman who after many setbacks, passed the program. It was a collective effort from his resilience and all of the FTO's persistence which guided him to passing the program. I asked Cadet Roman about his experience in the program and he had nothing negative to say whatsoever. He was extremely excited to tell me how much everyone here has helped him settle in and be taught to a high standard with patience and respect. So thank you all, you are a credit to this department!

Throughout the month of April, 116 unique field training sessions and 124 formal observations were conducted meaning that there were 240 formal interactions with cadets throughout April which is almost record breaking! - Well done everyone!
      The month of April saw us introduce 7 new Field Training Officers into the Field Training Division - Welcome all!
      • Police Officer II - Steve Smyth
      • Police Officer II - Marsigsd Moriarty
      • Police Officer II - Jimmy King
      • Police Officer II - Dante Watson
      • Police Officer II - Darion Dueb
      • Police Officer II - Michael Jacobson
      • Police Officer II - Reginald Williamson
      This month we have successfully passed 17 Cadets through the Field Training Program and are proud to see how well they have done.
      • Enrique Hernandez
      • Ethan Taylor
      • Tony Wayland
      • Jacob Wittman
      • James Forelli
      • Zayn Mullings
      • Scott Reynolds
      • Richard Bach
      • Hamish McGregor
      • Jah Dinkley
      • Audrey Hartwell
      • Dante Raven
      • Jessica Nash
      • Ash Slays
      • Benny Fox
      • Christopher Roman
      • Maison Smart
      For the month of April, the Field Training Division Command has decided to make Detective I Samuele Colonna our Field Training Officer of the Month. Detective Colonna consistently didicates a large amount of his shift time to his FTO duties and the Cadets he teaches are some of the Cadets who graduate with the highest attainment levels - So thank you Detective, and well done! This award entitles Detective Colonna to a salary bonus of $5000 (($50,000)), paid directly from the Commanding Officer of the Field Training Division.

Be sure to congratulate Detective Colonna whenever you see him on duty.

Regards,
      Captain Phillipe Sanchez
      Director, Police Training Bureau
      Advanced Training Division

ATD Monthly Update - April 2020
      "TO PROTECT AND SERVE"

• ATD Command and Media Relations,

Below is the ATD Monthly update for April.
        In the month of April, there have been numerous certifications conducted in the Advanced Training Division. Below are the statistics:
        • 3 Heavy Interception Unit Certifications
        • 2 High-Speed Interception Unit Certifications
        • 5 High-Speed Motorcycle Unit Certifications
        • 18 Pursuit Certifications
        • 4 Denied Firearms Certifications
        • 15 Accepted Firearms Certifications
        In the month of April, we expanded our division command team with the addition of Sergeant Cyrus Carver, who will be serving the division as a Head Instructor. Moving forward, the Advanced Training Division plans to host weekly training sessions for our officers in the department.

• From
        Sergeant II Zoey Deul
        Commanding Officer of Advanced Training Division
      Air Support Division

Air Support Division Update 2020
      "TO PROTECT AND SERVE"

During the month of April the following officers joined the Air Support Division:
      • Victor Einhart
      • Jeff Gordon
      • Percival Banks
      The following officers are no longer with the Air Support Division as our pilots:
      • Dominic Ace
      • Jimmy King
      • Paulo Witherfork
      • Jordan Stephenson
      The following pilots saw promotions within the division:
      • Senior Pilot
        • Felix Noonham (reinstatement)
      • Pilot First Class
        • Vuk Minkhalimov
      • Pilot
        • Jake McDuff
        • Steve Smyth
      • Junior Pilot
        • Victor Einhart
        • Jeff Gordon
      The featured pilot of the month is Darion Rueb who has logged 24 hours of flight time! We encourage all our pilots to keep up the great work and dedication.

Throughout the month of April, we saw several major changes made within the Air Support Division and Special Operations Bureau. One of the changes is Captain Xoza Shadow will be serving the division as Assistant Commander since his appointment of Investigation Bureau Director with Sergeant II Zoey Deul being appointed Commanding Officer of the Air Support Division. The other change is the new Director of Special Operations, Captain Scott Dunbar who will oversee the day-to-day operations conducted by the division.

• Captain Xoza Shadow
        Assistant Commanding Officer,
        Air Support Division.

Sergeant II Zoey Deul,
        Commanding Officer,
        Air Support Division.
      The Media Relations Division is seeking Officers to represent the Los Santos Police Department to the public, and to keep all members of the Department updated on internal affairs. Responsibilities of Media Relations Liaisons include assisting with the drafting of this Monthly Bulletin, drafting Press Releases about cool events and important changes changes, and helping to plan events that bring the Department together and improve our relationship with the public. You can read further about your opportunities as a Liaison under Divisional Opportunities

If you want to write about your awesome job, and help bring the Department together to celebrate its progress each month, apply to the Media Relations Division today!
      This concludes the Los Santos Police Department's Monthly Bulletin for April. Thank you for taking the time to read through it and we hope you are excited for the next one. The Media Relations Division works hard to provide information about the LSPD to both employees and the public, but we couldn't do it without our division leaders keeping up with their own monthly updates for a timely release. If you have any suggestions, feedback, and comments, please contact the Media Relations Division through the means listed in the Contact Information tab.

We would like to give a special thanks to the following personnel for making this monthly release possible:
      • Chief of Police Alex Donnelly
      • Media Relations Division
      • Commanding Officers of Each Division
      (( The statistics gathered from this month were mostly supplied by us going through forum posts. There might be some human error in these statistics. If you are in charge of one of the fields listed in the stats and see a mistake, please contact Media Relations. ))

Police Detective I Jo Campbell, Commanding Officer
    Los Santos Police Department's Public Relations
    (213) 237-2507— [email protected]

Police Detective II Belle Havana Cavallera, Assistant Commanding Officer
    Los Santos Police Department's Public Relations
    [email protected]

Los Santos Police Department Media Relations
    [email protected]

mrdstamp
    MEDIA RELATIONS DIVISION
    Administrative Services Bureau
    Los Santos Police Department — "To Protect and to Serve"

Account is not monitored. For information, consult the Public Affairs area.

Return to “Newsroom”