Monthly Bulletin - March

The Newsroom contains all press releases of the Los Santos Police Department.
LSPD Media Relations
ECRP Forum Name:

Monthly Bulletin - March

Post by LSPD Media Relations »

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

On March the 10[sup]th[/sup], 2020, The San Andreas State Government has announced two Chief appointments in the Los Santos Police Department and Los Santos Emergency Medical Services.

Almost two weeks after Commissioner Samuel Osborn's appointment in the Los Santos City Hall, Assistant Chief of Police Alex Donnelly was appointed as the new Chief of Police. Chief of Police Alex Donnelly joined the Los Santos Police Department back in 2017 and rose through the ranks with hard and dedicated work for the Department and the City of Los Santos. Additionally, Chief of Police Alex Donnelly is responsible for numerous internal changes within the Los Santos Police Department that have helped ensure that each Police Officer is ready to the best of their abilities to serve and protect the community.

Personal Message from Chief of Police Alex Donnelly:
I joined the Los Santos Police Department in 2017. I have served for an active period of over 900 days. I was offered to take the mantle of the position of Chief of Police and I have wholeheartedly accepted. During my time in the Office of the Chief, I have played a proactive role in maintaining our department's standards. As someone heavily involved with the training and hiring of our officers, I have the first-hand experience in what our standards have been like and what I would like to see them continue as. I expect the most from our members and I am happy to be spearheading the department as a whole.

Serving as the Assistant Chief for almost 200 days now, I should have no issues settling into my new position. My goals in my new position will be going over how the department operates and seeing what changes need to be made so we can improve our performance. There is always room for improvement and my belief in that is shown with how we have included our Investigations Bureau being more involved in our operations as a whole. I aim to continue this rise.

My appointment to this position would not have been possible if not for the vote of the Board of Commissioners. I am eternally grateful for this chance. I would also like to extend this thanks to all the members of the Los Santos Police Department. Without the wonderful team, none of this would have been possible. I will make my predecessors proud, the department proud and the commissioners proud.

Thank you.

OFFICER OF THE MONTH, MARCH 2020

-
    Each month, ONE officer is selected by our Police Supervisors to receive this most prestigious award. This award is an overall congratulation for universal commitment, achievement, and excellence throughout the department. An officer who achieves the 'Officer of the Month' award is an exemplary member of the department and someone who should be looked up to as an inspiration and role-model.

-

This month, the Los Santos Police Department recognizes the hard work and dedication to duty, of Officer Moriarty , he has been filling in a lot of overtime in the department in an effort to help support and protect the city, logging an impressive 170 logged hours of active patrol in the field. He Joined the department back in January and has shown great work effort during his training and shown impressive growth as an officer.

Officer Moriarty joined us from England, where he completed his degree as a Electrical Engineer, and served as a warrant hunter, participating in advanced firearms training and suspect tracking. Since his time with us he has grown stronger and to become a member of our team. He recently showed an impressive and outstanding desire to save the lives of Deputy Chief Bacon and Sergeant Jeys during a massive gunfight in which no officers lives were lost and the department held a strong grasp of the situation branching out. Due to the impressive actions of at the time Police Officer I, Deputy Chief Bacon and Sergeant Jeys are still among our ranks.

He has demonstrated bravery in the face of insurmountable odds, demonstrating the willingness to put others ahead of him self and risk life and limb for his brothers in blue. For the above mentions, and for his future we aware him with Officer of the Month for March.

We look Forward to see what the future holds for Officer Moriarty, good luck Officer!

Officer Marsigsd Moriarty will be rewarded with a bonus payment of $1,000.00 (( $100,000.00 )).

• From

Deputy Chief of Police Jay Bacon
    Director of General Operations Bureau
    Los Santos Police Department
  • Reinstatements and Transfers
    This month we welcomed some familiar faces back to the Los Santos Police Department. Most were retired Officers who reinstated, but we also had the pleasure of welcoming Sergeant Lukas Montana home from the Sheriffs Department

Image Sergeant II
    • Lukas Montana
    Image Police Officer III
    • Edward Sharp
    Image Police Officer II
    • Mark Sloan
    Image Police Officer I
    • Darrell Brewster
    • Elijah Wayne
    • Josh Durry
    • Joshua Khane
    • Matthew Michelson
    • Tony Clinkz
    Cadet
    • Darion Rueb
    • Conrad Fredrico
    • Jacob Wittman
    • Tony Wayland

• Promotions
    We congratulate the following Officers on their hard work and dedication. These promotions are well deserved!

Image Assistant Chief of PoliceImage Chief of Police
    • Alex Donnelly
    Image Police Officer IIIImage Senior Lead Officer
    • Cyrus Carver
    • Paulo Witherfork
    Image Police Officer IIIImage Detective I
    • Frank Moses
    Image Police Officer II Image Police Officer III
    • Brianna Bacon
    • Hector Mayfield
    • Milo Granger
    • Sebastian Papadakis
    Cadet Image Police Officer III
    • Edward Sharp
    Image Police Officer I Image Police Officer II
    • Chrisy Fegan
    • Dante Watson
    • Darion Rueb
    • George Vern
    • Jake McDuff
    • James Hawkes
    • Jimmy King
    • Marsigsd Moriarty
    • Mason Brewster
    • Zackariyah Khan
    Cadet Image Police Officer I
    • Alex Tanner
    • Elijah Wayne
    • James Li
    • Jeff Gordon
    • Josh Durry
    • Rhys Paige
    • Tim Stoner
    • Tommy Beckerson
  • We have made great strides in our departmental divisions, welcomed some new faces, and said our farewells to some familiar ones. Please read our divisional updates from the COs and ACOs themselves below, and see what progress they have made in the month of March.
    Investigations Bureau March Update
    March 2020 - Bureau Update
    Investigations Bureau
    -
    • Introduction

As we leave the third month of the new year behind, we're going to be moving into April as the Investigations Bureau's Detective team continues to grow. I would like to extend a warm welcome to all readers as I'm given the opportunity and platform to open yet another monthly update for the Investigations Bureau. Today, I am pleased to present all the changes, updates and accomplishments of importance that have been within the Investigations Bureau and its personnel through the March monthly update. This will be the twentieth monthly update that I have published, and simultaneously the third update published in 2020.
      -

Roster Changes
      Every month, the Investigations Bureau goes through a variety of roster changes, such as but not limited to new Police Officers being recruited and brought into the Investigations Bureau, or personnel of the Bureau rising through the ranks of the Los Santos Police Department.

During the month of March, the following roster changes have occurred.

The following Detective has successfully passed the Detective Training Program. Welcome to the Detective team!
      Image Police Officer III→ Image Police Detective I
      • Frank Moses
      Additionally, we've had to part with the following members of the Investigations Bureau. Farewell, we thank you for your service and wish you the best of luck with your future endeavors!
      • Lieutenant Alex Keller, Gangs and Narcotics Division Commanding Officer
      • Lieutenant Daniels Shelby, Gangs and Narcotics Division Assistant Commanding Officer
      • Detective I Abel Montgomery, Gangs and Narcotics Division Detective
      Lastly, the following changes have been made to our divisional command roster.
      • Detective II Lex Roth has been appointed as the Commanding Officer of the Gangs and Narcotics Division.
      • Detective II Belle Cavallera has been appointed as the Assistant Commanding Officer of the Detective Support and Vice Division.
      -

Internal Database Restructure
      As most of the Police Officers and Detectives of the Investigations Bureau have most likely noticed, several items in our internal database have been moved around or have been removed entirely. This is something that was done with the intent of consolidating our database, more specifically to reduce the size of our database whilst maintaining the contents.

As such, you will find that several sections that you were formerly familiar with and knew as their own individual section within our database have been moved and consolidated into a singular thread per item under a previously existing subsection respectively, rather than having an individual section in our database for every single entry - think of the most recent change to the Narcotic Confiscation Reports.

This has allowed for the database to have more sections on display, enabling easier access for our Detectives, in the long run, potentially increasing the efficiency of work being done due to not having to dive into an endless database.
      -

Seized Contraband Statistics
      The Los Santos Police Department's Investigations Bureau has decided to release its statistics for the month of March 2020, in regards to the seizing of illegal contraband.

In the month of March, the following contraband has been seized:

Heavy Weapons
    • 21x Shrewsbury Assault Rifle
      • 3647 Assault Rifle (7.62x39mm) rounds
    • 6x Vom Feuer Machine Pistol
      • 306 Machine Pistol (9x19mm) rounds
    • 17x Shrewsbury Micro SMG
      • 2643 Micro SMG (.45 ACP) rounds
    • 1x Hawk & Little Mini SMG
      • 82 Mini SMG (9x19mm) rounds
    • 34x Shrewsbury Shotgun
      • 607 Shotgun (12 gauge) rounds
    • 2x Shrewsbury Sawed-Off Shotgun
      • 30 Shotgun (12 gauge) rounds
    • 10x Hawk & Little SMG
      • 2668 SMG (9x19mm) rounds
    • Firearms
      • 281x Hawk & Little Pistol .50
        • 7467 Pistol .50 (.50 AE) rounds
      • 77x Hawk & Little Heavy Pistol
        • 1940 Heavy Pistol (.45 ACP) rounds
      • 28x Hawk & Little Pistol
        • 561 Pistol (9x19mm) rounds
      • 9x Shrewsbury SNS Pistol
        • 266 SNS Pistol (.380) rounds
      • 14x Hawk & Little Combat Pistol
        • 154 Combat Pistol (.40 H&L) rounds
      Weapon Attachments
      • 20x Silencer
      • 21x (Extended) Clip
      • 6x Scope
      • 1x Flashlight
      • 5x Grip
      Final Statistics
      • 498 illegal weapons were seized.
      • 20371 rounds of live ammunition were seized (in seized weapons and separated).
      • In total, an estimated $7,604,140 worth of contraband has been seized. (Monetary value is not guaranteed to be one hundred percent accurate)
      A special thanks goes out to the Detective Support and Vice Division's database and all Police Officers and Detectives who have participated in logging these weapons for making these statistics a possibility.
      -

Monthly Bureau Statistics
      During the month of March:
      • A total of 10 case files have been opened.
      • A total of 7 case files have been closed.
      • A total of 13 case files are currently on-going. (Excluding Gangs and Narcotics statistics)
      • A combined total of 71 Investigation Patrol Logs have been posted.
      • A total of 436 illegal weapons have been seized. (01/MAR/2020 - 01/APR/2020)
      -

End Note
      On a final note, I would like to thank every single one of you for taking time out of your day to read through our March's monthly Investigations Bureau update.

This concludes the nineteenth monthly Investigations Bureau update that I have published since assuming the position of leadership within the Investigations Bureau. As such, I would like to thank all Investigators and Detectives for making the Investigations Bureau a possibility, and my command staff for helping me move the Investigations Bureau towards a bright future.

I greatly appreciate all the work every single one of you puts in every day to make the Investigations Bureau successful, and what it is today. Once again, congratulations to all those who got recruited and promoted, keep up the good work!

On behalf of Investigations Bureau Command,

Deputy Chief of Police Elena Blake
      Director, Investigations Bureau
    Advanced Training Division March Update

ATD Monthly Update - March 2020
    "TO PROTECT AND SERVE"

• ATD Command and Media Relations,

Below is the ATD Monthly update for March.
      In the month of March, there have been numerous certifications conducted in the Advanced Training Division. Below are the statistics:
      1 Heavy Interception Unit Certifications
      2 Denied Firearms Certifications
      12 Accepted Firearms Certifications
      27 Officers certified in Pursuit Training

For the month of March, the Advanced Training Division saw a small change in the department structure. Within this new structure, the Advanced Training Division is now under the Police Training Bureau, no longer under the Office of Support Services. Captain Phillipe Sanchez has been appointed Director of the Police Training Bureau.

• From
      Sergeant II Zoey Deul
      Commanding Officer of Advanced Training Division
    Traffic Enforcement Division March Update

Opening Statement

• Starting with thanking every traffic officer who dedicated their time and kept Traffic Enforcement on the top-notch. We thank you all for the hard work you put in daily. Our officers have proven themselves in every situation they go through. Traffic Enforcement Division was and will remain to enforce traffic laws heavily.

Brief Update

• There haven't been significant changes in this division this month. We managed to keep the operations going like the last month. Our bait car operation was successful as always; We managed to catch some criminals off the street in operation with the help of the investigation bureau. We also hosted traffic checkpoints, which had excellent results.

Overall all this month was a good month for our division as we still hosted our operations and training, which had an excellent outcome.

Personnel Changes

• This month, we have witnessed some changes in our roster. Some of our traffic officers left the division, and we thank them all for their effort and time in the division, one officer reinstated back to the division, and we also had one new traffic officer in the division. We also had some internal rank changes in our division.

Also, I would like to extend my congratulations to the following members on their promotion.
      Spoiler

• Steve Smyth [4-TOM/MARY-14]
      • Samuel Martin [4-TOM/MARY-19]
      • Milo Granger [4-TOM-21]

Make sure to congratulate them as you see them on shift.

We have also had a couple of new members
      Spoiler
      • • Hector Mayfield
        • Jimmy King
        • Marsigsd Moriarty
      Make sure to welcome and help them as you see them on shift.

We also lost some people and we wish them the best of luck
      Spoiler
      • Mary Dinkley

Personnel
      Currently, our ranks are divided as such within TED:

TED Command: 2
      Inspector: 3
      Traffic Officer III: 5
      Traffic Officer II: 6
      Traffic Officer I: 4
      Probationary Traffic Officer: 6
    Traffic Officer of the month
    • After their good performance throughout the month and being very active within the division, we would like to congratulate Traffic Officer II Samuel Martin. Officer Martin has shown incredible dedication to the division and always puts his best foot forward. Officer Martin also logged a good amount of patrol reports and did an incredible job in the field. For this, he will be awarded a bonus of $25,000. Congratulations!

Kind Regards,
    Sergeant II Robert Jeys
    Traffic Enforcement Commanding Officer
    Air Support Division March Update

Air Support Division Update 2020
    "TO PROTECT AND SERVE"
    • Division Update

• Greetings Pilots!

Welcome to the Nineteenth update of the Air Support Division. This month saw less logged flight hours but more participating pilots. Congratulations to Dante Watson for logging the most flight hours this last month and being our pilot of the month.

Every month promotions are notated in these newsletters. Following today, new, monthly promotions will be considered and notated here based on career performance. We have also updated the award requirements to qualify for the 'Air Support Ribbon'. This requirement now includes logged hours and rank. New changes in training rank authority has opened up more to our pilots. Introductory and reinstatement flights can now be completed with our First Class pilots. This will allow pilots to take a step toward training as well as verifying our new pilots can get in the air earlier.

If you have any questions, please reach out to your supervisor. That's all we have for the month, fly safe!
    • Division Statistics & Roster Updates

• A total of 130.3 hours have been logged this last month with an average of 7.9 hours across pilots logged hours.
      Welcome to the Air Support Division.
      • Darion Rueb (Reinstatement)
      • Dante Watson
      • Dominic Ace
      • Jake McDuff
      • James Hawkes
      • Jordan Stephenson (Reinstatement)
      • Mason Brewster
      • Zackariyah Khan
      Promotions & Adjustments.
      • Belle Cavallera | Junior Pilot → Pilot
      • Darion Rueb | Junior Pilot → Pilot
      • David Wallace | Pilot → Pilot First Class
      • Dominic Ace | Applicant → Junior Pilot
      • Frank Moses | Pilot → Pilot First Class
      • Jake McDuff | Applicant → Junior Pilot
      • James Hawkes | Applicant → Junior Pilot
      • Mason Brewster | Junior Pilot → Pilot
      • Miles Logan | Pilot → Pilot First Class
      • Ryan Torres | Pilot First Class → Senior Pilot
      • Samuele Colonna | Junior Pilot → Pilot
      • Zackariyah Khan | Applicant → Junior Pilot
      • Zackariyah Khan | Junior Pilot → Pilot
      Thank you for being part of us.
      • Bureau Director Sean Hamilton
      • Junior Pilot Mary Dinkley
    • Regards,

• Sergeant II Zoey Deul
      Assistant Commanding Officer,
      Air Support Division.

Captain Xoza Shadow,
      Commanding Officer,
      Air Support Division.
    Recruitment & Employment Division March Update

Recruitment and Employment Division Update - March 2020
    "TO PROTECT AND SERVE"
    • Division Update

Dear Application Handlers and Academy Instructors,

• Welcome to the fifth monthly update from the Recruitment and Employment Division. This has been an incredibly busy month for the division, the busiest since I took over as the Commanding Officer from Deputy Chief Bacon.

With the beginning of April a number of changes to the process of handling applications are being made, these include; ditching reports for handling every application, one report per interview instead of one report per applicant and changes to the rank authority which will increase the number of Applicants Senior Application Handlers and Application Handlers can accommodate for an interview. Full details will be published prior to reopening our Recruitment which is tentatively scheduled for the 7th of April. The changes to the Academy process are still on the horizon, however they are currently on the backburner while the changes to the Recruitment process are implemented.

This month we've seen a number of new application handlers join our ranks and with the beginning of April we've seen two promoted to Full Application Handlers;

New Members;
      • Sergeant II Lukas Montana | Application Handler/Academy Instructor - Transfer from LSSD
      • Detective II Steve Martinez | Application Handler In-Training
      • Police Officer III Torsten Church | Application Handler In-Training
      Promotions;
      • Senior Lead Officer Cyrus Carver | Probationary Application Handler -> Application Handler
      • Detective I Jo Campbell | Probationary Application Handler -> Application Handler
      Welcome to our new members and congratulations to Carver and Campbell on passing their Probationary Period!

I'd like to thank you all for the effort you've put into the division this month, some specific mentions are; Sergeant II Grace Hunter and Detective I Jo Campbell who have handled the most applications outside of RED Command with 17 applications each and Senior Lead Officer Cyrus Carver who has interviewed the most applicants this month with a total of 16 applicants.
    • Division Statistics

• During the Month of March, the LSPD has handled a total of 69 applications. 30 of these applications were successful with the applicant passing their interview and attending an Academy or preparing to attend an Academy. 1 application from March is currently on-going, pending either interview. 33 Applications resulted in a denial with 5 applications being withdrawn.

On the Academy aspect of the division, this month a total of 3 Academies were hosted by Academy Instructors this month, with a total of 18 applicants attending to receive the training required to join the department as a Police Cadet.
    • Sincerely,
      Lieutenant Scott Dunbar
      Recruitment and Employment Division Commanding Officer
    Field Training Program March Update
    Dear Field Training Officers,

The month of March has once again been a steady month for the Field Training Division. The Division has now moved away from the General Operations Bureau and is now under the Police Training Bureau which is directed by myself. This will allow for the training program hosted in the FTD to have a much stronger focus rather than being a part of all general operations.

A further exciting change that the FTD saw in March was that FTO applicants are now tested practically to scrutinize their ability to practically teach a topic so that we can ensure the highest standards of teaching for our new and future Cadets. This has been in play now for almost two weeks and has been a huge success.

Throughout the month of March, 76 unique field training sessions and 86 formal observations were conducted meaning that there were 160 formal interactions with cadets throughout March which is more than double that of February - Well done everyone!
      The month of March saw us introduce 7 new Field Training Officers into the Field Training Division - Welcome all!
      • Police Officer III - Edward Sharp
      • Police Officer II - Jamie Richardsons
      • Police Officer II - Chris Crawford
      • Police Officer II - George Vern
      • Police Officer II - Zackariyah Khan
      • Police Officer II - Mark Sloan
      • Police Officer II - Jake McDuff
      This month we have successfully passed 14 Cadets through the Field Training Program and are proud to see how well they have done.
      • Alex Tanner
      • Bianca Allison
      • Jeff Gordon
      • Jason Rodriguez
      • Tim Stoner
      • Brian Chambers
      • Clarence McWilhelm
      • Blaze Dinkley
      • Patrick Callaway
      • Nathan Normandy
      • John Santa
      • Clint Houston
      • Kira Wilde
      • Scott Stevens
      For the month of March, the Field Training Division Command has decided to make Police Officer III Miles Logan our Field Training Officer of the Month. This month, Officer Logan has had the joint highest FTS count with well written reports. Officer Logan racked up 9 formal field training sessions and 8 observation reports - Well done! This award entitles Officer Logan to a salary bonus of $5000 (($50,000)), paid directly from the Commanding Officer of the Field Training Division.

Be sure to congratulate Officer Logan whenever you see him on duty.

Regards,
      Captain Phillipe Sanchez
      Director, Police Training Bureau
      SWAT Division March Update

Special Weapons and Tactics Division Update - March 2020
      "TO PROTECT AND SERVE"
      • Division Update

• Hello Operatives,
          Another month has passed in Los Santos, and the SWAT division still moves forward. This month saw increases in the number of trainings available to our operatives thanks to our new instructors, and delegation of training tasks to groups of instructors. It has also seen a rapid uptick in the number of David patrols, to the point a David unit with SWAT operatives ready to respond is usually available more often than not.

SWAT also expanded our roster to respond to the increased level of gang activity this month. Our continuing mission is to protect the citizens of the city as well as our own officers from predatory gangs, and our reputation alone often forces these organizations to back down.
      • Division Statistics

• This month saw a total of 38 reported active deployments, 16 reported David patrols, and 6 reported passive deployments. This means SWAT deploys on average 1.39 times per day to extreme situations, and SWAT Operatives patrol the city together at least every other day. This means SWAT has a constant presence in the field to respond to the increased levels of gang activity.
        Roster changes
        Promotions:
        • Ilai Daniels > Senior Operative
        • Torsten Church > Senior Operative
        • Lucky Monroe > Operative
        • Mason Lee > Operative
        • Dean Diesel > Operative
        • Clint Masterson > Operative
        • Vuk Minkhalimov > Operative
        • Chris Crawford > Operative
        • George Vern > Operative
        New operatives:
        • Samuel Martin
        • Tyrone Briggs
      • Regards,
        Victor Einhart
        Commanding Officer of SWAT
        Special Weapons and Tactics Division
      This concludes the Los Santos Police Department's Monthly Bulletin for March. Thank you for taking the time to read through it and we hope you are excited for the next one. The Media Relations Division works hard to provide information about the LSPD to both employees and the public, but we couldn't do it without our division leaders keeping up with their own monthly updates for a timely release. If you have any suggestions, feedback, and comments, please contact the Media Relations Division through the means listed in the Contact Information tab.

We would like to give a special thanks to the following personnel for making this monthly release possible:
      • Chief of Police Alex Donnelly
      • Media Relations Division
      • Commanding Officers of Each Division
      (( The statistics gathered from this month were mostly supplied by us going through forum posts. There might be some human error in these statistics. If you are in charge of one of the fields listed in the stats and see a mistake, please contact Media Relations. ))

Police Detective I Jo Campbell, Commanding Officer
    Los Santos Police Department's Public Relations
    (213) 237-2507— [email protected]

Police Detective II Belle Havana Cavallera, Assistant Commanding Officer
    Los Santos Police Department's Public Relations
    [email protected]

Los Santos Police Department Media Relations
    [email protected]

mrdstamp
    MEDIA RELATIONS DIVISION
    Administrative Services Bureau
    Los Santos Police Department — "To Protect and to Serve"

Account is not monitored. For information, consult the Public Affairs area.

Return to “Newsroom”