Monthly Bulletin (July)

The Newsroom contains all press releases of the Los Santos Police Department.
LSPD Media Relations
ECRP Forum Name:

Monthly Bulletin (July)

Post by LSPD Media Relations »

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

• -
    It was a sad day when I heard Chief Osborn was going to retire. He had been a massive part of the improvement within the Los Santos Police Department for several years. Having worked alongside him for a large portion of that time, I knew it was going to be a big loss and even bigger shoes to fill. When Osborn came to me and said he would be supporting me to take over as Chief of Police, I felt a mixture of different feelings. On the one hand I was very honored to be considered for such a hugely important role, but on the other hand I felt I would perhaps struggle to fill the void he was going to be leaving behind. There was a big aura of uncertainty to begin with. That said, I had a job a do.

After a meeting with Commissioner Carter where I was officially named as the next LSPD Chief, it was time to start putting my stamp on the department. The plan was never going to be to suddenly make masses of changes, it was always going to be a case of steadying the ship and slowly implementing improvements as we saw fit.

Around the same time Chief Osborn retired, the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department was opening up outside of the city. We had a number of officers transfer from the city over to the county to begin work with the department up there. This of course made things a little more complicated in terms of finding replacements to fill up important roles that needed to be consistently staffed for the successful daily operation of the LSPD. I knew I had a solid team around me though and with a little consideration, I feel we now have the right people in the right places for the department to continue to flourish.

So what happens now? Well as I said, no large changes would be coming in yet and we still have work to do to make sure the LSPD remains the best law enforcement agency in the country. I am happy with the direction things are going and I am confident that the future is bright for the City of Los Santos. Anything further down the line than that is still a mystery.

I want to thank everyone for their support so far and ask that you all continue doing the excellent work you have been doing.

Chief of Police Mick Reefer
  • Police Officer III Robert Jeys was born in San Francisco, California. He was born to a normal family that loved him very much. In higher education he studied computer science at the state university until he reached the age of 23. During his education he made many friends and committed himself to his studies fully. After his graduation and the unfortunate loss of his parents Robert decided to travel across states to Los Santos in hope of making his mark on the world.

After arriving at the city, Officer Jeys began working low end jobs to cover his living costs. Although they were not the most fortuatus there were some occasions that he got to show off his talents with technology. The exposure to the city he received from this made him very aware of the high rates of crime in Los Santos. He decided to do something about it and applied for the Los Santos Police Department.

Since joining the department Robert has been an exemplary officer. He commits himself to his job and always has a smile on his face. More often than not Jeys can be found training other officers or taking point in general operations. Having recently progressed to the rank of Inspector in the traffic enforcement division and placed in charge of Traffic enforcement field training we are sure that he will do on to do big things in the department. We would all like to wish him the best of luck with his career and hope to keep on seeing that happy face around.
  • Image Captain Image Commander
    • Jay Bacon
    Image Lieutenant I Image Lieutenant II
    • Daniels Shelby
    • Enzo Bozzuto
    Image Sergeant II Image Lieutenant
    • Cynthia Shelby
    Image Sergeant I Image Sergeant II
    • Phillipe Sanchez
    Image Detective I Image Detective II
    • Alex Keller
    • Logan Cross
    Image Senior Lead Officer Image Sergeant I
    • Kristofer Avens
    Image Police Officer III Image Senior Lead Officer
    • Victor Einhart
    • Dezzy Bala
    Image Police Officer II Image Police Officer III
    • Edward Sharp
    • Scott Dunbar
    • Robert Jeys
    • tom Brown
    • Jack Bowers
    Image Police Officer I Image Police Officer II
    • Samuele Colonna
    • Zoey Deul
    • Elsie De La Croix
    • Cyrus Raven
    • Tristen Augusta
    • Elizabeth Axton
    • Steve Martinez
    • Callum James
    • Vyse Legend
    • Brianna Raven
    Cadet Image Police Officer I
    • Brianna Raven
    • Jamie Richardsons
    • Vyse Legend
    • Phillip Darling
    • Dario Rueb
    • Dean Donovan
    • Jordan Basco
    • Xavier Fury
    • Zach Jones
    • Marcus Love
    • Jo Campbell
    • Tobias Lee
    • James Li
    • Jason Reed
    • Matthew Barret
    • Karl Suptic
    • Vladimir Petrovska
    • Alva Hills
    • Felix Noonham
    • Edward Mercer
    • Jonathan Willowick
    • Tony Clinx
    • Walter Pembroke
    • Tom Wolfe
    Cadet Image Police Officer I
    • Shane Rogers
    • Adam Williams
    • Zoe Deul
    • Samuele Colonna
    • Elise De La Croix
    • Conner Douglas
    • Cyras Raven
    • Harrison Walker
    • Elizabeth Axton
    • Callum James
    • Tristen Augusta

• We have made great strides in our departmental divisions, welcomed some new faces, and said farewells to some old ones. Please read below about some divisional updates from the COs and ACOs themselves, and what progress they have made in the month of November.
    Special Weapons and Tactics - July Update
    Hello Readers!

Welcome to the ninth update of the Special Weapons and Tactics Division, where we would like to introduce you all to the updates that occurred within the division during the month of June. Please read through carefully as it will hold important information.

Roster changes

Here are the changes to the roster for last month. July was big month for SWAT with regards to divisional changes,I would like to congratulate all that were promoted and welcome to those who have joined us in the last month. Keep up the good work!

New members:
    • Lex Roth
    • Samuele Colonna
    • Mikael Cowell
    • Adam Williams
    • Jimmy Pegorino
    • Scott Dunbar
    • Cyrus Raven
    • Elise De La Croix
    • Lewis Sanchez
    • Patrick Ferrera
    • Jimmy Jonway
    Promotions:
    • Josh Paige | Assistant Commanding Officer -> Commanding Officer
    • Paulo Witherfork | SWAT Sergeant -> Assistant Commanding Officer
    • Phillipe Sanchez | Senior Operative -> SWAT Sergeant
    • Victor Einhart | Instructor -> SWAT Sergeant
    • Kristofer Avens | Trial Senior Operative -> Senior Operative
    • Ilia Daniels | Trial Instructor -> Instructor
    • Elise De La Croix | Applicant -> Probationary Operative
    • Mikael Cowell | Applicant -> Probationary Operative
    • Samuele Colonna | Applicant -> Probationary Operative
    • Scott Dunbar | Applicant -> Probationary Operative
    • Adam Williams | Applicant -> Probationary Operative
    • Jimmy Pegorino | Applicant -> Probationary Operative
    • Patrick Ferrera | Applicant -> Probationary Operative
    • Jimmy Jonway | Applicant -> Probationary Operative
    • Edward Sharp | Applicant -> Probationary Operative
    Division Updates

Statistics
    During the month of July, there has been 56 total deployments. 14 of them were David Patrols, 12 passive deployments, and 30 Active Deployments. This means 54% of all S.W.A.T. Deployments in July were extreme situations. Compared to last month, the number of Active Deployments and Passive Deployments have remained fairly consistent however there has been a slight rise in serious situations that require SWAT personnel

We would like to send a reminder with regards to the importance of logging all types of deployment. If people are seen failing to log their deployments then warning will start to be administered.

Final Thoughts and Moving Forward

This month we saw the departure of many officers and supervisors in the department, many of which held a rank in SWAT. As a result applications were reopened allowing the addition of many new determined officers to join the ranks whom we hope to see excel in the division. Furthermore SWAT command has seen some dramatic changes also. SWAT Commander Enzo Buzzuto and SWAT Sergeant Harry Payne resigned from the department welcoming the promotion of Josh Paige to take lead of SWAT and continue from the hard efforts of Enzo. Paulo Witherfork was appointed the Assisting Commanding Officer of SWAT to work alongside Josh to help improve and run the division and both Victor Einhart and Phillipe Sanchez joined the command team holding the rank of SWAT Sergeant to aid in supervising the division. I would also like to congratulate Marco Davis on coming the new Director of Special Operations. We hope to see continuous improvement from within the division and thank you all for your hard work in ensuring the safety of your colleges and the citizens of Los Santos!

Commander - Sergeant II Josh Paige
    Assistant Commander - Sergeant I Paulo Witherfork
    Special Weapons and Tactics Command
    Media Relations - July Update

Media Relations has been producing new bulletins for the city of Los Santos, keeping everyone up to date on policy changes and penal code updates for the past few months.

The Media Relations team is a tight knit group who focus on improving the relationship between the general public and that of the Los Santos Police Department. This month there was 2 public press releases, The June monthly bulletin, a penal code update, as well as a internal policy update.

Should you be a member of the press please feel free to contact any member of our team to discuss collaborations.
    Commanding Officer
    Jay Bacon - Paul-1
    Assistant Commanding Officer
    Vacant - Paul-2
    Senior Liason
    Image Image
    James Sardinsky - 2-P-1| Vacant 2-P-2
    Spokesperson
    Image Image Image Image
    Ilai Daniels - 3-P-1| Vacant - 3-P-2 | Vacant - 3-P-3 | Vacant - 3-P-4
    Liason
    Image Image Image Image Image Image
    Xoza Shadow - 4-P-1 | Marshall Rias - 4-P-2| Edward Sharp - 4-P-3 | Vacant - 4-P-4 | Vacant - 4-P-5 | Vacant - 4-P-6

Thank you for taking the time to read our update, this the first one for the division, and while short provides an excellent point for members of both the public and the Police Department to get to know each other more closely.

Commander Jay Bacon
    Central Bureau Coordinator
    Interim Western Bureau Coordinator
    Media Relations Commanding Officer
    Recruitment Commanding Officer
    Los Santos Police Department
    Basic Training - July Update
    Basic training has seen its old Commanding Officer: Lieutenant Daniels Shelby resign from his command position, and I was appointed as Commanding Officer, with Police Officer III Scott Dunbar named as Assistant Commanding Officer shortly after.

I've been in the division for a rather long time now, and I have discussed quite a few drastic changes with ACO Dunbar, and our Bureau Coordinator. However, they are still being discussed, and as such, I wouldn't want to announce anything yet. If they do make it however, the next round of applicants will experience a totally different academy, and the changes will impact officers as well.

We are also looking into updating our divisional recruitment thread, to contain more information, and to hopefully bring two new instructors onto the team.
    Sincerely,
    Detective II Jason Steel,
    Basic Training Division Commanding Officer,
    Gangs and Narcotics Asst. Commanding Officer,
    Investigations Bureau, Los Santos Police Department.
    Field Training Program - July Update
    Dear Field Training Officers,

It's been no secret that July has seen many changes to the field training program both in personnel and format. I (Sergeant Sanchez) was appointed Commanding Officer of an extremely crucial division to the LSPD - the field training program. I was left with big boots to fill in Sergeant Wallace's departure but I hope that I am able to do half as good a job as he did and allow the program to thrive. Additions have been made to sessions so that cadets can gain more in-depth experience in their training and FTP command is always happy to receive feedback and values any input from any field training officer. This month, 11 FTOs were recruited and have been valued members of the team since joining.

Throughout the month of July, 117 unique FTP sessions and 35 formal observations were conducted meaning that there were over 150 formal interactions with cadets throughout July - Well done all!

Another big change to the FTP this month was that Detective Eleanor Quinn was appointed as the Assistant Commanding Officer of the division. Her promotion to ACO was a no-brainer for myself and high-command due to her high commitment to the division and her proficiency in paperwork pertaining to the progression of cadets. With her promotion to ACO saw her previous position (FTP Supervisor) open up which will be opened up for applications in the near future.

The month of June saw us introduce 11 new Field Training Officers into the Field Training Program.
    • Police Officer II - Marcus Levonn
    • Police Officer II - Audrey Sanchez
    • Police Officer II - Oluntaji Osas
    • Police Officer II - Lex Roth
    • Police Officer II - Earnie Shavers
    • Police Officer II - Mikael Cowell
    • Police Officer II - Adam Williams
    • Police Officer II - Jimmy Jonway
    • Police Officer II - Zoey Deul
    • Police Officer II - Cleetus Sanchez
    • Police Officer II - Samuelle Colonna

This month we have successfully passed 21 Cadets through the Field Training Program and are proud to see how well they have done.
    • Marcus Love
    • James Li
    • Jordan Stephenson
    • Tobias Lee
    • Dorian Tshudy
    • Vladamir Petrovska
    • Joe Romano
    • Jonathan Willowick
    • Felix Noonham
    • Alva Hills
    • Edward Mercer
    • Tony Clinkz
    • Jasper Wuuuu
    • Karl Suptic
    • Walter Pembroke
    • Jordan Cross
    • Jaxon Paige
    • Jason Reed
    • Matthew Barret
    • Tom Wolfe
    • Abel Montgomery

For the month of June, the Field Training Program Command has decided to make Police Officer III Robert Jeys our Field Training Officer of the Month. This award entitles Officer Jeys to a salary bonus of $5000 (($50,000)) paid directly from the Commanding Officer of the Field Training Program.

Furthermore, this month, FTP Command are proud to present Police Officer III Scott Dunbar with the exemplary field training officer award due to his high levels of commitment to paperwork, feedback and critical assessment of cadets.

Be sure to congratulate both Police Officer III Dunbar and Jeys whenever you see them on duty.

Regards,
    Sergeant II Phillipe Sanchez
    Field Training Program Commanding Officer

Detective I Eleanor Quinn
    Field Training Program Assist. Commanding Officer
    Investigations Bureau - July Update
    Hello Investigators and Detectives, and welcome to the twelfth monthly update of the Investigations Bureau! With this update, we would like to introduce everyone to all changes and updates that have been made within the Bureau last month, as to let you all know and include you all in what is happening in the Bureau.
    During the month of July, we have had several roster changes within the Investigations Bureau ranging from internal changes or promotions to Investigators or Detectives progressing through the ranks in the Police Department.

During the month of July, the following Investigators and Detectives have been promoted. Congratulations!
    Image Police Officer III → Image Police Detective I
    • Damien Blix
    Image Police Detective I → Image Police Detective II
    • Alex Keller
    • Logan Cross
    Image Police CommanderImageImage Deputy Chief of Police
    • Elena Blake
    Additionally, we have also had to part with the following member(s) of the Investigations Bureau. Farewell!
    • Ryan Torres
    Lastly, the following changes have been made to our internal roster.
    • Detective II Logan Cross has been appointed as the Assistant Commanding Officer of the Robbery Homicide Division.
    • Detective II Xoza Shadow has been appointed as the Assistant Commanding Officer of the Detective Support and Vice Division.
    Following a phase where the Detective Performance Reviews, which previously covered the self-evaluation forms filled in by Detectives of the Investigations Bureau, were reviewed, it was concluded that the system did not work as intended.

Whilst there are several reasons for the system not operating well, the most prominent reasons are the lack of feedback provided to the Detectives who sent in a self-evaluation form, the lack of activities that could be disclosed by Detectives themselves as some Detectives are more busy with other divisional duties than other Detectives, and the fact that it was a form that was filled in by Detectives themselves without fact-checking being done upon receiving of the self-evaluation form from the Detective, making it a rather flawed reviewing system that became abandoned.

Moving forward, self-evaluation forms will be decommissioned and no longer sent out. At the end of every month, Detectives will receive a performance review which consists of a summary of their statistics during that month, a short written summary about their general performance, what they have done well and what they could improve on. The statistics will focus on but are not limited to internal statistics, as such they will also include other things of importance, such as participation within the Field Training Program and so forth.

These Detective Performance Reviews will be sent out from August 2019 onward.
    In July 2019, major changes were made to the Detective Training Program and the, then, Sergeant Training Program.

Detectives holding the rank of Detective I who are interested in becoming a supervisor-in-training will have to apply to the revamped Supervisor Training Program (previously; Sergeant Training Program). These applications will be reviewed by the Los Santos Police Department's Command Team, just as the Sergeant Training Program applications were reviewed.

What this means is that upon reaching the rank of Detective I, Detectives will no longer be a supervisor-in-training immediately. They have the choice to apply to the Supervisor Training Program to start their training as a supervisor and to progress through the ranks of the department. As such, Detectives have the choice to remain a Detective I to focus solely on the Investigations Bureau - this, however, does mean they will not be able to progress further up the ranks past Detective I.

This change was introduced to make the Detective Training Program a more smooth process. This allows us to internally focus on the Detective Evaluations, as Detectives will now partake in an already established Supervisor Training Program.
    During the month of July:
    • A total of 8 cases have been opened.
    • A total of 12 cases have been closed.
    • A total of 8 cases are currently being actively investigated. (Excluding Gangs and Narcotics statistics)
    • A combined total of 48 Investigation Patrol Logs have been posted.
    • 2 Investigator has passed their Detective Evaluative Test.
    • 1 Detective has passed the Supervisor Training Program.
    On a final note, we would like to thank you all for reading through the twelfth monthly Investigations Bureau update post. We greatly appreciate all the work every single one of you puts in every day to make the Investigations Bureau successful.
    Once again, congratulations to all those who got promoted, and keep up the good work!

Deputy Chief of Police Elena Blake
    Director, Office of Investigations
    Advaned Training - July Update

ATD Statistics
    "TO PROTECT AND SERVE"

• Hello and welcome to the monthly update for Advanced Training Division. July has been a quiet, but successful month for us. Many certifications were issued out and we had large changes in the roster.

Statistics for the division during July:
      • 2 Scene Management Certification.
      • 7 High-Speed Motorcycle Unit Certification.
      • 7 Heavy Interception Unit Certification.
      • 1 High-Speed Interception Unit Certification.
      • 3 Denied Firearms Certifications
      • 19 Accepted Firearms Certifications
      Roster changes:
      • One new instructor was brought into the division.
      • Lieutenant Robert Reynolds resigned from the commander position of Advanced Training Division.
      • 4 instructors resigned from Advanced Training Division.

• From
      Sergeant II Santino Deferro
      Vinewood Watch Commander
      Advanced Training Division Assistant Commanding Officer
    Traffic Enforcement - July Update
    This month the traffic enforcement division has undertaken some huge changes and our previous CO, Deputy Chief Dinkley has moved up to Director of special operations. On behalf of the entire division, I would like to say thank you to Deputy Chief Dinkley for building up the division and setting the foundations for something amazing.

We now welcome a new CO, Sergeant II Josh Paige. He has been selected as one of the divisions longest-serving officers to continue in the Chief's footsteps and lead the division into continued success. Working closely with him will be the division new ACO Sergeant I Mary Dinkley Who again is a long-serving member of the divisions and an influential member of the team. Sergeant II Phillipe Sanchez Has also taken up a spot in TED command as Head inspector. Like the others, Sergeant Sanchez has shown devout dedication to the success of the division. I'm sure that with the three of them working together they will aptly lead the division to continued success.

During this month we also saw other influential members of the division moving up the ranks to the position of Inspector. Each of them has been chosen to lead areas of the division with TED Commands oversight.

Inspector Ilai Daniels - Examinations, Mary Certifications and division statistics
    Inspector Robert Jeys - Traffic officer training
    Inspector Edward Sharp - Car Club

Lastly, I personally would like to say a special thank you to all of the other officers in the division. Despite the changes, Traffic officers have continually demonstrated that they are among the departments finest. We have recorded record highs in Traffic patrols/times and citations issued. Keep up the good work.
    TED Statistics as of 14/JUN/2019
    Personnel
    Currently, our ranks are divided as such within TED:
    TED Command: 3
    Inspector: 3
    Traffic Officer III: 4
    Traffic Officer II: 13
    Traffic Officer I: 8
    Probationary Traffic Officer: 6
    Traffic Officer of the month
    After discussing with TED CO Josh Paige we have agreed that traffic officer of the month has been a great way to motivate officers into continued success. From now on we will be stepping it up. From this point on TOTM will receive a bonus based on the total sum of the citations they issued during the given month.

Traffic Officer II Audrey Sanchez Has been selected as this month's Traffic Officer of the month. She has been chosen in response to her continued dedication. Audrey has recorded a total of 38 Patrols, 282 Citations, and 52 Traffic stops. For this, she will be awarded a bonus of $61,000. Congratulations!
    Police Officer III Edward Sharp
    Traffic Inspector
    Air Support - July Update

Air Support Division Update - July 2019
    "TO PROTECT AND SERVE"

Hello Pilots!
    Welcome to the Eleventh update of the Air Support Division where we would like to introduce you all to the updates within the division for the month of July. We are looking to get these made for each month to let you all know what is happening within the division, and any upcoming changes to the division. We hope this will help to include you all more, and inform you of changes prior to them happening, so you can all come forward with suggestions of things that you all would like to see change within the Air Support Division.

Roster changes
    We have recently bought on several new pilots to the Junior Pilot Program. We would like to take this opportunity to extend a warm welcome to the following talented individuals:
    • Lex Roth
    • Alex Keller
    • Connor Douglas
    • Zoey Deul
    The following Pilots resigned or been removed from the Air Support Division and we thank them for their service to the division.
    • Earnie Shavers
    • Adam Williams
    • Daniels Shelby
    • Robert Reynolds
    • Papa Stouch
    • Connor Douglas
    • Ryan Torres
    • Ronald Jennings
    The following promotions have also happened within the month of July. Congratulations to the following Pilots, and remember to reach out to a Senior Pilot or higher and schedule the Junior Pilot Examination with them if you have reached the requirement of 10 flight hours and feel ready to take on the test.

• Kristofer Avens | Senior Pilot -> Commander
    • Mikael Cowell | Junior Pilot -> Pilot
    • Jack Bowers | Junior Pilot -> Pilot
    • Edward Sharp | Pilot -> Pilot First Class
    Division Information

We are planning on changes that will increase our ability to look over pilots performance more easily and in more detail as to reward the pilots who put in exceptional work into the division and give a nudge to those pilots who are under performing.

We are also looking at changing the training process of becoming a pilot. We hope to implement this in the near future.

There are a lot more changes we are going to make inside the division but we will notify you of them when we are ready to announce them.

This month we are going to congratulate Edward Sharp as our featured Pilot! He has logged a total of 20 hours in the month of July which is the highest of any pilot in the division and has always posted detailed flight logs. He has also recently been promoted to Pilot First Class for his efforts inside the division. For being the featured pilot this month he will receive a bonus of $25,000. Congratulations Edward Sharp, please see the Commanding Officer for your bonus.

I would like to remind all Junior Pilots that you are responsible for obtaining 10 flight hours and conducting your 10 hour flight check within 30 days to progress to Pilot. Junior Pilots not meeting this criteria will be removed and made to reapply when they have the time required to dedicate to the division. Several junior Pilots are eligible to schedule their ten hour flight check but have failed to do so.

On a last note, thank you all for reading this update for the Air Support Division for July 2019. Good job on the flight hours for the month of July, and we hope to see a better increase for August. Welcome to the team, all new members within the division!

Sergeant I Kristofer Avens
    Air Support Division Commanding Officer
    This concludes our monthly bulletin. Thank you for taking the time to read through our update and we hope you are excited for the next one. Media Relations will work hard to provide you with a monthly bulletin, such as this one, from now on. We ask all division leaders to actively keep up with their monthly updates in order to be included in our report. If you have any suggestions, feedback, and comments, please contact the Media Relations through the means listed in the Contact Information tab.

We would like to give special thanks to the following personnel for making this monthly release possible:
    • Chief of Police Mick Reefer
    • Deputy Chief Alex Donnelly
    • Commander Jay Bacon
    • Divisional Command
    • Media Relations Team
    (( The statistics gathered from this month were mostly supplied by us going through forum posts. There might be some human error in these statistics. If you are in charge of one of the fields listed in the stats and see a mistake, please contact Media Relations. ))
Commander Jay Bacon, Commanding Officer
Los Santos Police Department's Public Relations
(213)516-1554 — [email protected]

Police Officer III Ilai Daniels, Spokerperson.
Los Santos Police Department's Public Relations
(213)308-6997 — [email protected]

Los Santos Police Department Media Relations
[email protected]

mrdstamp
MEDIA RELATIONS DIVISION
Administrative Services Bureau
Los Santos Police Department — "To Protect and to Serve"

Account is not monitored. For information, consult the Public Affairs area.

Return to “Newsroom”